• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit at Toronto
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago at Cleveland
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando at San Antonio
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City at Denver
    10:30 PM EST : Utah at LA Lakers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

I think my favorite play at the moment is Millsap

• frugal

@shariik said...

What you guys think of Kuzma tonight?

My general rule of thumb is to never play Jazz opponents, but someone has to score on them.

• cjrswish

Am I crazy for starting every LU with the Thunders big 3? should play good minutes and still have enough $ left over to fill out good lineups. Seems too obvious. Must be a catch.

• Gasou4389

@Cowboysfan93 said...

Can Westbrook hit even 4x tonight? I see potential for 3x but no upside ceiling with limited minutes and decreased usage rate.

I think you need to look at it in terms of pure points not X value like the regular season. If the goal is 30+ per player, that is 3X for Westbrook and you are good. The tighter the pricing, the more X value matters. Normally, pricing is pretty loose in the preseason. That being said, pricing does seem a little tighter tonight than the rest of the preseason.

• ripking

Any idea how many minutes Burke’s get
    For Utah?

• Cowboysfan93

@shariik said...

What you guys think of Kuzma tonight?

I absolutely am on Kuzma, ceiling is unreal for GPPs

• mattyice522

@Cowboysfan93 said...

I absolutely am on Kuzma, ceiling is unreal for GPPs

slow pace, vs good d jazz, and gobert down low? I like him but not all in territory for me

• futoo

kuzma isnt starting though right..wouldnt see much gobert d

• frugal

@futoo said...

kuzma isnt starting though right..wouldnt see much gobert d

Jazz are holding preseason opponents to 91.3 PPG, tied for for second lowest with the Rockets (Grizz holding teams to the lowest). Like I said, someone will put up some points against the Jazz, Kuzma could absolutely go off as he’s 6th in PPG this preseason. Just tough to target the Jazz.

• cjrswish

Just read D Rose will be playing pg with the starters and 2nd unit. He might be a lock in all my LUs tonight.

• Gasou4389

@frugal said...

Jazz are holding preseason opponents to 91.3 PPG, tied for for second lowest with the Rockets (Grizz holding teams to the lowest). Like I said, someone will put up some points against the Jazz, Kuzma could absolutely go off as he’s 6th in PPG this preseason. Just tough to target the Jazz.

Lakers have a 104 projected total from Vegas for what it’s worth

• frugal

@Gasou4389 said...

Lakers have a 104 projected total from Vegas for what it’s worth

Yeah…actually with the Jazz playing 2 games vs international teams, those numbers hold much less weight. Suns put up 101 and 102 so I imagine the Lakers could put up similar numbers.

• futoo

@cjrswish said...

Just read D Rose will be playing pg with the starters and 2nd unit. He might be a lock in all my LUs tonight.

where did you see that sir

• cjrswish

@futoo said...

where did you see that sir

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/cavs/cavaliers-notebook-slated-to-play-tuesday-lebron-james-concerned-about-ankle-injury-lingering#.WdzGI-mhuAw.twitter

near the end of the article

• frugal

@cjrswish said...

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/cavs/cavaliers-notebook-slated-to-play-tuesday-lebron-james-concerned-about-ankle-injury-lingering#.WdzGI-mhuAw.twitter

Well…that’s their plan this season. Will they be starting regular starters and running full minutes tonight?

• mikemageephoto

That’s for the season, not for tonight.

• usna1993

@cjrswish said...

I read that as that is how they are planning to run the regular season rotation – not this particular preseason game

• cjrswish

@frugal said...

Well…that’s their plan this season. Will they be starting regular starters and running full minutes tonight?

Why wouldn’t you want to give Rose some opportunity to do that in these last two preseason games? I’m thinking Lebron and Wade play 20-25 Mins tonight and the rest of the starters and second unit get around 30.

• futoo

Coach Tyronn Lue conceded that James looked “a little tired,” but said he pushed the Cavs in practice to improve their conditioning.

“He went hard and pushed through it,” Lue said of James. “You miss six, seven or eight days where you have to be off your feet, it’s tough. We tried to play a lot today just so they can try to get their wind back.

“Tomorrow we’ll play more minutes and see how they feel.”

seems good for cavs minutes

• Lathum

Anyone gambling on LeBron tonight? I’m hoping ownership is lower due to first game back, etc…

• ouijacom

Real question is do you run westbrook or not westbrook

• frugal

@ouijacom said...

I’ve got about 30% exposure, if Paul and/or Melo was sitting I’d be 100% exposure.

• cjrswish

@ouijacom said...

How do you NOT run Westbrook on this slate? Thats like not running Harden last night??

• ouijacom

good point

• ouijacom

@cjrswish said...

How do you NOT run Westbrook on this slate? Thats like not running Harden last night??

Lebron james on that same notion?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).