• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit at Toronto
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago at Cleveland
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando at San Antonio
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City at Denver
    10:30 PM EST : Utah at LA Lakers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• stats99tuff

@sonic999 said...

Makes sense but they have 82 games to build up chemistry. Lebron’s teams the last 5 years or so are never in a hurry. All about May and June.

Yea but they have yet to play together as a full unit, With a game against the celtics next tuesday….

• cjrswish

@ouijacom said...

Lebron james on that same notion?

Gimpy Lebron most likely on a minutes restriction in a game that Vegas has them crushing? Thats not a must play. Westbrook in a high total close spread and no other top option is obvious play. Hell be 70% and he should be

• futoo

thoughts on spurs? aldridge,mills?

• frugal

@cjrswish said...

How do you NOT run Westbrook on this slate? Thats like not running Harden last night??

No, very different. Last night Paul was out so Harden was running point and got increased usage and played more than expected minutes. With George and Melo the usage won’t be quite as concentrated. Last preseason game vs Melborne United, starters pretty much played full minutes with Westbrook playing slightly less than both Melo and George (who played a whooping 39) and also taking fewer shot attempts than either. I’ll have some exposure, but I’m paying up to stuff as many higher dollar forwards/centers I can fit tonight.

• ASalvaro

Anybody know if DK will have an NBA pick em when the season starts?..the NHL and NFL one is great

• cjrswish

@frugal said...

No, very different. Last night Paul was out so Harden was running point and got increased usage and played more than expected minutes. With George and Melo the usage won’t be quite as concentrated. Last preseason game vs Melborne United, starters pretty much played full minutes with Westbrook playing slightly less than both Melo and George (who played a whooping 39) and also taking fewer shot attempts than either. I’ll have some exposure, but I’m paying up to stuff as many higher dollar forwards/centers I can fit tonight.

You’re 100% right. Harden was a must play with no Paul. But no way on Earth im fading or going underweight on westbrook on a slate where there is no other clear top option. stuff as many mid priced guys as you want. Westbrook is the only guy on this slate with the potential to do what Harden did last night. Plus its the preseason. Value plays will outscore regular season starters. Stars and scrubs is what gets it done. Look at last nights winning lineups. Rozier and Olynyk were huge

• Youngbandit09

@futoo said...

thoughts on spurs? aldridge,mills?

I Like Aldridge tonight.

• frugal

@cjrswish said...

You’re 100% right. Harden was a must play with no Paul. But no way on Earth im fading or going underweight on westbrook on a slate where there is no other clear top option. stuff as many mid priced guys as you want. Westbrook is the only guy on this slate with the potential to do what Harden did last night. Plus its the preseason. Value plays will outscore regular season starters. Stars and scrubs is what gets it done. Look at last nights winning lineups. Rozier and Olynyk were huge

Oh, I agree on the potential and also on the studs and scrubs approach to preseason in general. I’m going underweight as the usage is going to be much more spread out. Last year Westbrook averaged 24 FGA, last night Harden took 21. I just don’t see him Westbrook getting that many attempts next to George and Melo and having them will both will probably limit Westbrook’s rebounding as well. Anytime 1 of those other guys sits this season I will be 100% Westbrook.

• cjrswish

@frugal said...

Oh, I agree on the potential and also on the studs and scrubs approach to preseason in general. I’m going underweight as the usage is going to be much more spread out. Last year Westbrook averaged 24 FGA, last night Harden took 21. I just don’t see him Westbrook getting that many attempts next to George and Melo and having them will both will probably limit Westbrook’s rebounding as well. Anytime 1 of those other guys sits this season I will be 100% Westbrook.

I agree regular season I’ll probably underweight on Russ too. But tonight? I’m all in. Its too easy to fit him with PG or Melo. Or both.

• frugal

@cjrswish said...

I agree regular season I’ll probably underweight on Russ too. But tonight? I’m all in. Its too easy to fit him with PG or Melo. Or both.

Yep, 1 of my Westbrook lineups has all 3 as well.

• cjrswish

@frugal said...

Yep, 1 of my Westbrook lineups has all 3 as well.

The real question is who to take from Denver in a game stack lol. So many options on their side.

• Neilj907

Any thoughts on frye or Thompson for a cheap big guy

• cjrswish

@Neilj907 said...

Any thoughts on frye or Thompson for a cheap big guy

Id go Thompson over Frye but not rostering either. Pay up for a big tonight. Gobert, Jokic, Love, Millsap, etc. too many good options to pay down

• winnerchickendinner

You have to have guys with a high ceiling at all positions to win a gpp. Do not get cute.

• tyetwo42

All in on Drummond!!

• Youngbandit09

@tyetwo42 said...

All in on Drummond!!

Hes playing?

• tyetwo42

Yes. He and Reggie Jackson are starting along with Tobias, Kennard, and Stanley Johnson

• LarryLegend33

@cjrswish said...

Why wouldn’t you want to give Rose some opportunity to do that in these last two preseason games? I’m thinking Lebron and Wade play 20-25 Mins tonight and the rest of the starters and second unit get around 30.

And if they go to double overtime, there will be enough minutes to go around and make that happen.

• Neilj907

What kinda point guards are in play tonight if I fade Westbrook, right now I’m using elf and mitchell

• YourWorld

@cjrswish said...

How do you NOT run Westbrook on this slate? Thats like not running Harden last night??

Very true

• LarryLegend33

@Neilj907 said...

What kinda point guards are in play tonight if I fade Westbrook, right now I’m using elf and mitchell

I like Holiday more than Mitchell.

• monarch

Drummond/Rubio or Love/Randle Dk cash?

• LarryLegend33

@LarryLegend33 said...

I like Holiday more than Mitchell.

Nevermind. Thought he was listed as PG/SG not SG/SF.

• Neilj907

Ok so who ya think elf, Reggie, love or westbrook holiday nance

• futoo

2nd one

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).