NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 4 ) at Brooklyn ( -4 ) —- T: 238.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Ended up with some captain DeAndre

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

Ended up with some captain DeAndre

That does really unlock some four star lineups.

• Brendan239

Had to add a KD, Beard, Kyrie LU w no ABC

• monarch

Im too busy at work. Whats the consensus with DAJ….In the rotation, not in the rotation…only play him if he is starting?

• Brendan239

@monarch said...

Im too busy at work. Whats the consensus with DAJ….In the rotation, not in the rotation…only play him if he is starting?

If he’s not starting I’m not playing him. Can’t imagine he gets much fun if he doesn’t start, but he’s done well vs them when he has.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

If he’s not starting I’m not playing him. Can’t imagine he gets much fun if he doesn’t start, but he’s done well vs them when he has.

No, he hasn’t, he has been destroyed.

• JSteele

The most viable captain play in my mind is Middleton or Jrue. The salary allows you to get Giannis, and one of the Brooklyn guys. With a solid rest of the lineup. Anyone who plays a 1-3K captain is a waste, when the top guys go for 60-70. Middleton and Jrue at least has a shot at 50+.

• realphipps

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Claxton get run. He’s all over the place when he’s out there, but much more athletic off the screen than DAJ on the defensive end.

His length, and 6 fouls to give, may come into play tonight, or at some point this upcoming week.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

The most viable captain play in my mind is Middleton or Jrue. The salary allows you to get Giannis, and one of the Brooklyn guys. With a solid rest of the lineup. Anyone who plays a 1-3K captain is a waste, when the top guys go for 60-70. Middleton and Jrue at least has a shot at 50+.

You must not have played last night where 2k people won with Boban CPT lineups.

• monarch

What we do know is the Nets prefer to play KD at center. They also would prefer he not have to defend Giannis so that may be an issue unless they can scheme him or try and steal possessions with Bruce Brown Jr or James Harden defending Giannis. Fascinating series. I do like the Nicholas Claxton suggestion.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Doubt he starts. It will be a losing night for me if he doesn’t see the court

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

What we do know is the Nets prefer to play KD at center. They also would prefer he not have to defend Giannis so that may be an issue unless they can scheme him or try and steal possessions with Bruce Brown Jr or James Harden defending Giannis. Fascinating series. I do like the Nicholas Claxton suggestion.

To me Claxton is the kind of springy, athletic guy that should be playing over DAJ.

I don’t think it is in Brooklyn’s or Milwaukee’s best interest to have Durant or Giannis guarding each other. 1) Durant is long enough, but not strong enough to handle Giannis in the paint. 2) Neither team want’s their stars in foul trouble. ABC and KD would both inevitably get some cheap fouls trying to cover each other for the entire game.

I think Brooklyn is content with KD playing on the outside and getting some cuts to the rack.
    I think Bucks are content with having Giannis and Brook hanging out down low.

• tmarohl

The one guy I have very little interest in is Kyrie.

• monarch

I just know their preferred lineup is Harden, Irving, Harris, Brown Jr and Durant. They closed like that vs Boston a bunch of times. Not sure of the feasibility vs the Bucks though.

• monarch

I have some CPT Kyrie. My favorites might be CPT Bruce Brown Jr

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I just know their preferred lineup is Harden, Irving, Harris, Brown Jr and Durant. They closed like that vs Boston a bunch of times. Not sure of the feasibility vs the Bucks though.

This is what I think they will do, at least for the first game.

• Neilj907

Oops wrong forum

• monarch

Nash is talking about DAJ FWIW

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Nash is talking about DAJ FWIW

Where?

• billythekidcowboysheat

It’s a see how it goes — I think we have a clear understanding or a clear vision of our approach there.”

⁃Steve Nash on DeAndre Jordan having an important role today.

Not a ringing endorsement to me, basically sounds like if there successful playing small they’re going to.

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Not a ringing endorsement to me, basically sounds like if there successful playing small they’re going to.

Battle of the wills. Bucks want to play big, and don’t have the personnel after Donte’s injury to play small. Brooklyn wants to play small and wants the Bucks to follow suit. I think Bucks want to stay big and force them to play a lot of Griffin or DAJ.

• Brendan239

I’m Leaving DAJ in the 1 LU. he leaves $0 min salary and the other one I’m bumping up to Shamet because I had $1k left. I’ll chance 1 w DAJ in case he pops 25 $6.5k. Settled on 9 $7 LUs. Going to dinner with the wife, prob last date night. I got the papers in my office.

GL

• dgballer

@Brendan239 said...

I’m Leaving DAJ in the 1 LU. he leaves $0 min salary and the other one I’m bumping up to Shamet because I had $1k left. I’ll chance 1 w DAJ in case he pops 25 $6.5k. Settled on 9 $7 LUs. Going to dinner with the wife, prob last date night. I got the papers in my office.

GL

Ya OK

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineup note: PJ Tucker expected to start Saturday.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

I think Brooklyn wins this series, and ultimately the NBA championship without too much of a sweat. With that said, Brooklyn really doesn’t have anyone on their roster that can defend Giannis. In that little mini series they had a few weeks ago DAJ started and played, and Giannis schooled him. Even knocked down several threes because he was giving up so much space. If DAJ plays, it will more likely be to bang down low with Lopez and to rebound than to try and cover Giannis.

I think the Bucs can squeeze out a 7 game series win. Call me crazy. The nets defense is porous. Giannis, Jrue, Middleton, and others can give the Nets all they can handle. The pressure is really off the Bucs, they are playing well, great additions of Jrue, Tucker, and Portis, playoff experience, Harden due to play poorly in the playoffs, etc…There is a lot to like about this Bucs team.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).