• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 Memphis at Philadelphia
    7:05 Charlotte at Detroit
    7:05 Atlanta at Cleveland
    8:05 Indiana at Milwaukee
    8:35 Chicago at Dallas
    10:05 Denver at LA Lakers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@moped_jones said...

How do you think Covington will be this year? I think he’s a pretty underrated player but I feel like he might get lost in the schuffle with Fultz, Simmons, Embiid (and even Saric) on the team. Is Convington even a starter still?

I might be biased b/c both times I won decent amounts of money he was low owned and in my LU’s.

Covington has been named the starter. He works better as a 5th offensive option than Dario would. They will both get around 30 minutes a game in the regular season with Dario having the higher floor as the better rebounder and passer and Cov being more dependant on if his 3 falls.

For DFS I usually avoid Cov and play Dario when the price is right. As for real life both will play a big role and Cov is looking at an extension as early as November 15th. I would expect him to be a long term member of the team unless he is usurped by a superduperstar next summer.

Assuming health and a full compliment here is their every day lineup. Please note that Simmons is the 1 on O and the 4 on D.

Simmons 1/4
    Fultz 2/1
    JJ 3/2
    Cov 4/3
    Embiid 5/5

Assume that all but Embiid get 30 minutes and JoJo to be about 25 to 28 for a while.

The bench is set that Dario will get near 30 with Amir and Bayless likely to get the first crack at top 8 minutes. TJ, and Holmes will be in competition with them.

The big variable is Vegan Jah. He’s borderline skinny now so it’s anyones guess how that’ll work out.

Furkan has a chance but should be the in the G League for a season.

Anderson, Stauskas, TLC and anyone I missed can be safely disregarded until minutes become available.

As for tonight Amir and TLC have also been ruled out per Liberty Ballers.

• thedkexperience

@jessedio said...

Awesome! Seems like Simmons and Fultz are lock and load plays barring any late news before lock.

I like Fultz long term a lot, but just so we are clear, in terms of their development right now it’s Simmons >>>>>>>>> Fultz.

If you haven’t seen Simmons in the last 6 months your brain is about to explode.

• thedkexperience

@LarryLegend33 said...

Last season, here were the starters’ average minutes for pre-season games

1: 17.6 minutes
    2. 20.4 minutes
    3. 17.0 minutes
    4. 19.4 minutes
    5. 19.2 minutes
    6. 21.8 minutes
    7. 19.9 minutes

Proceed at your own risk, but don’t count on anyone getting more than 20 minutes. Could happen, especially for the front court guys due to injuries. Simmons may still be worth it. I doubt Fultz will be.

Most everyone will get 20. Simmons is the one guy who is likely to get 25.

Maybe I’m the oddball but “starters minutes” in the preseason to me is anything 20 or more.

I mostly just want to avoid paying for someone who will get 12 minutes.

Edit: they also only have 3 preseason games and have to integrate about a half dozen new rotation players.

• moped_jones

@thedkexperience said...

TJ, and Holmes will be in competition with them.

Good to know. Thanks!

I like TJ too. I feel like he’s going to get lost in the shuffle as well.

• thedkexperience

@moped_jones said...

Good to know. Thanks!

I like TJ too. I feel like he’s going to get lost in the shuffle as well.

Somewhere in December or January a GPP will be won by a team spot starting TJ.

It’s purely a minutes crunch at this point but TJ knows the deal. Unsurprisingly he scored the last 4 points for his squad in regulation of the scrimmage.

• FidelCashflow

@thedkexperience said...

I like Fultz long term a lot, but just so we are clear, in terms of their development right not it’s Simmons >>>>>>>>> Fultz.

If you haven’t seen Simmons in the last 6 months your brain is about to explode.

Figure they’d want to see their #1pick get some mins though but I’m running multiple lines just incase it’s a situation like DSJ from Mon where he played 12 mins.

• thedkexperience

@FidelCashflow said...

Figure they’d want to see their #1pick get some mins though but I’m running multiple lines just incase it’s a situation like DSJ from Mon where he played 12 mins.

I’m actually waffling between DSJ and Fultz myself.

Meanwhile I kind of think TJ might outscore them both but I could be WILDLY wrong about that one.

• moped_jones

@thedkexperience said...

Somewhere in December or January a GPP will be won by a team spot starting TJ.

It’s purely a minutes crunch at this point but TJ knows the deal. Unsurprisingly he scored the last 4 points for his squad in regulation of the scrimmage.

I had him last year in the game he nearly got the triple double and the 17 assist game and won some decent money both those nights. Just a real solid player. I feel bad that he lost his starting job, but I am curious to see how this Sixers team does this season. They essentially got two #1 overall picks this year.

• tmarohl

@stats99tuff said...

Ben Simmons is a free square, CLE is tricky… No Thomas or Lebron… Kevin Love could be a good play…. Don’t know about how much time LUE will run Rose and Love especially with their history of injuries.

Edit: Simmons and Fultz should be good for 76ers

Not sold on Simmons since he hasn’t played in a year.

• Syzltuth

Any thoughts for C? I have love at the moment but not sure how much run he’ll get tonight.

• LarryLegend33

@thedkexperience said...

Most everyone will get 20. Simmons is the one guy who is likely to get 25.

Maybe I’m the oddball but “starters minutes” in the preseason to me is anything 20 or more.

Not when there are teams that are playing guys 30 minutes and teams that are playing tonight that are on their 3rd pre-season game, not their first. You need to decide, Is 20 minutes of Fultz better than 30 minutes of a guy like Randle? Do the Sixers go slow with Simmons in his first game?

I do tend to agree that SImmons is likely to get 20-25 minutes and he isn’t cheap for a rookie. The slate is helped by the fact that like 7 of the top 10 more expensive guys aren’t playing tonight. I will probably roster him in at least some line-ups because he can light up a scoreboard, but the 76ers limit starters minutes throughout preseason more than anyone. Boogie and AD each had a great night last night and didn’t hit 1.5 dk points per minute played. Let’s say Simmons plays 20-24 minutes and averages 1.00-1.25 fppm. That gives a range of 20-30. At 6.7k, that’s still compelling but not chalk on a night with 6 games.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

Not sold on Simmons since he hasn’t played in a year.

Google the scrimmage from 2 days ago, specifically the 4th quarter. It will take you about 5 seconds to be completely sold.

He’s closer to Giannis right now than a rookie. I do not say these things lightly.

• Tyree901

@patpat1999 said...

Anyone like Martin for Memphis tonight?

He was rumored to be waived, regardless of how he did in the preseason so it’s hard to say honestly. He’s playing for his job, at Memphis or somewhere else, but production is anybody’s guess.

• thedkexperience

@LarryLegend33 said...

Not when there are teams that are playing guys 30 minutes and teams that are playing tonight that are on their 3rd pre-season game, not their first. You need to decide, Is 20 minutes of Fultz better than 30 minutes of a guy like Randle? Do the Sixers go slow with Simmons in his first game?

I do tend to agree that SImmons is likely to get 20-25 minutes and he isn’t cheap for a rookie. The slate is helped by the fact that like 7 of the top 10 more expensive guys aren’t playing tonight. I will probably roster him in at least some line-ups because he can light up a scoreboard, but the 76ers limit starters minutes throughout preseason more than anyone. Boogie and AD each had a great night last night and didn’t hit 1.5 dk points per minute played. Let’s say Simmons plays 20-24 minutes and averages 1.00-1.25 fppm. That gives a range of 20-30. At 6.7k, that’s still compelling but not chalk on a night with 6 games.

But what if I have Simmons and Randle?

The plot thickens … haha.

• thedkexperience

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DK5YldYwWIs

Sixers scrimmage highlights.

• LarryLegend33

@thedkexperience said...

But what if I have Simmons and Randle?

The plot thickens … haha.

Here’s my bold Sixers prediction: Holmes is in the Top 3 on the team tonight in fantasy points and Fultz isn’t.

• thedkexperience

@LarryLegend33 said...

Here’s my bold Sixers prediction: Holmes is in the Top 3 on the team tonight in fantasy points and Fultz isn’t.

It’s either gonna be him or Jah.

• moped_jones

@Syzltuth said...

Any thoughts for C? I have love at the moment but not sure how much run he’ll get tonight.

Not sure what site you are talking about….

DK: Collins, Boban, Okafor, Turner,are C’s that I like (but no clue about minutes, will have to check on that before lock)

FD: Boban, Okafor, Turner, and maybe Jokic (depending on his minutes).

• moped_jones

When did Emeka Okafor get back in the league? I just happened to look through my Sixers stack and saw that I picked the wrong Okafor (also didn’t realize they were related). Well, glad I caught that. Time to put in Jah.

(wow, they are both the same price too on DK)

• Vanco

Jah says he’s expecting to play about 15 minutes tonight

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers

• monarch

@moped_jones said...

When did Emeka Okafor get back in the league? I just happened to look through my Sixers stack and saw that I picked the wrong Okafor (also didn’t realize they were related). Well, glad I caught that. Time to put in Jah.

(wow, they are both the same price too on DK)

Jah is playing 15 minutes tonight. I’m playing Holmes, Simmons, Fultz

• Syzltuth

@moped_jones said...

Not sure what site you are talking about….

DK: Collins, Boban, Okafor, Turner,are C’s that I like (but no clue about minutes, will have to check on that before lock)

FD: Boban, Okafor, Turner, and maybe Jokic (depending on his minutes).

Dk, should have specified and thanks. Per twitter, okafor only playing about 15 min though

• Tyree901

Per @chrisadempsey – Nuggets Insider – Wilson Chandler (hip), Gary Harris (shoulder), Nikola Jokic (elbow) and Paul Millsap (rest) will not play in tonight’s game vs. LAL.

• Tyree901

Derrick Rose turns 29 today

• monarch

Like Trey Lyles tonight

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.