NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -3.5 ) —- T: 234
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

Oops Bucks

• yisman

the refs now calling FT violations at 11 seconds is kinda BS

never saw this stuff called during the season

• UGAdude

@yisman said...

the refs now calling FT violations at 11 seconds is kinda BS

never saw this stuff called during the season

That one was 13 seconds and it’s Giannis’s second violation of the playoffs. Dude needs to just shoot the damn ball.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Where are all the “but, but the Nets don’t play any defense” people?

Numbers are numbers. They were a bad defensive team in the regular season. You can’t say the umbers are wrong. They weren’t exactly stellar defensively against the Celtics either. Celtics averaged the same points they did in the regular season, without Brown, and a chunk of the series without Kemba.

• yisman

Tucker got in KD’s face and then a security guy came in and shoved Tucker. lol

Erect that dude

• yisman

JVG saying he has such admiration for Blake Griffin adjusting to a supporting role for the Nets.

What about Blake Griffin taking 20+ million a year from Detroit and just quitting on the team last 2 seasons? Then he goes to Brooklyn and all of a sudden he’s working out and dunking.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Numbers are numbers. They were a bad defensive team in the regular season. You can’t say the umbers are wrong. They weren’t exactly stellar defensively against the Celtics either. Celtics averaged the same points they did in the regular season, without Brown, and a chunk of the series without Kemba.

But it is such a lazy, uniformed narrative used by people that don’t understand how basketball works. This is not football where there are different personnel that play offense and defense. In basketball defense is dependent on how your most recent offensive possession transpired. Fans don’t understand that unfortunately.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineup note: Clippers will start Jackson, George, Leonard, Morris, Zubac on Thursday.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

OK, so you’re not a fan? Or you’re above a fan? Yes, looking at numbers is very lazy. I should watch and deeply analyze all their games. The better your offense is, the better your defense should be, because you have more opportunity to set your defense when you make a shot, you don’t have to worry about running back, and losing anyone. The fact that they were so elite offensively arguably make their putrid regular season defensive numbers even worse.

• monarch

The two most important things to all basketball coaches are not turning the ball over and can we get back on defense. I coached at a low level and whenever anyone would ask me…coach are you going to win my answer would always be if we can not turn the ball over and get back on defense then we have a chance.

So yes the Nets offense with Kevin Durant, James Harden and to a lesser extent Kyrie Irving allows them to almost always get a clean shot and to set their defense. It is critical and why they are going to be an impossible out. People are saying this is the most talented team or whatever and I don’t agree. KD is amazing but that’s it right now. Bruce Brown, Landry Shamet, Joe Harris, Blake Griffin give me a break….The Bucks are just as talented but they cannot space the floor and get quality shots as often as the Nets. The Nets coaching staff is putting on a clinic.

The Nets offense is extremely vanilla…hardly any ball or player movement. They don’t need it…its more like the triangle offense than Kerr’s Warriors and that is just fine.

• UGAdude

Never seen Joe Harris shoot this bad.

• chronoxiong

Can’t shoot free throws. And still takes 13 seconds to take them. These free throw misses could cost the Bucks if the game is close to the end

• ifthethunder

I wonder if Kawhi Leonard will be a better play tonight than last game.
    ~

• mrshhhh

I can’t giannis ain’t guarding kd in crunch time. He has the wingspan to block his shot

• yisman

Middleton decides to chuck up an off balance contested 20 footer with plenty of time left on the shot clock

air ball

• RipCityRings

@ifthethunder said...

I wonder if Kawhi Leonard will be a better play tonight than last game.
    ~

I think he adjusts and gets Royce into foul trouble. Also expect PG13 to shoot better, but I guess he has nowhere to go but up.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

Captain Zubac for the Win!

• Njsum1

@Njsum1 said...

These series slumps tend to last, yet the 1 Buck with some upside is Middleton at 7800. They’re going to need him, and if his shot is falling there’s a 50 🍔 in there somewhere.

• yisman

truly a bizarre game in so many ways

• Bro those bucks fans they’re showing on espn are way to hype.

Tell me thats not tmahorls kids

They act like they won the chip🤣

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

What will be different this game that makes Mike James a worse play? His price is up $500 from 3,300. But that’s still cheap if he gets 21+ DKFP.

🎶 Was blind but now I see… 🎶
    ~

• RipCityRings

One Shamet 3 away from chopping first again, Claxton just edged him out.

I can totally see Zubac getting into foul trouble here since he’ll see a lot more Gobert starting. Hoping Pat Bev is the key to showdown, just 5% in the DK $18. Also think Clarkson shoots better here.

• Golfnut04240

Mike James hurt many of my lines.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

🎶 Was blind but now I see… 🎶
    ~

I wish I didn’t have him in so many

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

Bigtigers should be looking good in the 4PP

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).