• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Indiana at Detroit
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis at Atlanta
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia at Boston
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando at Dallas
    10:00 PM EST : Portland at Sacramento
    10:00 PM EST : Utah at Phoenix

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RogueGrinder

Thoughts on Simmons if Saric plays?

• Whitebob

The big question is mins for the stars

• mbyrd75

knicks, blazers, kings all on a preseason b2b. Will be interesting to see how deep into the bench they go.

• bfwl3434

Jazz. Magic, Pistons all on front end of a B2B.

• mbyrd75

Stotts told the media on Sunday, he plans to play his starters regular season minutes vs. the Kings on Monday.

http://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/portland-trail-blazers/what-will-lillard-do-vs-sacramento-after-dropping-35-clippers

• futoo

hard to believe that on a back to back but i guess that makes them chalk

• mbyrd75

@futoo said...

hard to believe that on a back to back but i guess that makes them chalk

maybe but we’re in a bit of a bubble here. Possible that the b2b scares off some of the people that aren’t really researching preseason nba.

• futoo

@mbyrd75 said...

maybe but we’re in a bit of a bubble here. Possible that the b2b scares off some of the people that aren’t really researching preseason nba.

true true

• tmarohl

The Celtics will rest Irving, Gordan Hayward, Al Horford and Marcus Morris, meaning the likes of Terry Rozier, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown should each pick up increased minutes.

• futoo

are det and hou expected to get a lot of minutes again

• Vanco

https://twitter.com/ScottAgness
    So Lance won’t be playing tonight, either.

Starters: Collison, Poythress, D. Jones, Leaf, Jefferson.

• mbyrd75

@Vanco said...

https://twitter.com/ScottAgness
    So Lance won’t be playing tonight, either.

Starters: Collison, Poythress, D. Jones, Leaf, Jefferson.

https://www.indycornrows.com/2017/10/9/16448194/pacers-to-shuffle-preseason-lineup-against-pistons-mcmillan

from one of the preview articles

Nine of the current 20-player roster will not be available for the Pacers against the Pistons with Myles Turner, Thaddeus Young, Bojan Bogdanovic, Victor Oldadipo, Lance Stephenson and Domas Sabonis sitting out to rest. Glenn Robinson III (ankle), Edmond Sumner (knee) and Trey McKinney-Jones (shoulder) will be actual injury scratches on Monday.

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Thanks guys for all the news. For those who have forgotten, could you also post links of source in the future?

• tmspriggs

@ESefko: Per Rick Carlisle, expect heavy lifters to get a decent run tonight vs. Orlando. Deep reserves will play some, but more on upcoming b-to-b.

@ESefko: Tentative starters for Mavericks tonight: Dirk, Barnes, Finley-Smith, Matthews, Smith Jr.

• thedkexperience

Simmons and Saric have no baring on each other.

Simmons is the point guard no matter what kind of stupid designation that Fan Duel and Draft Kings have. He only plays the “4” on offense a handful of possessions.

Dario, meanwhile is about to see a huge up tick as the small ball 5 with the second units.

Long story short, in the regular season both will be assured of no less than 28 minutes a night (more for Simmons) and Simmons usage and Dario’s are almost completely unlinked with each other.

• StevieBrown

Any word on Jazz minutes?

• Vanco

@PompeyOnSixers

Covington and Redick is out tonight for rest.
    #Sixers don’t plan on playing @MarkelleF a lot tonight. “We’ll bring him a long. He’s just coming off an injury,” Sixers’ Brown said
    The Sixers plan to play people for around 15 to 20 minutes tonight.

• Vanco

Spoelstra said @Goran_Dragic will not play again tonight. Says it’s all part of the plan. “We want to strike that balance of keeping him in shape and make sure he’s peaking for that first [regular season] game.”

@Manny_Navarro

• Vanco

Rudy Gobert is resting tonight for the Utah Jazz
    @Lockedonsports

• NSNunn

@mbyrd75 said...

I like your point, but if people outside the bubble don’t know about Stotts’ comments, then they are probably not aware that the Blazers are on the B2B and that that is usually a bad thing.

Seems like if someone is aware of one, they have the resources to be aware of the other.

• byo34

@NSNunn said...

I like your point, but if people outside the bubble don’t know about Stotts’ comments, then they are probably not aware that the Blazers are on the B2B and that that is usually a bad thing.

Seems like if someone is aware of one, they have the resources to be aware of the other.

Back to back shouldn’t be an issue considering they didn’t play the full minutes they normally do in the regular season.

Oh I just read your post wrong. Didn’t mean to direct this at you!

• NSNunn

My main concern with going heavy on Blazers tonight: Kings played their starters heavy last night. They are more likely to go with young guys tonite. I realize preseason isnt about winning, but if the Blazers are running out their starters, and the Kings are playing their young guys, isn’t the game going to be really really lopsided? Once again I acknowledge that preseason wins losses dont matter, but is stotts really going to give them 30 mins of run if its 73-52 in the third quarter?

• Toadthegreat

I don’t think coaches even look at the score. Stotts will be looking for their big 3 to establish chemistry and run the offense.

• RogueGrinder

Lillard had a 35 point performance…Forget minutes and b2b, he will be chalk. You’re more than welcome to roster him based on your own opinion. I don’t want chalk this season even if it means losing out.

• RogueGrinder

Anyone word on Schroder? If you get any please let us know.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).