10:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Phoenix — T: 226.5
    10:35 PM EST : Denver at Portland ( -2.5) — T: 221.5

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

That’s peanuts man…guess im palying Diallo, Tyler, Okbob.

Definitely going to have some Diallo.

• thedkexperience

@Hatchins said...

If the Suns starters average 16 minutes that leaves 32 mins at each position on the table. Oubre and Bridges are ruled out already. so is that 5-7 guys splitting 32 mins each?

Sounds like Booker is gonna shoot 20 times in the first half to me.

• monarch

DJJ should get good run with Kelly O and Neck tat unavailable.

• JSteele

Mason Plumlee is in a nice spot with Jokic out.

I heard they will experiment with some small ball lineups with Jerami Grant playing the 5 as well.

Plum is the only viable Center available tonight though.

• kbsktbll88

@JSteele said...

I heard they will experiment with some small ball lineups with Jerami Grant playing the 5 as well.

Zeller? Probably play Millsap at the 5 some too.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

That game can go small at any point. Once Whiteside hits the bench the Blazers don’t really have a five. The Nuggets can play Grant, Milsap, Vanderbilt, Juancho and Zeller at the five in this game if they decide to. I doubt they run Mason Plumlee too much out of necessity to have a center on the floor.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

That game can go small at any point. Once Whiteside hits the bench the Blazers don’t really have a five. The Nuggets can play Grant, Milsap, Vanderbilt, Juancho and Zeller at the five in this game if they decide to. I doubt they run Mason Plumlee too much out of necessity to have a center on the floor.

Doesn’t really derail your point at all, but I think Juancho is out. DK isn’t showing it out, but I swore this morning when I was going through things I saw he wouldn’t be playing.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Thats a good point. I still think Plum ends up around 20 minutes and he can fill up the stat sheet.

What do we think about Jimmy Butler tonight.

• monarch

Is DDR playing?

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Thats a good point. I still think Plum ends up around 20 minutes and he can fill up the stat sheet.

What do we think about Jimmy Butler tonight.

I’m basically locking Jimmy in. The hype is that this is his team. He should get heavy usage in his 15-25 minutes. Their beat writer is pretty forthcoming so hopefully we hear about his minutes closer to lock

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

Doesn’t really derail your point at all, but I think Juancho is out. DK isn’t showing it out, but I swore this morning when I was going through things I saw he wouldn’t be playing.

I think only Jokic and Bol Bol are out for Denver.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Nope, sorry. Found what I saw and I read it wrong. Should wake up before I read news.

• PaperStacking92

So looking at Suns behind Cameron Johnson they have nobody. Is he the only starter that could see mins past 18 and could play close to 30?

• kbsktbll88

@monarch said...

Is DDR playing?

I read that everyone but Trey Lyles is a go tonight for the Spurs.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

I’m basically locking Jimmy in. The hype is that this is his team. He should get heavy usage in his 15-25 minutes. Their beat writer is pretty forthcoming so hopefully we hear about his minutes closer to lock

I got that sense too reading some of the news. I also looked at last years preseason box scores and the Miami rotation had pretty solid minutes in the first game.

I like Jimmy and Bam together.

• monarch

@PaperStacking92 said...

So looking at Suns behind Cameron Johnson they have nobody. Is he the only starter that could see mins past 18 and could play close to 30?

I’m on that angle as well. He could see regular rotation with the starters and then play into the 4th because he is not really a starter and they held him out of Summer League so he can use the run along with Ty Jerome.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@PaperStacking92 said...

Everything I read this morning was they were going to play around with a lot of 3 guard line ups tonight. If I read it right, I’m not certain of anything now. So, I can’t say for sure he might not extend past 18, but they have a ton of guards they’re trying to look at too. Specifically remember seeing talk of Tyler Johnson playing at the 3 some

• Hatchins

@monarch said...

I’m on that angle as well. He could see regular rotation with the starters and then play into the 4th because he is not really a starter and they held him out of Summer League so he can use the run along with Ty Jerome.

Didn’t play any summer league. Would be weird to run him out for 30 mins after playing no summer league?

• kbsktbll88

Has anyone seen anything about OKC regarding minutes?

• Hatchins

@Hatchins said...

Didn’t play any summer league. Would be weird to run him out for 30 mins after playing no summer league?

Also, just looking from a usage standpoint. Was hoping he would come off the bench when booker/Ayton come off the floor. If Cam Johnson is on the floor with all those guy I wonder how much look he will even get.

• Njsum1

Just because starters played decent minutes last night, doesn’t mean they will tonight. Grabbed a min cash just playing starters yesterday. Yet getting the feeling that won’t work tonight.

Preseason….Still a dice roll IMO

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Everything I read this morning was they were going to play around with a lot of 3 guard line ups tonight. If I read it right, I’m not certain of anything now. So, I can’t say for sure he might not extend past 18, but they have a ton of guards they’re trying to look at too. Specifically remember seeing talk of Tyler Johnson playing at the 3 some

Defense is optional in Phoenix again this season it seems.

Is their organizational mandate to try and give up 140 points a game?

• noddy

I just posted six, 5 team, 6 round leagues for NBA on Yahoo ranging from $1-$50 if anyone is interested. They pay the top 2 and the winner each day. I’m terrible at NBA so you should probably join.

• thedkexperience

@Njsum1 said...

Just because starters played decent minutes last night, doesn’t mean they will tonight. Grabbed a min cash just playing starters yesterday. Yet getting the feeling that won’t work tonight.

Preseason….Still a dice roll IMO

Seems like the safest guys nowadays are young players who have a clear path to top 8 rotation minutes in the regular season. Also it seems like a good idea to target teams that need to build chemistry so I like the Jimmy Butler call.

I’m avoiding anyone coming off an injury like the plague and thinking twice about any vet who has nothing to prove on an established team.

• monarch

Heat are on a H/R B2B so I’m guessing the starters get better than expected run and sit tomorrow night. Just my personal speculation which would put Jimmy and crew in line for three pretty good runs before the season starts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.