NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

• realphipps

I’m not overthinking captain/mvp tonight.

• zeeshan2

The suns are going to the finals

• monarch

Whats the game script here? Booker breaks through the Beverley wall and closes them out with 40 real life points? Pat Bev erected?

Abdel Nader 1k in the rotation now.

Trying to be different but not stupid

• monarch

I am going 100 percent Booker. He crushed the Nuggets in a 4-0 closeout game. Then he had 71.25 DK points in a closeout game vs the Lakers round 1.

The field will be down on him. He has not been shooting well the Clippers might hit the eject button at any point but Booker wont come out.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Whats the game script here? Booker breaks through the Beverley wall and closes them out with 40 real life points? Pat Bev erected?

Abdel Nader 1k in the rotation now.

Brendan isn’t here to give you the “unique”, er, dumb picks.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Is Brendan ok? Isnt he from SFLA?

• xaab

@tmarohl said...

Is Brendan finally give his divorce paper to DFS?

• bazerko

Zubac now questionable with a knee injury

• tmarohl

Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA
    ·
    7m
    Ivica Zubac is listed as questionable for tonight’s Game 5 due to a sprained MCL in his right knee.

• Skee

Damn I missed the Ayton captain game. I had him in like slot #2 or 3. I noticed during the regular season he is always capable of outscoring Booker or Paul, but is always projected behind them.

Also, as to previous posts about unique. I have started to like the FD setup after originally hating it. You can actually get unique by doing something like Ayton higher than Booker/Paul, or going to mid tier guys for the 2/3 slots. Basically you take a guy who is definitely going to play and bet he outperforms, rather than bet that a guy who doesn’t play somehow gets 25

And you are not necessarily betting that they are the 2nd/3rd highest scorer in the whole game.. It kind of seems like that’s what you are picking but if everyone is kind of bunched up in s cores the salaries can work out to where a stud may have scored higher than your #2 but you still score better overall because of better utility guys

• Njsum1

Ty Lue’s greatness as a coach will once again be put on display tonight. Unfortunately, his players will likely squander/choke the game away yet again.

Even Stephen A Smith, who hates to agree with Max Kellerman on anything basketball related, acknowledged that Ty Lue is likely the best coach in basketball right now. Kinda feel like calling him top 2 was a bit of an insult as he is the best. 😎

Good luck tonight. Don’t mind Captain Ayton again 🤷‍♂️

• tmarohl

RotoWireBasketball
    @RotoWireNBA
    ·
    12m
    Ivica Zubac: Will play in Game 5

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Ty Lue’s greatness as a coach will once again be put on display tonight. Unfortunately, his players will likely squander/choke the game away yet again.

Even Stephen A Smith, who hates to agree with Max Kellerman on anything basketball related, acknowledged that Ty Lue is likely the best coach in basketball right now. Kinda feel like calling him top 2 was a bit of an insult as he is the best. 😎

Good luck tonight. Don’t mind Captain Ayton again 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think Lue’s coaching, good or bad, is going to make much difference as I expect Clips to get blown out pretty bad tonight.

• tmarohl

If GG is lurking, what are your thoughts?

Alex Kennedy
    AlexKennedyNBA · 9m There is “a widespread expectation” that the Warriors will look to package "(player-popup #james-wiseman)James Wiseman":/players/james-wiseman-2439552 and the No. 7 pick (and possibly the No. 14 pick) to make “immediate upgrades to the roster,” per johnhollinger
    . He adds that Pascal Siakam is a possible target. Thinking face

• monarch

Siakam feels like a horrible fit for the Warriors. He is an iso olayer that cannot shoot, they already have one of those they dont like in Andrew Wiggins

• siddom

Wiggins Wiseman 7th sign and trade for dame, making the splash trios

• NDNole

@monarch said...

Ive been going the different AND stupid route and trying to make kennard a thing. Im a glutton for punishment, I might try again. Still on the fence.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

I don’t think Lue’s coaching, good or bad, is going to make much difference as I expect Clips to get blown out pretty bad tonight.

Yeah it feels like a blowout. Takes a lot out of a team losing 2 games like that. Could very easily be 3-1 clips or at the very least 2-2.

If you can’t see how great a coach Lue is at this point I don’t know what to tell you. If his team was just below average at the end of games he’d be taking an undermanned roster to at the very least a draw against the #2 team in the western conference.

Not to mention his comebacks against Dallas and Utah (without Kawhi) and perhaps the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA, which was the Cavs down 3-1 to a 73 win team to win the championship.

• NDNole

@monarch said...

I am going 100 percent Booker. He crushed the Nuggets in a 4-0 closeout game. Then he had 71.25 DK points in a closeout game vs the Lakers round 1.

The field will be down on him. He has not been shooting well the Clippers might hit the eject button at any point but Booker wont come out.

Im warming up to Booker tonight. Ayton should finally be higher owned than Booker. He has outperformed him so far this series.

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah it feels like a blowout. Takes a lot out of a team losing 2 games like that. Could very easily be 3-1 clips or at the very least 2-2.

If you can’t see how great a coach Lue is at this point I don’t know what to tell you. If his team was just below average at the end of games he’d be taking an undermanned roster to at the very least a draw against the #2 team in the western conference.

Not to mention his comebacks against Dallas and Utah (without Kawhi) and perhaps the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA, which was the Cavs down 3-1 to a 73 win team to win the championship.

I take it more as a failure to have his team ready in rounds 1 and 2 early in the series.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@siddom said...

Wiggins Wiseman 7th sign and trade for dame, making the splash trios

That might get you CJ. That ain’t getting you near Dame.

• realphipps

Philly sports talk is really pushing the Simmons to GS for Wiggins, Wiseman, Poole, #7 talk. Even pulling the Cavs in as a 3rd team (Sexton to PHI)

GS can hide Ben’s deficiencies. Word on the street.

• tmarohl

Looking back at some past drafts. That 2012 second round was pretty good. Draymond, Crowder, Middleton, Barton, Satoransky.

• tmarohl

@realphipps said...

Philly sports talk is really pushing the Simmons to GS for Wiggins, Wiseman, Poole, #7 talk. Even pulling the Cavs in as a 3rd team (Sexton to PHI)

GS can hide Ben’s deficiencies. Word on the street.

Why would GS want Simmons? Can’t play him and Draymond at the same time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).