Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM EST : Orlando ( 6 ) at Philadelphia ( -6 ) —- T: 211.5
    7:05 PM EST : New York ( 6.5 ) at Washington ( -6.5 ) —- T: 221
    7:35 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: —
    10:05 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• FAMOF665

Never done preseason NBA before. Decided instead of entering single game slate for NFL tonight to throw some lineups in to the $5 on FD. Am I wrong in guessing that stars don’t get full burn yet to limit the risk of injury? I have some crazy lineups that have over 10K left on the table and wondered how far off base I am. Only one team playing tonight has played a preseason game this year, so I also went off who got run and did well in summer league and wondered if this is a mistake. Thanks for the help and good luck to all

• upgradetoquestionable

@FAMOF665 said...

Never done preseason NBA before. Decided instead of entering single game slate for NFL tonight to throw some lineups in to the $5 on FD. Am I wrong in guessing that stars don’t get full burn yet to limit the risk of injury? I have some crazy lineups that have over 10K left on the table and wondered how far off base I am. Only one team playing tonight has played a preseason game this year, so I also went off who got run and did well in summer league and wondered if this is a mistake. Thanks for the help and good luck to all

I’m certainly no preseason (or regular season to be honest) expert but I think your thinking is correct. No reason to pay up for anyone really as I think everyone is probably capped minutes wise. I’m looking at guys (Julius Randle, Markelle Fultz) that are high energy guys that can fill multiple stat categories. Mix in a few rookies, new acquisitions and see what happens. First build had quite a bit of salary left over. I think that’s to be expected.

• kbsktbll88

@FAMOF665 said...

Preseason is basically just getting vets back into it and giving young guys who are fighting for contracts or minutes in the rotation a chance. So limited minutes for starters usually, but they’ll increase some as the preseason goes on to get ready for the regular season. Your best bet is to keep an eye on Twitter and beat reporters for updates regarding minutes and players who are sitting out.

• al3b3d3v

the key to preseasons success is playing the right starters with the right bench guys who will see 3rd and 4th quarter run and put you into the top 1%. go throught the last 2 nights to see the successful lineups, Kyrie, Davis, Portis, Whiteside, Jru Holiday, Parker 6 starters, Then Morris, Hart, Bridges, 3 punts = win on FD. There is more risk involved in preseason as minutes are not guaranteed. GL, lets smash, tired of NFL already.

• heyarnold1212

Lloyd Pierce will presumably use a number of players tonight.

“You won’t see four quarters from anybody.”

Still interested in TY and Collins but that’s about it.

• al3b3d3v

Looking at Trae Young to eat tonight alsong side collins

• upgradetoquestionable

@al3b3d3v said...

Looking at Trae Young to eat tonight alsong side collins

Just not a fan of his game. Worried he’s very scoring dependent, and summer league proved if his shot’s off, it’s off.

Bulls fan here and was worried he’d end up on Chicago pre draft. Surprised he went as high as he did. Could be way wrong but I think the spectre of Doncic may haunt Atlanta for a while.

• FAMOF665

Thanks for the replies all glad to see I wasn’t too far off in what to expect, Though it seems I need to add some starters in a spot or two.

• al3b3d3v

@upgradetoquestionable said...

a

I have very great expectations of Doncic, sure he will hit a rookie wall at some point, but the kid is a stud and I am drafting him everywhere.

• circadudexl

Who is everyone liking at PF other than randle and Collins? Any love for Mr. Glass or rookies

• KindGuy

Making my 2018 Preseason NBA DFS debut today. Would be great to start off October with a bang!

My FD bankroll is only $1 thanks to a free roll cash in NFL yesterday. I was disappointed in the $0 – $1 offerings though. I think the biggest GPP at the $1 level was a $250 GPP? Yuck. 4 entries into the $0.25 “Fadeaway” it is…

• ASalvaro

i wonder how New Orleans playing back to back will affect minutes

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ASalvaro said...

i wonder how New Orleans playing back to back will affect minutes

My hunch is AD sits, but I really don’t know. Frank Jackson will probably play less or not all from what I understand, as they’re trying to be gentle with him. I know Okafor and Mirotic are already out. If AD happens to sit Randle and on the cheaper end Diallo would be pretty nice plays. I’m still expecting Payton to get a good amount of run.

• Dfspacman

Are rookies going to get enough time? Thinking Trae Young, Bagley and Kevin Knox ..

• circadudexl

Why is Beal at PG on FD?!

• KindGuy

@circadudexl said...

PG pool is very small so FD tried to balance it out. That’s the problem with FD’s roster construction. Lack of multi position eligibility and/or a Flex spot really hurts the product in my opinion. It’s not an NBA specific thing. It’s for every sport that FD offers.

• Alvy76

Any word on Ayton for the suns??

• ripking

Should we bazemore or bazeless?

• Tballer

@Alvy76 said...

Any word on Ayton for the suns??

I’m playing a lot of him

• al3b3d3v

@circadudexl said...

to increase variance

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Making my 2018 Preseason NBA DFS debut today. Would be great to start off October with a bang!

My FD bankroll is only $1 thanks to a free roll cash in NFL yesterday. I was disappointed in the $0 – $1 offerings though. I think the biggest GPP at the $1 level was a $250 GPP? Yuck. 4 entries into the $0.25 “Fadeaway” it is…

Do 4 25 cent satty’s to the Sunday Million, and hope you hit.

• KindGuy

@tmarohl said...

do 4 25 cent satty’s to the Sunday Million, and hope you hit.

I’m a degen and can’t wait. I also don’t particularly love NFL DFS.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

I’m a degen and can’t wait. I also don’t particularly love NFL DFS.

No offense, but playing a dollar and some free rolls hardly makes you a degen :)

• ASalvaro

a degen is somebody who is up at 3am betting Korea and China soccer parlays :)

• damionismyname

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

@ASalvaro said...

a degen is somebody who is up at 3am betting Korea and China soccer parlays :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).