• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : Cleveland at Indiana
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto at Charlotte
    7:00 PM EST : New Orleans at Miami
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas at Milwaukee
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis at LA Minnesota
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix at Utah

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@tmarohl said...

So Jevon Carter late night hammer?

I think you spelled DeAndre Ayton wrong :)

• maddysdaddy0914

Assuming Paul is out, would Galloway not get the bigger boost? Carter played 32 minutes on Saturday as it is.

• JSteele

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Assuming Paul is out, would Galloway not get the bigger boost? Carter played 32 minutes on Saturday as it is.

I prefer to target players with multi-cat upside. Galloway is a scorer who will give you 15-20 points and not much else. Carter can get to 30 FPTs with like 8 real points. Galloway might get a boost but I don’t see how Carter doesn’t get a similar amount of minutes unless they push Paul and Booker more

• tmarohl

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Well, Cam Payne is out, so I would think Carter plays about the same, and Langston increases his minutes from the 16 he played. That is assuming CP3 is out. If CP3 plays, I would guess Carter and Langston both probably play about 20.

• tmarohl

CP3 is in.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Well, Cam Payne is out, so I would think Carter plays about the same, and Langston increases his minutes from the 16 he played. That is assuming CP3 is out. If CP3 plays, I would guess Carter and Langston both probably play about 20.

I know preseason games don’t really mirror any type of reality nor really identify trends, but Payne played 30 last game and Carter got 32 and Galloway 16. Do you think Paul’s going to play 30 tonight? I’m guessing Carter and Galloway fill the majority of backup guard minutes, however many that is but IMHO likely over 20.

• osuryanf

@frugal said...

I know preseason games don’t really mirror any type of reality nor really identify trends, but Payne played 30 last game and Carter got 32 and Galloway 16. Do you think Paul’s going to play 30 tonight? I’m guessing Carter and Galloway fill the majority of backup guard minutes, however many that is but IMHO likely over 20.

I don’t see them playing Paul much more than 20 minutes…. (disclaimer, I haven’t seen that anywhere… I just don’t see a scenario where they play a vet such as CP3 an extended amount of minutes tonight).

• billythekidcowboysheat

My heat I’m unsure on. They have a bunch of bodies, so it’s hard to pinpoint what happens.

Heat:

Jimmy- i doubt he suits up
    Bam- see jimmy, if so barely any run
    Goran- see bam
    Tyler- could get there if he gets even 20 mins, kid could get to 30 quickly, especially if the 3 above sit
    Duncan- depends on mins, but at 5.4 its a no.

Ok thats the significant guys who i assume wont get much run if at all. Now for some fun😎

Nunn- People in here know, kid could break slate open if he gets the reigns to himself for close to 30 mins.
    Kelly o- another guy who a fantasy wizard, but I’m unsure spo will give him enough mins, but if he were to get over 20 plus, he can for sure get there quickly.
    Meyer’s- no, just no
    Iggy- see Meyer’s
    Precious-🔥🔥🔥 ah! 1 of 2 of my favorite wildcards tonight, so kid should get run, possibly extended, from all I’ve heard, they’re high on this kid going into year 1. Could it be a baby bam🙊

Finally KZ- so this is the only other legitimate dfs play off of my heatles tonight. They’re high on kz, and another guy who if spo elects to rest some guys, and this kid gets a path to mins, I’ll have alot of interest in.

Others:
    Ab
    Mo hark
    Silva
    Ud
    Bj
    Gabe
    Straus
    Tyree
    Eboua

None of those guys you can warrent in dfs to me, ud won’t even play. So with all that being said…

I think obvisouly everyone will have 4 pelicans tonight with giannis, which is completely justified, i just wanted to give you guys some alternatives from my heat, because depending on what spo throws out there for a starting unit, there could be gems in there to win some💲💲💲

• rstylz

anyone think Hart gets run at SG?

If they are playing starters big minutes i don’t see why they would play any of the other SG with JJ and Bledsoe out.

• osuryanf

@rstylz said...

anyone think Hart gets run at SG?

If they are playing starters big minutes i don’t see why they would play any of the other SG with JJ and Bledsoe out.

should, yeh

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

My heat I’m unsure on. They have a bunch of bodies, so it’s hard to pinpoint what happens.

Heat:

Jimmy- i doubt he suits up
    Bam- see jimmy, if so barely any run
    Goran- see bam
    Tyler- could get there if he gets even 20 mins, kid could get to 30 quickly, especially if the 3 above sit
    Duncan- depends on mins, but at 5.4 its a no.

Ok thats the significant guys who i assume wont get much run if at all. Now for some fun😎

Nunn- People in here know, kid could break slate open if he gets the reigns to himself for close to 30 mins.
    Kelly o- another guy who a fantasy wizard, but I’m unsure spo will give him enough mins, but if he were to get over 20 plus, he can for sure get there quickly.
    Meyer’s- no, just no
    Iggy- see Meyer’s
    Precious-🔥🔥🔥 ah! 1 of 2 of my favorite wildcards tonight, so kid should get run, possibly extended, from all I’ve heard, they’re high on this kid going into year 1. Could it be a baby bam🙊

Finally KZ- so this is the only other legitimate dfs play off of my heatles tonight. They’re high on kz, and another guy who if spo elects to rest some guys, and this kid gets a path to mins, I’ll have alot of interest in.

Others:
    Ab
    Mo hark
    Silva
    Ud
    Bj
    Gabe
    Straus
    Tyree
    Eboua

None of those guys you can warrent in dfs to me, ud won’t even play. So with all that being said…

I think obvisouly everyone will have 4 pelicans tonight with giannis, which is completely justified, i just wanted to give you guys some alternatives from my heat, because depending on what spo throws out there for a starting unit, there could be gems in there to win some💲💲💲

Optimizers all love Silva

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Yeah, I am probably underestimating.

• Bdog76

So with the preseason being so short we can probably assume they run the starters a little longer tonight right? Almost everyone minus mavs jazz and the bigs from Cleveland played low to mid 20s what would you think most coaches would want to add to his starters run with only 1 game left before the season starts? 3-5 min? I understand some vets who are coming off injury or that may have issues staying healthy playing less but if Giles can do it most of them can lol.. Paul probably won’t as he is still having some soreness and they don’t wanna chance not having there big buy on the court opening day but on the other hand he needs to play some live minutes to start meshing if the offense runs through him so I would think he gets 15-20 tonight which eliminates him from consideration..then there are all the 30 minute guys from Saturday fighting for positions they should still get good minutes unless some coaches have already made some decisions..I believe there was a dozen who played 25 or more minutes Saturday minus Payne if he is out..and Alexander walker will prob be at sg for the pelicans with Bledsoe and jj out and hayes would play center for adams if he get another night off I would assume with of course ball Ingram and zion..

• tmarohl

Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes)
    Yahoo Sources: Chicago Bulls forward Noah Vonleh has tested positive for COVID-19 and begins mandatory 10-day quarantine. He will be waived. I’m told he is feeling good overall.

Twitter•Today at 2:50 PM

• jdtrey

@Bdog76 said...

I understand some vets who are coming off injury or that may have issues staying healthy playing less but if Giles can do it most of them can lol..

Giles is 22, on a new team, those are exactly the kind of guys we should target when starters are sitting / playing light minutes

• me_mike84

happy to see NBA back on DK even though it hasn’t really been that long lol

so DK doesn’t show the past preseason games…any sites out there that give the game log outside of NBA.com? not sure where to go tonight, my first night doing NBA preseason

• frugal

@me_mike84 said...

so DK doesn’t show the past preseason games…any sites out there that give the game log outside of NBA.com? not sure where to go tonight, my first night doing NBA preseason

ESPN.

• billythekidcowboysheat

God i wish hart was sg eligible, He’s the one pelican to me that you could either regret or be annoyed rostering tonight.

• Dfspacman

These first round rookies ain’t even getting much run, thought they will play a lot more..also did the magic coach mention Vucevic…. were going to get that much minutes yday?

• BiGtIGeRs

@me_mike84 said...

Tonight is my first and only time I will ever do preseason. I will wait for the regular season regardless of how tonight goes. Preseason is more about evaluating the rookies and bench players

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

@me_mike84 said...

You should be using NBA.com. You can switch between traditional, advanced, and usage box score. You can sort by qtr, by half, or any range you want. So say you want to see usage rates for the 1st half only. Or usage rate for 2nd unit. Its possible

• frugal

@Dfspacman said...

These first round rookies ain’t even getting much run, thought they will play a lot more..also did the magic coach mention Vucevic…. were going to get that much minutes yday?

I think the condensed preseason is affecting things a bit. We’re seeing more of the 2nd year player testing of expanded roles than letting rookies run wild so far. I think you can expect every team to increase starter minutes game by game and I doubt we get the throwaway rest game which typically happens with the final preseason game.

• me_mike84

@theIrrigator said...

You should be using NBA.com. You can switch between traditional, advanced, and usage box score. You can sort by qtr, by half, or any range you want. So say you want to see usage rates for the 1st half only. Or usage rate for 2nd unit. Its possible

oh cool, i didn’t know that. thanks a lot!

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Do we think Richard Rubio gets more run today than last game? Or are they happy having him out there for 12 minutes again?

• tmarohl

Billy the Kid, Do you like Silva or is Precious or Opaka the way to go in your opinion?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).