NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Atlanta ( 3 ) —- T: 221.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -1.5 ) at LA Clippers ( 1.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

I am not really hung up on the 16th overall pick. This roster already has Tatum, Brown then Robert Williams III, Moses Brown and Aaron NeSmith and Romeo Langford. Then add in that Tremont Waters and Carsen Edwards are occasional rotation players. All the 16th pick would be would be another player like that.

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

Boston should have gotten more for Kemba, or at least not had to give up a 1st. Bottom line.

As soon as a team like the Knicks, or any team looking for a PG, realized they weren’t getting Dame and whiff on signing Lowry or Schroder or Paul if he opts out, the market for Kemba would have grown. Conley is a FA too, but obviously most these PG’s will play musical chairs. If Paul opts out, and Schroder leaves LA, then Paul or Lowry will sign with the Lakers for cheap. Then one of these guys will probably sign with Phoenix cheap, to replace Paul. One of them will then go to the Clippers cheap. Whoever doesn’t go to the Lakers or Suns. Then you’re just back to square one, if you’re not one of the LA teams or Phoenix and in need of a PG.

I think Paul opts out with the intention of signing with Phoenix. Lakers just don’t have the $.

Conley would be an interesting signing for the Knicks though. I hadn’t thought about that.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

I am not really hung up on the 16th overall pick. This roster already has Tatum, Brown then Robert Williams III, Moses Brown and Aaron NeSmith and Romeo Langford. Then add in that Tremont Waters and Carsen Edwards are occasional rotation players. All the 16th pick would be would be another player like that.

That’s kind of short sighted though. You don’t HAVE to pick a mediocre rotation player at 16.

2020 : Isaiah Stewart went 16th, Bey went 19. ( Time will tell I guess.)
    2018 : DDV went 17th
    2017: Bam went 14th, John Collins 19th
    2016 : Beasley went 19th, LeVert went 20th, Siakam went 27th that year, Dejounte Murray 29th
    2015: Boston picked Rozier at 16
    2014: Nurkic was picked 16th.

Anyway, you get my point. They COULD get a guy who is more than just a rotation player.

• Golfnut04240

@BiGtIGeRs said...

They do 2 game slates for conference championship even if they are on different days?

They did last year and I suspect they will now.

• monarch

Panda we dont know what Stevens has in the works.

He has to know that if he has Tatum and Brown together for the next ten years he probably has several championship rosters in that timespan. Kemba was a hindrance to that….everything else really doesnt matter. They need to get lean, that was a step in that direction.

Moses Brown is a real player…they have years to evaluate him against Timelord (who has injury concerns) or flip one of them. Perhaps he thinks he can get Tatums best friend Brad Beal. That would be a finals roster….you need three guys, that would qualify. Horford is now an expiring contract, Timelord and Moses Brown are assets. I think they are closer to being able to acquire a player like Beal than they were yesterday.

Maybe part of the promotion was a guarantee that he would move Kemba.

The price of doing business is what it is.

• ifthethunder

For tonight’s slate: Who you got, Lou Williams or Terance Mann? (I tried one with both, not sure it helped at all though.)
    ~

• BiGtIGeRs

Zubac or hell naw

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Panda we dont know what Stevens has in the works.

He has to know that if he has Tatum and Brown together for the next ten years he probably has several championship rosters in that timespan. Kemba was a hindrance to that….everything else really doesnt matter. They need to get lean, that was a step in that direction.

Moses Brown is a real player…they have years to evaluate him against Timelord (who has injury concerns) or flip one of them. Perhaps he thinks he can get Tatums best friend Brad Beal. That would be a finals roster….you need three guys, that would qualify. Horford is now an expiring contract, Timelord and Moses Brown are assets. I think they are closer to being able to acquire a player like Beal than they were yesterday.

Maybe part of the promotion was a guarantee that he would move Kemba.

The price of doing business is what it is.

Yes, they might have enough cap space to max out Beal next off season. Might. They basically can’t add anybody though. Horford is still going to be on the books for at least 14.5 million, whether they keep him or not. Tatum and Brown combine for 60 million. So, now you’re at 74.5. Are they resigning Fournier? They’ll also have about 18 million tied up in club options on all those fringe rotation guys you mentioned earlier, like Grant Williams, Langford, Nesmith, and so on. That puts them roughly around 94 million spent, before resigning Fournier or anyone else. Even if they only pick up the options on a couple of the cheaper guys, like Pritchard at 2.2 million, it’s still going to have cost.

So, if the cap is say 120 million. You have 74.5 tied up in Brown/Tatum/Horford, leaving 45.5. Say you keep, Nesmith, Pritchard, and Edwards, as cheap bodies, they’re set to make 8 million combined. Moses Brown will make 1.8 million. So, now you’re down to 35.7 million, which gives you the Beal money. This is with adding nothing, letting Fournier walk or convince to sign a 1 year deal. You’re letting Robert Williams walk, because if you give him his qualifying offer of 5.4 million, that brings you down to 30 million for Beal. You’re also not extending and letting Smart potentially walk, who will be FA that year, but they’ll also be able to go over the cap to resign him. Same I guess with Fournier, again if they convince him to do a 1 year deal.

So, yes it’s all possible, with a lot of risk.

• monarch

Man….you put the work in. Kudos.

I can also see Stevens getting Billy Donovan. Good relationship with Beal and Brown played four years at Providence…veteran coach, knows how to run strong offensive sets.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Man….you put the work in. Kudos.

I can also see Stevens getting Billy Donovan. Good relationship with Beal and Brown played four years at Providence…veteran coach, knows how to run strong offensive sets.

It doesn’t take long. Just look at the teams salary table and some quick math. I was just curious what they were looking at. Like I said before, bottom line to me, is I think they should have gotten more, or not had to give up the 1st. I understand saving cap money for sure. I understand not wanting to keep Kemba. Just seems like an underwhelming return, and I highly doubt this early in their offseason they had fully exhausted all options. Almost seems like they had a meeting after the season, and decided, you know, we haven’t been the same since we let Horford walk, let’s get him back, no matter the cost.

I don’t want to keep hijacking the thread though that is supposed to be about todays slate. So these are my last words on the matter.

• Brendan239

3 LUs and Okungwu will be in 1. Lots of Bog Bog, Gallo, RJax, Morris. This should be a fun one

• yisman

Conley and Mitchell both GTDs today

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

Yes, they might have enough cap space to max out Beal next off season. Might. They basically can’t add anybody though. Horford is still going to be on the books for at least 14.5 million, whether they keep him or not. Tatum and Brown combine for 60 million. So, now you’re at 74.5. Are they resigning Fournier? They’ll also have about 18 million tied up in club options on all those fringe rotation guys you mentioned earlier, like Grant Williams, Langford, Nesmith, and so on. That puts them roughly around 94 million spent, before resigning Fournier or anyone else. Even if they only pick up the options on a couple of the cheaper guys, like Pritchard at 2.2 million, it’s still going to have cost.

So, if the cap is say 120 million. You have 74.5 tied up in Brown/Tatum/Horford, leaving 45.5. Say you keep, Nesmith, Pritchard, and Edwards, as cheap bodies, they’re set to make 8 million combined. Moses Brown will make 1.8 million. So, now you’re down to 35.7 million, which gives you the Beal money. This is with adding nothing, letting Fournier walk or convince to sign a 1 year deal. You’re letting Robert Williams walk, because if you give him his qualifying offer of 5.4 million, that brings you down to 30 million for Beal. You’re also not extending and letting Smart potentially walk, who will be FA that year, but they’ll also be able to go over the cap to resign him. Same I guess with Fournier, again if they convince him to do a 1 year deal.

So, yes it’s all possible, with a lot of risk.

Wizards can offer the most money and the highest percentage raises on Beal’s contract. I doubt Brad goes to Boston, I figured it would be LA or Miami, but he would be leaving $60 million on the table to go somewhere else.

• yisman

Brooklyn/Milwaukee betting totals and actual totals:

Game 1: 240, 222 (-18)
    Game 2: 238.5, 211 (-27.5)
    Game 3: 235, 169 (-66)
    Game 4: 229, 203 (-26)
    Game 5: 222, 222 (0)
    Game 6: 220.5, 193 (-27.5)

With the exception of Game 5, every game has been an under of at least 18 points.

These teams were historically high scoring during the regular season.

Nets 118.6-114.1
    Bucks 120.1-114.2

Easily top 2 in the NBA.

• BiGtIGeRs

@yisman said...

Brooklyn/Milwaukee betting totals and actual totals:

Game 1: 240, 222 (-18)
    Game 2: 238.5, 211 (-27.5)
    Game 3: 235, 169 (-66)
    Game 4: 229, 203 (-26)
    Game 5: 222, 222 (0)
    Game 6: 220.5, 193 (-27.5)

With the exception of Game 5, every game has been an under of at least 18 points.

These teams were historically high scoring during the regular season.

Nets 118.6-114.1
    Bucks 120.1-114.2

Easily top 2 in the NBA.

The bucks are a really athletic team but very dumb team at the same time, they had 33 three point attempts only making 7

• monarch

@BiGtIGeRs said...

The bucks are a really athletic team but very dumb team at the same time, they had 33 three point attempts only making 7

Very angry team too…especially in the games they won

• Brendan239

I think Bev, Kennard, Curry, Lou, Dwight are fools gold today

• BiGtIGeRs

@monarch said...

Very angry team too…especially in the games they won

You think 76ers will be angry tonight

• monarch

@BiGtIGeRs said...

You think 76ers will be angry tonight

Probably lol. They are frauds tho

• BiGtIGeRs

@Brendan239 said...

I think Bev, Kennard, Curry, Lou, Dwight are fools gold today

Atleast 1 out of those 4 will reach value tonight

• Brendan239

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Atleast 1 out of those 4 will reach value tonight

None of those 5 will. Lou, Bev, Dwight, Kennard won’t break 20 minutes and Curry is priced over his head

• IT4MVP

I don’t think Horford has much left in the tank. Maybe the C’s dump his contract, then have the room for Beal. I don’t know about TT but I like Williams and Moses at C. All they need is a PG to run the offense through. I love a guy like Monte Morris for Boston if he’s even available

• WrathofKhaaan

Curry and Huerter or Bog and Korkmaz on DK?

• tyetwo42

Curry and Huerter.

• RipCityRings

Feels like this slate comes down to whether Simmons has any pride or not. That sort of applies to Tobias too, but what are the odds they show up motivated? I don’t think anyone realistically believes the Sixers can go the distance this year. For all the Giannis/Simmons comparisons, I think the major difference is that ABC actually takes it seriously when he’s getting universally clowned and tries to respond on the court. I’m genuinely not sure that Ben cares at all. Maybe that’s just his Mona Lisa face talking, but I really do think he’s content to just be a young rich all-star coasting on offense.

It seems like the only pressure that might sway him would have to be more direct and personal- Embiid is out there risking his healthy every night and is surely beyond frustrated watching Ben piss away playoff games at the FT line. If I had to guess I’d say Embiid gives it his all again tonight but the Sixers as a whole collapse. I wouldn’t be at all surprised is this is Ben’s last game in a Philly uniform.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).