8:05 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Oklahoma City — T: 222.5
    10:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Phoenix — T: 226.5
    10:35 PM EST : Denver at Portland ( -2.5) — T: 221.5

• ripking

im Gonna be nuts and fade all Mavericks. I don’t trust Carlyle

• frugal

@ripking said...

im Gonna be nuts and fade all Mavericks. I don’t trust Carlyle

With Mavs on a B2B, I wouldn’t expect big names to play significant minutes tonight. RC was upfront about KP being questionable on B2Bs so I wouldn’t be shocked for him to play extremely limited minutes and sit tomorrow. Wth that in mind and Powell out, Boban a lower minutes guy, I really think Kleber in is line for bigger minutes tonight. Him, Jackson, and Brunson are my 3 fav Mavs tonight.

• gaelicgirl

@frugal said...

With Mavs on a B2B, I wouldn’t expect big names to play significant minutes tonight.

Welcome, frugal…so hold off on playing Luka and Porzingis? Didn’t realize they have to fly to Detroit tonight.

• thedkexperience

Please correct me if I’m wrong because I have never watched a ton of preseason hoops, but does it seem like the NBA is being much smarter with the preseason than usual?

It seems that instead of “let’s trot out our guys for token nonsense 1st quarter minutes” to “bring them along slowly” teams seem to be playing most of their players – aside from injury returning vets – 3/4ths of their normal playing time or just outright benching them for 0 minutes.

Personally I think that’s a genius way to do it. One of the most overlooked things about NBA rotations is that the game is usually broken up into 6 periods, not 4 quarters.

Period 1 – 1st 8 min starters
    Period 2 – 2nd 8 min backups
    Period 3 – 3rd 8 min starters
    Period 4 – 4th 8 min starters
    Period 5 – 5th 8 min backups
    Period 6 – 6th 8 min coaches choice

We can all safely assume that no starters are gonna play in periods 5 and 6, but it’s really only the period 6 minutes they are missing out on. If this pattern holds – it certainly did in the Pels-Hawks game I watched last night – we can surely take advantage of it.

Here’s to hoping the NBA is getting smarter as I believe they may be.

• tmarohl

Why the hell is Mario Hezonja the 10th highest priced player on FD?

• Wooden_Bones

@tmarohl said...

It makes as much sense as Teague and Booker being minimum priced on FD.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

Hahaha seriously! I saw that last night and had to check his player profile like 14 times just to make sure he wasn’t scoring 35 points a game last season and I just forgot.

Has anyone ever had negative ownership?

Ironically … I bet he gets some ownership just because his price is so high. People are funny like that. “Well I can’t leave 8000 on the board, let’s just jam in Mario since he’s the best player!”

• tmarohl

@Wooden_Bones said...

Who needs drop the score when they are giving you two free spots :)

• thedkexperience

@Wooden_Bones said...

Yup!

Yesterday I started Lonzo, Jrue and Ingram for 3500 each. The FD pricing guy has been hitting the flask hard this week.

• Ace15

I wonder if this is a new pricing strategy from FD lol.

• kbsktbll88

• Wooden_Bones

@Ace15 said...

I wonder if this is a new pricing strategy from FD lol.

It’s so obvious now… FD has found a way to please people that wanted drop the score and people that don’t at the same time. Just throw in a couple starters at min price!

• thedkexperience

Live look in at the FD pricing team hard at work …

• frugal

@gaelicgirl said...

Welcome, frugal…so hold off on playing Luka and Porzingis? Didn’t realize they have to fly to Detroit tonight.

As a Mavs super homer, I’m going to throw them into 1 lineup just because I can and you never know what’s going to happen in preseason. However, my gut is most the 4th Q is going to be all 3rd stringer/camp bodies. With Barea and Powell out, Wright coming of a preseason injury, Curry a returning older vet, KP minutes being kinda managed, Lee not a part of the Mavs long term plans, it’s more the middle tier of players I like here who I think will see the most meaningful minutes.

• Wooden_Bones

Michael Porter will be getting some playing time tonight. Being his first real playing time as a pro I’d expect him to be under 20 minutes, but he’s quoted as saying “I expect to go in there [Tuesday] night and kill it,” Porter said Monday.

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

Please correct me if I’m wrong because I have never watched a ton of preseason hoops, but does it seem like the NBA is being much smarter with the preseason than usual?

It seems that instead of “let’s trot out our guys for token nonsense 1st quarter minutes” to “bring them along slowly” teams seem to be playing most of their players – aside from injury returning vets – 3/4ths of their normal playing time or just outright benching them for 0 minutes.

Personally I think that’s a genius way to do it. One of the most overlooked things about NBA rotations is that the game is usually broken up into 6 periods, not 4 quarters.

Period 1 – 1st 8 min starters
    Period 2 – 2nd 8 min backups
    Period 3 – 3rd 8 min starters
    Period 4 – 4th 8 min starters
    Period 5 – 5th 8 min backups
    Period 6 – 6th 8 min coaches choice

We can all safely assume that no starters are gonna play in periods 5 and 6, but it’s really only the period 6 minutes they are missing out on. If this pattern holds – it certainly did in the Pels-Hawks game I watched last night – we can surely take advantage of it.

Since 16/17 the NBA has cut their preseason by ~3-4 games, so the first few games bringing guys along slow and the last one being rest before the season are no more.

• thedkexperience

@frugal said...

Since 16/17 the NBA has cut their preseason by ~3-4 games, so the first few games bringing guys along slow and the last one being rest before the season are no more.

That’s great and what I was thinking. On a side note I was reading Bill Simmons “The Book of Basketball” last week and enjoyed the note where they used to play like 30 games in the preseason.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

Yeah, most the starters are getting 20-25 minutes instead of 33-36. So maybe not quite 3/4 of their normal time for everyone, but somewhere in there. Starters or high level players in 20 minutes are still much more valuable, or at least have been then anyone else off the bench getting 20-25 minutes.

It’s easy to see last night on DK the guy who won 10K had all starters and used by my quick math all of or at least 95%+ of the salary. So this concept of playing bench guys and leaving a bunch of money on the table are overblown. On the 10/6 2-game slate the winning line up I believe also had all starts, except Bamba, on DK and used the entire cap, minus $100.

• gaelicgirl

@frugal said...

As a Mavs super homer, I’m going to throw them into 1 lineup just because I can and you never know what’s going to happen in preseason.

Cool, I’m going to do that, too…I’ve been looking forward to seeing them together all offseason. FD is already flooding the zone with main, late night and after hours slates, so I’ll have a lineup or two to play around with.
    Thanks for the insight!

• Ace15

@Pandamonious said...

It’s easy to see last night on DK the guy who won 10K had all starters and used by my quick math all of or at least 95%+ of the salary. So this concept of playing bench guys and leaving a bunch of money on the table are overblown. On the 10/6 2-game slate the winning line up I believe also had all starts, except Bamba, on DK and used the entire cap, minus $100.

Yeah, I been getting too cute thinking guys off the bench will crush, but starters are still mainly crushing it. Been leaving way too much salary on table as well.

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, most the starters are getting 20-25 minutes instead of 33-36. So maybe not quite 3/4 of their normal time for everyone, but somewhere in there. Starters or high level players in 20 minutes are still much more valuable, or at least have been then anyone else off the bench getting 20-25 minutes.

My LU last night had 7/9 players who won my GPP just missed on Isaac and Gordon! What could have been!

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

On FD last night the winner who was a rotogrinders guy, a25smith, had Trae Young, Lonzo, Jrue, Lavine, Isaac, Zion, Randle, Gordon and Mitchell Robinson.

There were tons of scrubs that went off last night at minimum price though. For instance, Frank Mason at PG for the Bucks had 36.6 FD points, which was more than Trae or Lonzo had, Robin Lopez basically matched Mitchell Robinson. My point is there is a path to victory both directions.

• monarch

Panda…did the winner put 150 in?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Panda…did the winner put 150 in?

No idea.

• kbsktbll88

For the Spurs Trey Lyles is out, everyone else a go.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).