10:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Phoenix — T: 226.5
    10:35 PM EST : Denver at Portland ( -2.5) — T: 221.5

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

Defense is optional in Phoenix again this season it seems.

Is their organizational mandate to try and give up 140 points a game?

Probably. Still need at least 1 more top 5 pick.

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Probably. Still need at least 1 more top 5 pick.

It’s the Suns. They’ll need at least 5 more picks to ensure a good player.

I mean when given the opportunity to take a project with limited upside and no jump shot in the top 5 the Suns always jump at the chance. Especially if a franchise player is available they can gift to someone 1 pick later.

• JSteele

I’m sure you all know this already, but keep in mind OKC’s bigs were designed to box out and let Russell Westbrook grab the rebound on the run. Now they are focusing on more ball movement and running plays through their bigs to get guys open on the wings and cut towards the hoop.

I’m looking at Steven Adams tonight who should be a solid source of points and rebounds. If he gets 20-25 minutes, he could easily put up 20-10 tonight.

• gaelicgirl

Not much talk about Nuggets/Blazers

I really like this rivalry, could be the best game of the slate

• roomchat

Can not tell you guys how excited I am that it’s three hours before lock during the first week of the pre-season and this thread has already made it to page 6.

• roomchat

How many minutes for Luka tonight?

• JSteele

@gaelicgirl said...

Me too, except i’m cautious because last year Lillard played 12 minutes in his first preseason game. No starters played more than 16 minutes, and the bench was longer than Pinocchio’s nose.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

I’m sure you all know this already, but keep in mind OKC’s bigs were designed to box out and let Russell Westbrook grab the rebound on the run. Now they are focusing on more ball movement and running plays through their bigs to get guys open on the wings and cut towards the hoop.

I’m looking at Steven Adams tonight who should be a solid source of points and rebounds. If he gets 20-25 minutes, he could easily put up 20-10 tonight.

Yeah, it was funny when I started looking into the Thunder this morning the first five articles I saw were all about how Adams was going to be allowed to rebound now and not just box out. 20 points is very optimistic, but it’s definitely something to keep an eye on as the regular season starts and he gets regular minutes. Adams will have a bit more DFS upside as 10+ boards and double-double bonuses on DK should be more frequent.

• gaelicgirl

@JSteele said...

I’m looking at Steven Adams tonight who should be a solid source of points and rebounds.

Love Adams tonight, just waiting to see something about minutes from the Thunder.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I game stacked that one in one of my lineups on FD

• JSteele

@gaelicgirl said...

Love Adams tonight, just waiting to see something about minutes from the Thunder.

If it helps, he played 26 minutes last year in Preseason game 1. Noel played 22. All the reports i’ve read say that SGA is viewed as the face of this franchise, and i’m hoping he gets a lot of run.

Schroder I feel gets limited action as he’s had a busy summer with the German National Team

• kbsktbll88

@gaelicgirl said...

I read that Stotts said he wants everyone to play tonight and will tighten up the rotation towards the end of pre season. I’m fading most of this game.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

I game stacked that one in one of my lineups on FD

Unfortunately none of their all stars are minimum priced so yeah …

• frugal

@JSteele said...

Adams isn’t getting 20/10 in 20 minutes vs Kleber/Boban. Neither are lead leaders in rim D but they aren’t afraid to play physical and challenge shots in the post. I wonder if 20 minutes is a bit generousness as well as OKC is very deep at C.

• frugal

@JSteele said...

If it helps, he played 26 minutes last year in Preseason game 1. Noel played 22. All the reports i’ve read say that SGA is viewed as the face of this franchise, and i’m hoping he gets a lot of run.

Schroder I feel gets limited action as he’s had a busy summer with the German National Team

SGA was my first lock today.

• kbsktbll88

@JSteele said...

I also like Adams..and Schroder. They both got big boosts last season when Westbrook and PG13 were off the floor. And I don’t think CP3 plays too much given his age so that should help Schroder.

• cfitz19

Got 6K left for my utility on DK. Ayton, Harris, or wiggins? Or if there is a better suggestion Id love to hear it. Ready to get NBA on the road, PGA took a toll on me!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@cfitz19 said...

Got 6K left for my utility on DK. Ayton, Harris, or wiggins? Or if there is a better suggestion Id love to hear it. Ready to get NBA on the road, PGA took a toll on me!

Already have Bam or SGA? Gallo? Murray?

I wouldn’t play Ayton, because the talk for Suns starters is 14-18 minutes. Harris doesn’t have a lot of upside. Wiggins doesn’t really either.

• JSteele

@cfitz19 said...

I think we’ve heard that Phoenix will limit starters to 14-18 minutes tonight which means Ayton is out. Denver has a lot of guard depth, so I’m not sure Harris gets enough minutes. Plus he doesn’t offer much in terms of peripherals. We are expecting Minnesota’s starters to get decent run which puts Wiggins in play, but also Teague just a little bit cheaper.

• kbsktbll88

@cfitz19 said...

I like Wiggins tonight. Steven Adams is under $6k if you don’t have him already. I think Whiteside is in play too, not expecting him to get many minutes, but we know he has a massive ceiling and even in only 15-20 minutes can put up big numbers.

• PaperStacking92

I know Saunders has said he’s gonna push his starters for run tonight but since Phoenix isn’t gonna play their’s alot I’m wondering if Minny winds up limiting their own.

• Wooden_Bones

@PaperStacking92 said...

I know Saunders has said he’s gonna push his starters for run tonight but since Phoenix isn’t gonna play their’s alot I’m wondering if Minny winds up limiting their own.

I don’t think what PHX does has any effect on what MIN does. It’s preseason and teams are more concerned with their own priorities (such as getting rotations figured out, getting a look at guys that are fighting for the rotation, etc) and not so much winning the game. Just look at last night’s MIL/CHI game as an example. CHI gave their starters around 22 mins even though MIL didn’t play any starters.

• JSteele

@PaperStacking92 said...

Found this coach speak I read earlier.

“But Saunders will also set goals for each preseason game, with players staying in the games until those goals are met.”

Not sure what those “goals” are. But it seems like it won’t matter what the Suns do.

• tmarohl

I usually don’t do cash games, because I suck at them. So if anyone wants to come take my money, I just posted 5 $10 H2H’s on FD.

• Ace15

@tmarohl said...

I usually don’t do cash games, because I suck at them. So if anyone wants to come take my money, I just posted 5 $10 H2H’s on FD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.