• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 Memphis at Philadelphia
    7:05 Charlotte at Detroit
    7:05 Atlanta at Cleveland
    8:05 Indiana at Milwaukee
    8:35 Chicago at Dallas
    10:05 Denver at LA Lakers

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Robby12

Faried should hammer the boards as well

• frugal

@Tyree901 said...

Per @chrisadempsey – Nuggets Insider – Wilson Chandler (hip), Gary Harris (shoulder), Nikola Jokic (elbow) and Paul Millsap (rest) will not play in tonight’s game vs. LAL.

Plumlee and Barton should absolutely feast if they get 20+ minutes.

• mattyice522

@tmarohl said...

Not sold on Simmons since he hasn’t played in a year.

and never an actual nba game

• duxaosm

Tonight seems like a BOBAN night.

• tmarohl

@thedkexperience said...

Google the scrimmage from 2 days ago, specifically the 4th quarter. It will take you about 5 seconds to be completely sold.

He’s closer to Giannis right now than a rookie. I do not say these things lightly.

Ok, you sold me on a couple lineups

• patpat1999

Who do ya like on FD for cash at center? I’m think either Howard, Turner, or Drummond, but I’m leaning Howard.

• LarryLegend33

@patpat1999 said...

Who do ya like on FD for cash at center? I’m think either Howard, Turner, or Drummond, but I’m leaning Howard.

If you are leaning Howard, you must be new to DFS. Although it is pre-season and if there is a time when he might actually perform, it’s going to be a game that doesn’t mean anything.

• MarcoPolo128

@patpat1999 said...

With new scoring on FD I think Turner is worth more consideration now that blocks and steals are worth 3 points

• duxaosm

Chalmers magic again tonight with no Conley

• thedkexperience

Thanks for the heads up on Jah. All aboard the Holmes Train!

Side note: with Joker now out can someone please list any good player I can spend my last 2900 on? Is there ANY big dollar chalk out there tonight? It’s looking like the Wild West in my lineup right now.

• lloydjv1

What’s the deal with the Turbos on DK? They are practically non existent. the 6PM slate has some contests running, but the Turbos hardly anything.

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

Thanks for the heads up on Jah. All aboard the Holmes Train!

Side note: with Joker now out can someone please list any good player I can spend my last 2900 on? Is there ANY big dollar chalk out there tonight? It’s looking like the Wild West in my lineup right now.

Need to hear something about minutes, but last season when 1 of the big 3 in CLE was out, it was money to roster the other 2. With Irving gone (and IT out) and James out, Love should eat the usage and his boards should be up as the rumor is he will start at C this season.

• vandymark

Wade Baldwin is going to win someone a lot of money tonight. I’m calling it

• frugal

Also, pulling back Fultz exposure. Apparently he changed his jumper form and messed it up, shot poorly in the scrimage . Brown unhappy with the changes. Going to take a wait and see approach with him…

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2017/10/sixers_brett_brown_unhappy_with_markelle_fultzs_ju.html#incart_river_index

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@frugal said...

Need to hear something about minutes, but last season when 1 of the big 3 in CLE was out, it was money to roster the other 2. With Irving gone (and IT out) and James out, Love should eat the usage and his boards should be up as the rumor is he will start at C this season.

That’s not a rumor. The lengthy article I just read said the plan was to move Thompson to the bench and make Love the starting center.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kevin-love-cavs-news-starting-lineup-center-lebron-james-tristan-thompson-derrick-rose/qd8toasdi8g11ka1zzf8abby6

• frugal

@Epignosis said...

That’s not a rumor. The lengthy article I just read said the plan was to move Thompson to the bench and make Love the starting center.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kevin-love-cavs-news-starting-lineup-center-lebron-james-tristan-thompson-derrick-rose/qd8toasdi8g11ka1zzf8abby6

I read that article, and as that would be their rotation starting the season I would expect to see it tonight. But with James out, not sure how many minutes Love will play at C (or at all). Also…in preseason coaches talk a lot, we’ll see how it goes in reality.

• VRod305

@LarryLegend33 said...

Last season, here were the starters’ average minutes for pre-season games

1: 17.6 minutes
    2. 20.4 minutes
    3. 17.0 minutes
    4. 19.4 minutes
    5. 19.2 minutes
    6. 21.8 minutes
    7. 19.9 minutes

Proceed at your own risk, but don’t count on anyone getting more than 20 minutes. Could happen, especially for the front court guys due to injuries. Simmons may still be worth it. I doubt Fultz will be.

I disagree with the safety thing. Brett Brown always insists on playing A LOT of players. Every the last three years when we had nine guys and one of them was signed right off the street, he would play him.

Nonetheless, Simmons is a lock, Cov is a lock and Fultz, Okafor, Holmes and Redick are all in play. Thing is, without Embiid, Saric and Johnson, the bigs have to play.

• jessedio

WTF Redick plays for PHI now. That should throw a wrench into things.

• thedkexperience

@frugal said...

Also, pulling back Fultz exposure. Apparently he changed his jumper form and messed it up, shot poorly in the scrimage . Brown unhappy with the changes. Going to take a wait and see approach with him…

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2017/10/sixers_brett_brown_unhappy_with_markelle_fultzs_ju.html#incart_river_index

This is totally a thing that has the super hardcore Sixers fans VERY worried. His shot looked weeeeeird in the scrimmage. He was still throwing out a Harden-vibe with his handle but his shot from the FT line was … concerning.

• thedkexperience

@jessedio said...

WTF Redick plays for PHI now. That should throw a wrench into things.

Not necessarily for tonight, but for the season Redick might actually be the most predictable player in the Sixers rotation. He will have a bit of an adjustment going from CP3 to 2 PGs who combine to be 40 years old, but it’s pretty obvious that he’ll be a LOCK for 30 minutes a night. He’s gonna shoot a TON of 3s and contribute little else to the counting stats. Lots of 12-1-1 lines in JJs future on 4-10 shooting from 3.

• Vanco

Fanduel tweeted today: Yes, there will be NBA Late Swap contests this year for the regular season.

• jessedio

On DK there is nobody to pay up for. Leaving lots on the table tonight.

• DJBlaazah

@thedkexperience said...

Google the scrimmage from 2 days ago, specifically the 4th quarter. It will take you about 5 seconds to be completely sold.

He’s closer to Giannis right now than a rookie. I do not say these things lightly.

I’m a believer in his talent, but I don’t trust the 76ers when it comes to the minutes distribution when it comes to their young guys. All of the 76ers’ games last season felt like they were strictly being used for player evaluation rather than being competitive.

• frugal

@DJBlaazah said...

I’m a believer in his talent, but I don’t trust the 76ers when it comes to the minutes distribution when it comes to their young guys. All of the 76ers’ games last season felt like they were strictly being used for player evaluation rather than being competitive.

I think the team is in a different place now. Their starting lineup is pretty much solidified and key backups in place. Not saying their starters are guaranteed big minutes tonight, but they’ve made some big strides and shouldn’t really be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for talent at this point.

The Mavs do a lot of player eval in preseason, but that first game was crazy. I want to give DSJ another shot but on the front end of a B2B I have no idea what they’re planning to do.

• thedkexperience

@DJBlaazah said...

Oh, they absolutely were. You did not imagine this.

Here are this season’s priorities …

A) Health
    B) The development of Embiid, Simmons and Fultz
    C) Playoffs
    D) The development of Saric, Covington, Korkmaz etc.

They are, in no way shape or form, still tanking.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).