Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Minnesota at Golden State
    Dallas at Orlando
    Miami at Brooklyn
    Toronto at Portland

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• frugal

@moped_jones said...

What about this Gian Clavell? What do you know about him since you are the Mavs guy. He’ll probably be low owned, but do you think he’ll get much of a run? Had 21 minutes last game.

Also, with 7 people resting, how many guys does this leave for them to play tonight? I’m not familiar with preseason roster rules.

Mavs are a tricky situation tonight, several factors to watch:

-Mavs have 12 active players tonight (Mc Roberts likely will never suit up).

- It’s been reported DSJ is having some issues with conditioning limiting his minutes. No better way to get in shape than pushing oneself harder. Of course, they may play it conservative seeing no reason for him to risk injury. When he is playing, his usage should be off the chart just a matter of minutes…50/50 on him

- With so many guards out, it’s a perfect opportunity for Yogi Ferrell to get a minutes bump. He’s put up solid, consistent number in the first 2 games on 18 minutes.

- Clavell has been great in the 2 games he’s played and is fighting for a 2-way contract. RC has liked what he’s seen and I imagine they will give him another 20 or more minutes tonight. I think he’s a solid under the radar option on such a small slate.

- During the regular season, RC is often pretty clear in his B2B planning. Players playing low (or DNP) on the front side often get more play in the second game. Being preseason with a ton of marginal players, it’s a little difficult to absolutely figure things like this out since minutes are so spread. But I wouldn’t be shocked to see Ashley, Kleber, Dozier, Clavell, and Motley play the majority of the 2nd half. the question is whether 20-25 minutes from one of these guys will deliver like 18-22 from a more polished player.

• moped_jones

Rick Carlisle isn’t even going to the game tonight.

https://twitter.com/JasonWSchaver/lists/nba-dfs

That’s a twitter list I made to follow DFS. Feel free to use it if you would like.

• moped_jones

@frugal said...

- With so many guards out, it’s a perfect opportunity for Yogi Ferrell to get a minutes bump. He’s put up solid, consistent number in the first 2 games on 18 minutes.

– Clavell has been great in the 2 games he’s played and is fighting for a 2-way contract. RC has liked what he’s seen and I imagine they will give him another 20 or more minutes tonight. I think he’s a solid under the radar option on such a small slate.

I am running Yogi on both sites, probably just Clavell in one of my DK LU’s.

• liwvu13

Playing contrarian…. Any news on Orlando’s minutes tonight? If we could get 25 mins from the starters playing against a depleted Mavs roster… that might be the better way to go.

• Ndepompei

@liwvu13 said...

Playing contrarian…. Any news on Orlando’s minutes tonight? If we could get 25 mins from the starters playing against a depleted Mavs roster… that might be the better way to go.

I’m thinking total game stack

• gim77us

@liwvu13 said...

The only thing I saw was Frank Vogel wasn’t happy with the first game and wants to get things smoothed out. Vogel went to a regular rotation last year in the second game but who knows, he’s another unpredictable coach

• liwvu13

@Ndepompei said...

I’m thinking total game stack

Not a bad idea but that game has the lowest predicted total for the night and is continuing to drop after the Mavs news.

• liwvu13

@gim77us said...

The only thing I saw was Frank Vogel wasn’t happy with the first game and wants to get things smoothed out. Vogel went to a regular rotation last year in the second game but who knows, he’s another unpredictable coach

Thanks

• Vanco

Frank Vogel said he plans to play everyone for the #Magic tonight. Probably still limited minutes.

https://twitter.com/OMagicDaily?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhashtagbasketball.com%2Fnba-beat-reporter-tweets

• Lathum

@sochoice said...

No way this is true. Unless it is for a specific contest weeks from now where not having the tickets live now doesn’t matter and is their normal course of business.

Why would I lie about that? It’s for the FD opening day NBA slate. So it’s still 2 weeks out but no reason they should t credit it.

• futoo

would think brooklyn is the only team we can trust mnutes on right now ,no?

• winnerchickendinner

When in the world is draftkings going to pay

• juliom328

I’m just starting NBA daily fantasy. Any advice for a beginner?

• futoo

download the rotogrinders app for updates

• IronMonkey415

Come on DK give me my $8!!!

I really want to play these chalks tonight:
    Russell
    Yogi
    Kelly O
    Winslow

• bfwl3434

@juliom328 said...

Pay close attention to injuries, especially prior to lock. Play guys with high usage rates in high total games. Be careful of teams on back to back’s and cross country travel. Just a few tips I could write down quickly.

• Ndepompei

@winnerchickendinner said...

When in the world is draftkings going to pay

It’s getting ridiculous

• moped_jones

@juliom328 said...

Stay way from NBA preseason.

Once the season starts keep an eye out for injuries, what teams are on back 2 backs, who’s playing against a bad defense (and defense VS position), how many minutes people are getting, pace of play (high scoring games), what games have the potential to be blow outs (don’t want to pay up for superstar if he’s not even going to play much in the 2nd half), home/road splits (some people are just better at home).

There’s so much more. You will probably be bad the first year but you will get better the more you play. This is my 3rd season of NBA and I am a much better player than I was the first year. But the problem is everyone else is getting better too!

• juliom328

Thanks a lot. What’s a good place to find usage rates?

• liwvu13

@juliom328 said...

IMO more than any DFS sport, the NBA has the least amount of variance. Statistical analysis can get you a long way. Vegas numbers are very important especially when choosing stacks. In GPP’s its comes to picking the right studs with the right duds every night. Paying attention to injuries and lineups is paramount.

• moped_jones

@liwvu13 said...

In GPP’s its comes to picking the rights studs with the right duds every night.

This.

I couldn’t tell you how many times I had the right scrubs but my studs let me down. I had the visa versa happen, but not nearly as much.

• KindGuy

How the hell has DK still not paid out last nights contests?

• tmspriggs

@juliom328 said...

Anthony Davis is a hypochondriac.

• monarch

With an assistant coaching for Carlisle and seven players out I’m rolling with some Mavs. Whoever this coach is probably really wants to win and plays a tight rotation.

Carlisle probably told him to do whatever he wants…just don’t hurt DSJ

• IronMonkey415

They just paid me. You guys should get your money pretty soon.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.