• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM EST : Minnesota at Indiana ( -4 ) — T: 220.5
    7:05 PM EST : Detroit at Philadelphia ( -2.5 ) — T: 219
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( -5.5 ) at Cleveland — T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

All game numbers include tonight’s games..

Minnesota has 2 games left, both on the road.
    This is the Pacers last preseason game.
    Pistons have 2 preseason games left. Both on the road with their last being tomorrow.
    The Sixers have 2 preseason games left. Both of them at home.
    This is the Celtics last preseason game.
    This is the Cavs last preseason game.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Tatum, Langford, Wanamaker out. Celtics will sit other regulars.

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1183784461680463873?s=20

Kevin Love rested last game, but no word if he’s playing tonight. Celtics main rotation pieces played in the high 20’s two games ago and low to mid 20’d last game. No idea what to expect tonight yet.

Wolves starters have yet to really be pushed into the high 20’s from what I can see. With only 1 other game left, I would expect there’s a great chance that happens tonight.

Pacers info…

https://twitter.com/ScottAgness/status/1183796400057966592?s=20

Pistons main pieces have been pushing mid 20’s minutes all preseason other than Blake resting last game. I’d assume with 2 games left and it being a B2B, one of these games they get pushed to upper 20’s and one they take it easy. Hopefully we find out which is which before tip.

Simmons, Horford, Ennis OUT.

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1183879169320673280?s=20

• JSteele

Thanks Panda

• Ace15

I hate preseason so much. Will play Towns in a couple LU’s and just wait for next week .

• thedkexperience

Here is my first 76ers related homer note. Matisse Thybulle is gonna be in the regular season top 8-9 rotation. All reports say that he is a killer on D in camp and will, unsurprisingly, be in a strict 3 and D Bob Covington type role from the jump.

Zaire Smith will be the biggest loser in this situation. I expect they will need an injury before he receives more than a handful of minutes.

This is regular season info. Not sure how applicable it is for today.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

Here is my first 76ers related homer note. Matisse Thybulle is gonna be in the regular season top 8-9 rotation. All reports say that he is a killer on D in camp and will, unsurprisingly, be in a strict 3 and D Bob Covington type role from the jump.

Zaire Smith will be the biggest loser in this situation. I expect they will need an injury before he receives more than a handful of minutes.

This is regular season info. Not sure how applicable it is for today.

Be very, very careful comparing anyone to Covington around these parts.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele- No problem

@Ace- Got caught up with other things last night and didn’t end up playing the slate. Based on what I read here it’s a good thing I didn’t. Would have had JJJ and Jokic everywhere. Sounds like they bombed, among other pieces I would have had that I read people tilting over. Playing tonight though.

• thedkexperience

Normal Sixers Rotation

Embiid – In
    Horford – Out
    Tobias – In
    JRich – In
    Simmons – Out

Hard to say who the “6-man” is right now as they might just hockey shift for a few months.

Thybulle – In
    Quinn – In
    Ennis – Out
    Scott – In

The back up guard situation is something I wouldn’t touch but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Zhaire Smith move into the back up rotation for 20 minutes tonight.

I think Thybulle, O’Quinn and Scott probably have the biggest fantasy bumps today. I’d be surprised if Embiid got more than 20-24 minutes.

Without looking at price this smells of a JRich high usage game to me.

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Be very, very careful comparing anyone to Covington around these parts.

For my money he’s the better than Kevin Du… Kevin Duckworth.

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

@JSteele- No problem

@Ace- Got caught up with other things last night and didn’t end up playing the slate. Based on what I read here it’s a good thing I didn’t. Would have had JJJ and Jokic everyone. Sounds like they bombed, among other pieces I would have had that I read people tilting over. Playing tonight though.

It was yet another weird night. I got 6th out of 20 in a 5050 with both JJJ and Jokic.

Like I said in the thread from yesterday I think I just need to play NBA cash games.

• Ace15

@thedkexperience said...

It was yet another weird night. I got 6th out of 20 in a 5050 with both JJJ and Jokic.

Like I said in the thread from yesterday I think I just need to play NBA cash games.

Lol, I can’t get excited over cash games lol even though i think i’d be okay at it. Prefer the sweat or tilt lol.

@panda – You dodged a bullet last night, was very tilting.

• thedkexperience

@Ace15 said...

Lol, I can’t get excited over cash games lol even though i think i’d be okay at it. Prefer the sweat or tilt lol.

@panda – You dodged a bullet last night, was very tilting.

I’ve had a great run playing NFL cash this year and basically broken even on GPPs. Up until week 2 of this year I was a strict GPP only player because in the past I had awful luck in picking H2Hs or simply getting too cute.

Then I discovered the glory of the single entry 5050, especially the 100 man one. I’m on a 17-3 run now in football with my 3 losses all being when I got 51st place one week. So I started dabbling in NBA cash … and have been winning regularly while missing the GPP line by a handful of points each time.

So, yeah, I guess winning a million is out for me any time soon, but I really enjoy having a mediocre night and then noticing I still won $20, $50, or $100 each night. lol

• JSteele

I’m assuming that the Celtics will rest regulars, so Kemba, Jaylen, Smart, and Kanter when I say this, but Carsen Edwards seems like the play in a weak PG field today. He should be the focus on offence in this situation. However, he doesn’t get many peripherals.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

So with the Pacers starters, on DK they’re pretty cheap outside of Turner. The Wolves are a good match up overall as well, but I’m going to guess that there will be better options with more upside since they’re not expected to see the 2nd half.

Sumner is supposed to be out, which should leave a lot of minutes for Aaron Holiday and TJ. So they’re both heavy on my radar with Holiday probably having more upside.

At forward/center, Leaf is Questionable and if he’s out that’ll open things up even more for Justin Holiday, McDermott, and Johnson.With Goga also making his preseason debut. It’s hard to imagine McDermott having much upside. Since this is Goga’s debut it’s also hard to imagine him playing more than 12-15 minutes. I think J. Holiday (has he recovered from those Memphis blues?) or Johnson are our best options. IF Leaf suits up and with them wanting to get Goga minutes it might be hard for anyone to get enough time to really pay off.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/78468279

Link to the DK $1 Forum Contest I created for anyone who wants to participate that isnt already in that League.

And here is the link to League if you dont want to play tonight but will want to this season

https://dkn.gs/r/JpsAInpsWU-cDmNJW6k51w

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Just a hunch, but the Wolves still haven’t really pushed their starters yet. With this being their 2nd to last preseason game, I think tonight may be it. They’re priced up a bit on DK, but there seems to be enough cheap options on this slate that getting to KAT or even Wiggins shouldn’t be an issue. Throw in the bonus that they’ll be playing against the Pacers reserves in the 2nd half I’m thinking could be a nice spot for high floor/ceiling guys.

• mtdurham

Lebron has just gotten more and more annoying as the years go by. Officially no longer a fan. I wish hed just shut up and dribble.

2 years ago we lost the all star game because it was an outrage that we passed a law stating grown men shouldnt be able to use womens restrooms. Now he supports communism. Same guy called our president a bum… if I didn’t love the NBA I’d probably stop watching it. I cant stand their crap much longer.

They’ve officially lost the moral authority to speak out about anything after this one.

Tack on that I don’t like Anthony Davis or the Lakers and I’m just done. I hope space jam 2 flops, the Lakers miss the playoffs, and taco Tuesdays disappear.

God I cant wait for NBA DFS!!!!

• monarch

LBJ not on the slate

• thedkexperience

@mtdurham said...

Lebron has just gotten more and more annoying as the years go by. Officially no longer a fan. I wish hed just shut up and dribble.

2 years ago we lost the all star game because he wanted men to be able to use womens restrooms. Now he supports communism. Same guy called our president a bum… if I didn’t love the NBA I’d probably stop watching it. I cant stand their crap much longer.

They’ve officially lost the moral authority to speak out about anything after this one

Please take your non-relevant opinions somewhere else.

• JustDFSin

@mtdurham said...

2 years ago we lost the all star game because he wanted men to be able to use womens restrooms. Now he supports communism. Same guy called our president a bum… if I didn’t love the NBA I’d probably stop watching it. I cant stand their crap much longer.

They’ve officially lost the moral authority to speak out about anything after this one

Its none of Americas business

• Wooden_Bones

@mtdurham said...

2 years ago we lost the all star game because it was an outrage that we passed a law stating grown men shouldnt be able to use womens restrooms. Now he supports communism. Same guy called our president a bum… if I didn’t love the NBA I’d probably stop watching it. I cant stand their crap much longer.

They’ve officially lost the moral authority to speak out about anything after this one.

Tack on that I don’t like Anthony Davis or the Lakers and I’m just done. I hope space jam 2 flops, the Lakers miss the playoffs, and taco Tuesdays disappear.

God I cant wait for NBA DFS!!!!

This comment works better in the NBA offseason thread. Please, let’s not bite on this everybody. Look away!

• JSteele

Cavs being at home and their last preseason, I’d expect starters to get closer to 30 minutes. However, Boston is good defensively, so i’m not sure who, if any I’d want a piece of

• kbsktbll88

@JSteele said...

Cavs being at home and their last preseason, I’d expect starters to get closer to 30 minutes. However, Boston is good defensively, so i’m not sure who, if any I’d want a piece of

Most of the normal Boston players are out though…

gary washburn @GwashburnGlobe
    11s

Tatum, Kanter, Smart, Brown, Hayward, Smart and Theis were all left back in Boston. #Celtics #Cavaliers.

• Wooden_Bones

With IND only playing starters one half, and BOS spreading out the minutes during the preseason I can’t see playing anyone from those teams over PHI, MIN, or DET. Of course, news could change at any point, but this seems like the safest route as of now.

• tmarohl

@thedkexperience said...

Please take your non-relevant opinions somewhere else.

It’s relevant to me as a Lebron hater :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.