NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• realphipps

@tmarohl said...

Why would GS want Simmons? Can’t play him and Draymond at the same time.

Draymond replacement. I guess? Dray still has 3 years/75mil owed to him.

They’re basically the same guy, imo. Minus age. Both terrible shooters. Both mental midgets.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Ty Lue’s greatness as a coach will once again be put on display tonight. Unfortunately, his players will likely squander/choke the game away yet again.

Even Stephen A Smith, who hates to agree with Max Kellerman on anything basketball related, acknowledged that Ty Lue is likely the best coach in basketball right now. Kinda feel like calling him top 2 was a bit of an insult as he is the best. 😎

Good luck tonight. Don’t mind Captain Ayton again 🤷‍♂️

I thought you said that was part of Lue’s greatness? Getting his players prepared for these moments.

The guys on first take agreeing with you doesn’t help your argument. Those guys are idiots.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah it feels like a blowout. Takes a lot out of a team losing 2 games like that. Could very easily be 3-1 clips or at the very least 2-2.

If you can’t see how great a coach Lue is at this point I don’t know what to tell you. If his team was just below average at the end of games he’d be taking an undermanned roster to at the very least a draw against the #2 team in the western conference.

Not to mention his comebacks against Dallas and Utah (without Kawhi) and perhaps the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA, which was the Cavs down 3-1 to a 73 win team to win the championship.

You had the Clippers getting swept. I think they can still pull out a win tonight.

That’s not really out of the norm though is it? Road team should lose both games on the road, then win both games at home making it basically a 3 game series with the home team having the advantage for games 5 and 7 of the series.

I give most of credit for the 3-1 comeback to the greatness of Lebron

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

The guys on first take agreeing with you doesn’t help your argument. Those guys are idiots.

Stephen A’s basketball takes have historically been pretty accurate

Again, I was saying this before either of them, and before ESPN did that article on Lue, which also illustrated how Lue called out Lebron in that Warriors finals and held him accountable, something Blatt was unable to do.

But of course, it’s more about the players, the coaches don’t play. Always more about the players.

And I called for a sweep as a reverse kaibosh type thing, deep down hoping maybe even thinking the Clippers could pull this one out.
    Yet just as you said that championship was more about Lebron, this failure is more about Paul George.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@Njsum1 said...

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Most of the things those guys say seem to be for just clicks. Granted I haven’t watched any of the talking heads in about a year and half.

If Clippers can win tonight things will get interesting. I hope they can win just so we get more basketball.

• bazerko

Zubac ruled out

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Ivica Zubac (knee) ruled out Monday. https://t.co/ghAtfSN5vW

• yisman

@theIrrigator said...

A few hours ago the Clippers said he was playing.

So questionable to in to out.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Its either gonna boogie nights or they go completely small again🤔

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Now thing are getting interesting. Thought there was no way Zubac would be out. Poor coaching running Zubac 40 mins after giving him only 20 the last 2 months

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

A few hours ago the Clippers said he was playing.

So questionable to in to out.

More Lue blunders. Let me guess, he is out and then will be starting right after lock

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Its either gonna boogie nights or they go completely small again🤔

Starting lineup should determine it I hope. Guess you have to play some Cousins either way. I’m 100% Zubac on the Sun-Mon slate so I’m gonna have to rework that

• Njsum1

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

No it’s true, he knows basketball. Football on the other hand….noooooooooooo

• telestraightshooter

@theIrrigator said...

• NDNole

Mann or Batum?

• telestraightshooter

Time to Boggie

• mike42

@Njsum1 said...

Again, I was saying this before either of them, and before ESPN did that article on Lue, which also illustrated how Lue called out Lebron in that Warriors finals and held him accountable, something Blatt was unable to do.

But of course, it’s more about the players, the coaches don’t play. Always more about the players.

And I called for a sweep as a reverse kaibosh type thing, deep down hoping maybe even thinking the Clippers could pull this one out.
    Yet just as you said that championship was more about Lebron, this failure is more about Paul George.

Wasn’t it Kyrie that played out of his ass to win that one?

Also, there is no pressure on PG in this one. Nobody expects them to win this now. He’s been shooting about as bad as he possibly can. Something tells me that PG might blow up when nobody expects him or LA to do much in this one.

• NDNole

@mike42 said...

Wasn’t it Kyrie that played out of his ass to win that one?

Also, there is no pressure on PG in this one. Nobody expects them to win this now. He’s been shooting about as bad as he possibly can. Something tells me that PG might blow up when nobody expects him or LA to do much in this one.

Mike where ya been? Getting ready for NFL?

• telestraightshooter

@telestraightshooter said...

Time to Boggie

Clippers coach Tyronn Lue said that DeMarcusCousins will get minutes at center in Zubac’s absence
    After struggling in Game 1, picking up five fouls in 13 minutes…

• realphipps

Zubac = low owned, contrarian play

• monarch

Amir Coffey 32.7 FD points have him in 0/7

• ifthethunder

@NDNole said...

Mann or Batum?

Bait ‘em and switch (if he doesn’t get the start).
    ~

• billythekidcowboysheat

God i luv mann, but i think they could deploy boogie very quickly if suns smash them early.

On the other hand they have success early with small ball and boogie barely touches the floor🤔

• Golfnut04240

I would like to see the Clippers starting lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).