Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sunday, May 27th
    8:30 PM EST : Boston ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 199.5

Monday, May 28th
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -5.5 ) at Houston ( 5.5 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Only see a single game contest on FD for Sunday’s game

Already got my LU’s set. 6 total

4 with Lebron. 2 of those he’s in the MVP, and 2 he’s the STAR.

2 without Lebron (Rozier as MVP)

I hope they add some 2 game slates with late swap. They did it last year.

• jfitzgan

Based on size of gpp’s duel is offering, it doesn’t look like they’ll be offering 2 game slate. Hope I’m wrong. Not a fan of what they are offering.

• scott33

I might have to finally break down & open a DK account, sucks what FD is doing. Not a fan of this format at all

• fightingjohn

Yea why wouldn’t you offer a 2 game slate? Are they getting that lazy now. They really need to re-think what they are offering to their customers. But all they see the dollar and as long as we enter these contests, they are going to keep putting them out.

• jfitzgan

I normally play $20-$40 every day. Not doing it with their current format. It sucks cause I love hoops. Maybe they’ll offer it tomorrow.

• Theguy49503

DK is only offering the Showdown as of now, Not sure why they have made it a two day, two game slate

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

This will be a very bad sign if the 1 game Showdown becomes the dominant contest here over the 2 day, 2 game slate. It pretty much will mean you can expect the same thing when it comes to Sunday night and Monday night football. This is a VERY bad direction that DFS is going.

• BUFUu2

Yea I really hope they bring in the 2 game slate I am not a fan of nba showdown at all I do like it for mlb but not nba… I didn’t mind the beta version of king of the court I liked it over there showdown… If they don’t introduce it or bring in the king of court it will look like ill save my good amount of money and be done with nba for the year.

• jfitzgan

There was a thread that was supposed to allow us to communicate with a fan duel rep. It was up for a bit but locked. Now I don’t see it anymore.

• tmarohl

I asked FD support last night if they would be offering two game slates for the Eastern/Western Conference. They said they were not sure as of yet. Said to keep an eye on the lobby.

• jfitzgan

Not sure yet, huh? Shrewd businessmen they are.

• BerkeleyBoss

Just want to add to this thread by saying that I too would play a lot less if all they offered were 1 game Showdown/Boost slates. Probably something like $50 as opposed to $150 per slate.

• sox9

Any chance the cut moves to Even?

• tmarohl

I just sent FD another support ticket asking for 2 game NBA slates. Maybe if a couple more of you do that they will offer one.

• mike42

I played showdown for the first time on Wed and found it amusing how bad I did. I doubt they do a 2 game slate. We need more competition in the industry than 2 main sites. They are basically like how cable companies used to be- We will be there sometime between 2am-11pm. If you wanted cable, you had to wait. If you want to play DFS, you have two choices that are very similar outside of the kicking game.

• tmarohl

@mike42 said...

I played showdown for the first time on Wed and found it amusing how bad I did. I doubt they do a 2 game slate. We need more competition in the industry than 2 main sites. They are basically like how cable companies used to be- We will be there sometime between 2am-11pm. If you wanted cable, you had to wait. If you want to play DFS, you have two choices that are very similar outside of the kicking game.

They had a small 25K GPP on two separate days last week with late swap.
    Last year they had decent size two day slate GPP’s in the finals.
    These stupid one game slates are not something that excites me. I have won a couple and tied with like 2500 other people.

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Just want to add to this thread by saying that I too would play a lot less if all they offered were 1 game Showdown/Boost slates. Probably something like $50 as opposed to $150 per slate.

I will also play less, maybe not at all, if this awful single-game Boost is all FD offers for the Conference Finals. Making the MVP 2x and adding a Star spot for 1.5x and a Pro spot for 1.2x amounts to putting lipstick on a pig, IMO. It’s still a 5-man roster that will probably still result in lots of ties that will reduce the payouts for everyone. Give me the full 9-man roster with four teams to pick from, keeping the challenge of weighing which stars to choose and finding value plays to fit them in. If FD insists on trying to force me to play this inferior format, then I will only play the GS/HOU games or not play at all. I’ll be pretty pissed off if I can’t play DFS for the Conference Finals because FD wants to force this single-game format on me. Get it together, FD, or you’re going to end up with a lot of dissatisfied customers on your hands.

• Yahchanan

I don’t know how many people actually use rotogrinders but it looks like we’re going to have to boycott The Showdown. If we can’t get enough people to stand against this travesty one day nonsense than they’re moving forward.
    Hunter (DraftKings)

May 11, 5:28 PM EDT

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are not planning on running any 2-game slates. As you are a valued customer, we truly appreciate your input. We apologize for the frustration this has caused. We will take this into consideration moving forward.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tmarohl said...

They had a small 25K GPP on two separate days last week with late swap.
    Last year they had decent size two day slate GPP’s in the finals.
    These stupid one game slates are not something that excites me. I have won a couple and tied with like 2500 other people.

If I recall correctly, FD had 2 day slates for every game last year. Games would be both the 2nd game of a 2 day slate and the 1st game of a new 2 game slate. It was actually pretty interesting, as you could see which players went up in price and which players went down.

• tmarohl

@Yahchanan said...

I don’t know how many people actually use rotogrinders but it looks like we’re going to have to boycott The Showdown. If we can’t get enough people to stand against this travesty one day nonsense than they’re moving forward.
    Hunter (DraftKings)

May 11, 5:28 PM EDT

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are not planning on running any 2-game slates. As you are a valued customer, we truly appreciate your input. We apologize for the frustration this has caused. We will take this into consideration moving forward.

I don’t plan on playing

• tmarohl

May 11, 6:40 PM EDT

Hi Todd,

Thanks for reaching out to us and taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Best,

DraftKings Player Advocate

Earn rewards for completing daily MLB tasks and season achievements. Check out Big League Achievements here! https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2018-big-league-achievements

tmarohl

May 11, 6:37 PM EDT

I have heard you will not be having two game slates for the NBA finals. If that is true I am very sad and will not be playing again until next year. Many of us do not like playing the showdown games.

User Context Data:
    Visitor ID: 213120871
    Session ID: 4121931892
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.170 Safari/537.36

• tmarohl

Latest Fanduel Response

Todd,

We do expect our team to release a two-day, two-game slate over the weekend. Keep an eye out for these.

If there is anything more I can help you with don’t hesitate to reach back out.

Best,
    #####

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Latest Fanduel Response

Todd,

We do expect our team to release a two-day, two-game slate over the weekend. Keep an eye out for these.

If there is anything more I can help you with don’t hesitate to reach back out.

Best,
    #####

Great news! Thanks for pestering them on our behalf, tmarohl.

• BerkeleyBoss

FD has a 2 day slate up! Contests are pretty small, so might want to reserve spots now.

• tmarohl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

FD has a 2 day slate up! Contests are pretty small, so might want to reserve spots now.

I just saw that. 15K contest with 3700 entries. I just reserved 10

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).