NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at Atlanta ( 7 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• NDNole

Is today finally a coNaughty day? Going to try and play him one last time and hope he is today’s outta nowhere guy. Getting the minutes he should have at least one outlier game at some point.

• BiGtIGeRs

Bucks will smash the Hawks tonight

• kdsdawg

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Bucks will smash the Hawks tonight

if Trae isn’t healthy then yes

• siddom

Huerter Cap’n?

• tmarohl

@kdsdawg said...

if Trae isn’t healthy then yes

I’m not buying the Trae is hurt narrative. He looked fine when he came back in the game. They are just setting up the hero narrative.

• bazerko

Now that Middleton went off last game, can we ignore him for another four to five slates?

• tmarohl

UPDATE: Young’s (foot) teammate, Onyeka Okongwu, said that the point guard took part in the Hawks’ morning walk-through and shootaround ahead of Tuesday’s Game 4 matchup with the Bucks and is “looking good,” Mike Conti of the Atlanta Hawks Radio Network reports.

• ifthethunder

@bazerko said...

Now that Middleton went off last game, can we ignore him for another four to five slates?

Whenever I captain him, it is safe to ignore him. Let you know closer to lock.
    ~

• tmarohl

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    6m
    Kevon Looney is exercising his $5.1M option to return to the Golden State Warriors next season, sources tell ESPN.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@tmarohl said...

I’m not buying the Trae is hurt narrative. He looked fine when he came back in the game. They are just setting up the hero narrative.

Unsure. He looked fine shooting, i mean he’s a liability defensively anyways.

A part of me think you guys blitz them early and its game 2 all over again, but 2 things i took from hawks last game.

1. Okongwu, lou, gallo gave bucks problems off the bench. Okongwu looked good vs abc, lou will is a good enough backup for trae, and gallo really benefited from foul trouble.

2. Biggest x factor to me tonight is…..Bogy
    Bogy looked closer to 100% last game. Exploding, he didn’t look hobbled like before, idk if that was a one time deal but he could be the reason they could keep it close.

• bazerko

It is becoming more apparent to me that the Hawks got their one win for the series in game one. I don’t think they have the offensive weapons to keep up with Milwaukee in a 7 game series. Last game the Bucks won by 11 and that was with Jrue Holiday only scoring 6 points. I just think the next two games will be wins for Milwaukee by over 10 points.

• mike42

@NDNole said...

Is today finally a coNaughty day? Going to try and play him one last time and hope he is today’s outta nowhere guy. Getting the minutes he should have at least one outlier game at some point.

What’s up? I’ve played literally 1$ of fantasy NBA this year and it was yesterday. I checked in here yesterday to see if anyone had any insight because I love the same game parlays and was doing it for the playoffs. I finished 4th in the NBA dribbler and took back 125$. I don’t have the time or energy for an NBA season but the playoffs have a somewhat predictable cyclicality to them. Team gets blown out, bounces back hard. Player does nothing for 1-2 games and then blows up. I started playing just for the playoffs 2 yrs ago and won 5k. It’s basically the only real luck I’ve had in DFS is the NBA playoffs. Killed it on the same game parlays too.

It’s either Bogdanavich or Huerter that pulls a Morris tonight. I’d guess the first one. Really similar situations but Bogdan shoots more in general. I also think Trae goes off or at least is worth going over on because everyone will be under. Odds are I’ll be batting 500 after tonight on NBA DFS but who knows. Good luck.

• NDNole

@mike42 said...

It’s either Bogdanavich or Huerter that pulls a Morris tonight. I’d guess the first one. Really similar situations but Bogdan shoots more in general. I also think Trae goes off or at least is worth going over on because everyone will be under. Odds are I’ll be batting 500 after tonight on NBA DFS but who knows. Good luck.

I saw the same thing with boggy. I wonder how much ownership he picks up.

• yisman

@bazerko said...

It is becoming more apparent to me that the Hawks got their one win for the series in game one. I don’t think they have the offensive weapons to keep up with Milwaukee in a 7 game series. Last game the Bucks won by 11 and that was with Jrue Holiday only scoring 6 points. I just think the next two games will be wins for Milwaukee by over 10 points.

First of all, the Hawks led most of that game.

Second of all, Trae missed some time in the game and when he came back, he didn’t look 100%.

If you watched that game, it was likely Atlanta wins if not for the injury.

• bazerko

I watched the game, and I don’t think Trae’s injury accounted for them losing by 11. Atlanta doesn’t have the personnel defensively to stop Milwaukee. On top of that, I think Milwaukee’s defense is too good and has the ability to limit Atlanta’s offense. They restricted Trae’s drives to the hoop last game and if he has a bone bruise in his foot, I think he’ll be forced to take a lot of jumpers and 3-pointers. Guys like Bogdanovic and Huerter aren’t going to carry Atlanta to a win. Guys like Capela and Collins score off assists from Trae, and his potential assists were also down last game, meaning their big men couldn’t get involved. If Trae is limited in the slightest tonight, this game will be another double digit win for Milwaukee.

• BiGtIGeRs

@yisman said...

First of all, the Hawks led most of that game.

Second of all, Trae missed some time in the game and when he came back, he didn’t look 100%.

If you watched that game, it was likely Atlanta wins if not for the injury.

You are probably right about hawks winning game 3 if trey doesn’t hurt ankle but the series is over Bucks are not losing at home again

• yisman

@bazerko said...

I watched the game, and I don’t think Trae’s injury accounted for them losing by 11.

You keep saying they lost by 11 as if that means anything. That game was not a Bucks blowout.

Sometimes the score gets inflated after the game is decided by fouling and such.

Again, Atlanta led most of the game and was leading when Trae got hurt. They were also favored to win the game in live betting, over -200 at that point, I believe.

Injury swung the game.

• monarch

What exactly is the extent of Trae’s injury? A bone bruise…is it the top of the foot, bottom? I bruised a bone in the bottom of my foot after running a half marathon. It swelled up like a grapefruit for two weeks, my arch collapsed. I needed a walking boot, three months of physical therapy. It was an overuse injury but if Trae’s is anything like that he will almost certainly be a decoy and runs the risk of season or potentially multi season injury. All that stuff is connected when you start talking about foot injuries.

• WrathofKhaaan

This biggest ?’s today are Trae’s ankle and Boggy’s shot… if they’re good the game will be competitive, if not the Bucks will run away with this one and the series. I am planning for both scenarios.

• WrathofKhaaan

Everyone will be all over Boggy bc optimizers love him today, but I think it may be Huerter who balls out for the Hawks tonight circa the PHI series.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I’m def not playing trae.

The game is going 1 of 2 ways to me.

1. Someone else like bogy or huerter or collins goes off enough to make it a competitive game

2. We get a rerun of game 2

I’m leaning more towards option 1. I think someone not named trae, and the bench of atlanta is enough to not see a massive blowout even with a decoy trae.

• monarch

Just a heads up. Try and not play Bogdan and Collins together. They do not mix. It was no surprise that Gallo and Bogdan came alive with Trae bottled and Collins in foul trouble. Huerter is most positively correlated with Collins while Bogdan is most negatively correlated. Build lineups with Huerter/Collins and capture the correlation and ownership edge.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

You keep saying they lost by 11 as if that means anything. That game was not a Bucks blowout.

Sometimes the score gets inflated after the game is decided by fouling and such.

Again, Atlanta led most of the game and was leading when Trae got hurt. They were also favored to win the game in live betting, over -200 at that point, I believe.

Injury swung the game.

I don’t think the injury swung the game. He left the game with 29.3 seconds left in the third quarter with ATL winning by two. He returned with 8:44 left in the fourth quarter with Atlanta winning by five. So basically he had about his normal rest. Atlanta then proceeded to go up by 7. Then Middleton happened.

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

I don’t think the injury swung the game. He left the game with 29.3 seconds left in the third quarter with ATL winning by two. He returned with 8:44 left in the fourth quarter with Atlanta winning by five. So basically he had about his normal rest. Atlanta then proceeded to go up by 7. Then Middleton happened.

Atlanta was up by 3 when he left, but yes. 85-82 game.

Point is that acting like the Bucks dominated or blew the Hawks out is a complete misrepresentation of the game.

Trae looked hobbled in the 4th, especially when he tried to run.

• jcotdl

based on this thread it sounds like i may be off-base, but i do expect the Bucks to win, Trae to be necessary (for me)to win, and Middleton to pick up where he left off.. i don’t buy that Trae is really that hurt or that the Hawks really had a shot of winning that last game, seemed to me the Bucks were in control even before trae got dinged..
    fwiw- Lue is a much better coach than i realized, but i refuse to acknowledge any opinion of Stephen A on the matter

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).