Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Minnesota at Golden State
    Dallas at Orlando
    Miami at Brooklyn
    Toronto at Portland

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

And with just five preseason games remaining starting tonight at Brooklyn, Spoelstra doesn’t have as much time as usual to get his team ready for start of the regular season.

“I’m going to look at some lineups, continue to install, try to continue to build our identity and see if we can hammer those things in in 10 days,” Spoelstra said.

Typically, the Heat have played eight preseason games. But with camp shortened by one week most teams have cut down on preseason games. Some will play as few as three.

The Heat will squeeze their final five games into nine days, playing every other day until Oct. 13.

“Our guys got to play (but) nobody will play a full complement of minutes,” Spoelstra said. “I don’t even know if I’ll do a full dress rehearsal.

“As long as guys are getting in better rhythm, a better feel for each other, understanding fully what our identity is, how we want to play. … And each guy’s role within that. Those are the things I’ll be looking for.”

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/04/familiarity-a-big-bonus-for-miami-heat-in-shortened-preseason/

• Gokou

@tmspriggs said...

Anthony Davis is a hypochondriac.

He is but he can win you a GPP

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Dorian Finney-Smith did not travel to Orlando for today’s game.

https://twitter.com/EarlKSneed/status/916011926538219520

• Vanco

Mavs value feeling like a trap where they only score 65 points

• damionismyname

@Lathum said...

I have tickets won last week that haven’t been credited yet. No excuse.

you won tickets to a contest that doesn’t start for 10 days dude. they get the tickets like the next day or something just be patient. Again your tickets arent even able to be used for at least a week unless their for hockey.

• VRod305

@moped_jones said...

So what Mavs do we load up on tonight? I don’t want another 12 minutes from Dennis Smith JR.

I agree (with whoever said it above) that D’Angelo Russell is a lock.

Looks like FD finally put some effort into their prices, lol. Actually have to do some math instead of just using whoever I want.

Ahhh it’s still the same. I got everyone I wanted with 3.5K to spare.

• VRod305

@damionismyname said...

you won tickets to a contest that doesn’t start for 10 days dude. they get the tickets like the next day or something just be patient. Again your tickets arent even able to be used for at least a week unless their for hockey.

Yeah, I got both of mine for the 10/17 contest already. I’ve had that happen before though. Once it was like 4 days.

• asapholster

everyones favourite picks tonight?

i like d lo, payton, wanted james johnson but that comment from spo about not getting a lot of minutes scared me

• Lathum

@damionismyname said...

That’s not really the point…

If someone owed you money would you be cool with them saying “ your rent isn’t due for another 10 days, so I’m not going to pay you for a week”

• DontTrustTheProcess

It’s preseason and prices are cheap. There’s no such thing as value right now!

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Lathum said...

If someone owed you money would you be cool with them saying “ your rent isn’t due for another 10 days, so I’m not going to pay you for a week”

If I couldn’t use the money anyways.. Then probably yes. Does it make a difference if you have your tickets for the big game in your hand or at will call?

• moped_jones

@VRod305 said...

Ahhh it’s still the same. I got everyone I wanted with 3.5K to spare.

Yeah, I have 8500 left right now but I will have to mess with it again before lock b/c I have no idea whose even getting minutes tonight (other than a couple Mavs and D Russell).

• Alvy76

How do you know d Russell is getting for sure mins?? Any word on toronto’s players and mins?

• damionismyname

@Lathum said...

not the same because this isn’t money, these are tickets. more like if you won a lottery ticket from someone and the draw isn’t til the end of the month yet its the middle of the month and you bitch at them for the ticket. I would be like “ why the hell you bitching about this and its not for 2 weeks?”

• VRod305

@moped_jones said...

Yeah, I have 8500 left right now but I will have to mess with it again before lock b/c I have no idea whose even getting minutes tonight (other than a couple Mavs and D Russell).

I’m stacking the Blazers Big 3. I feel like Stotts is pretty consistent with minutes. I can see them getting 25-30 tonight.

• gim77us

Batum to miss 8-12 weeks, torn ligament in elbow

• BTeer12

@VRod305 said...

I’m stacking the Blazers Big 3. I feel like Stotts is pretty consistent with minutes. I can see them getting 25-30 tonight.

Stotts consistent with minutes? He said McCollum would get no more than 20 the other night and McCollum finished with 30+ minutes.

• moped_jones

@Alvy76 said...

How do you know d Russell is getting for sure mins?? Any word on toronto’s players and mins?

I don’t know for sure but he’s new and they are bad. They need time to develop some chemistry. Plus bad teams need a few wins in the preseason so they can trick their base into thinking they don’t suck.

• moped_jones

@gim77us said...

Batum to miss 8-12 weeks, torn ligament in elbow

So Lamb will be in play? Or does someone else take over for Batum?

• dtrain187

@moped_jones said...

Lamb benefits the most. Maybe Monk and even Kemba a little too.

• frugal

@moped_jones said...

Lamb and/or Monk.

• moped_jones

@VRod305 said...

I might go that route as well. Had richardson and Winslow for the heat but if they aren’t getting a ton of time there’s no reason to even go there.

How great a trade was that for POR to get Nurkic? I on’t really root for the Bulls but they are bad and close by so I was hoping they’d get Nurkic. Could have gotten him for so cheap (Lopez and a 2nd round pick?) what a steal for the Blazers. All they had to give up was basically “The Good Plummlee”.

• moped_jones

Did anyone see the Raptors beat writer’s tweet?

https://twitter.com/SmithRaps/status/915397479327080449

It’s not like what he was asked WASN’T job related, lol. Anyone know anything about the Raptors minutes tonight? Their beat writer could not care less about doing his job.

• frugal

I want to roster Whiteside but don’t trust Spo to run him more than 20 minutes.

• keephustlincuz

Struggling with SF on FD? Kind of like carroll. ANy ideas?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.