6:00 PM EST : Philadelphia at Indiana
    7:00 PM EST : Miami at Toronto
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland at New York
    8:00 PM EST : Boston at Brooklyn
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee at New Orleans
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago at Oklahoma City
    9:00 PM EST : Portland at Denver
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers at Phoenix

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

Payton, Ntilikina and Noel are out tonight.

OMG, is it Smith Jr time?

EDIT: NM< he’s out too? Wow.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Did you see this?

Now that’s he’s exercised the demons out of the arena and purified the air, he should be good.

He is taking all the heat off KD. Maybe he is doing it on purpose

• miggs6876

@Njsum1 said...

Middleton is priced a little better to take on that risk. And he’s SG/Sf eligible.

Point guard, you got Kyrie and Dame looking at 30 minutes, and the value guys, so for me Jrue is a little less enticing at 7900, however, he could do enough or more than dame and Kyrie in less minutes. Matchup is better, yet I’m not sure I’ll have any Jrue

I’m playing Jrue on fd. Salary is of no concern there. His upside is worth the risk. Only playing a couple of line ups. Wondering if he’s more preferred over Booker, Barrett, Middleton, or CJ. I already locked in LaVine.

• monarch

Quickly is the trap play

• noddy

Is Middleton safe for cash?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Did you see this?

Now that’s he’s exercised the demons out of the arena and purified the air, he should be good.

Just when I thought I couldn’t dislike someone any more, he goes and does something like this. I’m playing one lineup tonight in the slam and I can’t help but play him.

I will not let my personal feelings on a player affect my dfs decisions

• megatronswanson

@monarch said...

Quickly is the trap play

I watched him play last game. Dude hustles and his jumper is wet. Thibs will give him all the mins in the world tonight, so he’s far from a trap. But hopefully a lot of people’s initial thoughts are similar to yours because he’s an unknown entity and will be virtually ignored.

• frugal

Anyone know anything about Quickley outside having a perfect name to be an NBA guard?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Quickly is the trap play

I don’t know. He is gonna play most the game

• monarch

@megatronswanson said...

I watched him play last game. Dude hustles and his jumper is wet. Thibs will give him all the mins in the world tonight, so he’s far from a trap. But hopefully a lot of people’s initial thoughts are similar to yours because he’s an unknown entity and will be virtually ignored.

How many Knicks do you suggest we play? He wont be anywhere near Barrett and you would suggest we play Quickly over Randle and Robinson? Quickly was like a .75 FPPM the other night and now he shares the floor with the high usage players.

• megatronswanson

Minimum 30 minutes against the Cavs for a guy who plays hard and shoots well? Not worried about his usage alongside Randle and RJ because he’ll be on the floor plenty without them. Also, it’s preseason so the alpha mentality from guys like RJ and Randle is not as pronounced. Sure, they’ll have the ball more and demand more looks, but Quickley’s no slouch.

• megatronswanson

But I’m not suggesting to go all in or anything. Sprinkle a few shares throughout your lines because he’s a low owned upside play.

• Njsum1

@Sleazygreazy said...

Just when I thought I couldn’t dislike someone any more, he goes and does something like this. I’m playing one lineup tonight in the slam and I can’t help but play him.

Lmao….yeah he’s not the most likable dude
    Yet I like the spot and potential minutes, yet I don’t like playing him either..hahahahahahah

• monarch

@megatronswanson said...

Minimum 30 minutes against the Cavs for a guy who plays hard and shoots well? Not worried about his usage alongside Randle and RJ because he’ll be on the floor plenty without them. Also, it’s preseason so the alpha mentality from guys like RJ and Randle is not as pronounced. Sure, they’ll have the ball more and demand more looks, but Quickley’s no slouch.

So you are playing four Knicks on a seven game slate?

Thibs also said Harper and Pinson are playing so his all game run quickly became less than that.

• RipCityRings

In terms of pay-up guard plays I’m way more comfortable rostering Jrue than Dame tonight. Blazers have depth for the first time in a long time, even if Dame plays 30 he’s not going to be in alpha scorer mode here. Jrue’s peripherals are huge regardless of his minutes. I’d also probably give the nod to Kyrie over Dame since KD seems to be easing back into things and Kyrie seems to be vaguely motivated at the moment. Both are a little too scoring-dependent though, so if CHI starters are getting minutes I’d rather take LaVine.

• monarch

I like SGA bounce back. We have no idea what Daigenault is doing. He may go full dress rehearsal.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Thibs also said Harper and Pinson are playing so his all game run quickly became less than that.

Not in the same line up. I can see having 3. You don’t HAVE to play Randle tonight, I don’t think. Not with Durant/Ingram/Zion.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

I’ll probably grab a couple shares of these cheap guards but there is a lot of other guys for a few hundred more that will probably have a chance to smash past 30 and most likely scenario for Quickly and Straus is 25-28 fpts

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Lmao….yeah he’s not the most likable dude
    Yet I like the spot and potential minutes, yet I don’t like playing him either..hahahahahahah

https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/12/17/22187725/with-caris-levert-back-how-does-steve-nash-prepare-rotation-for-regular-game

This guys lays out his minutes projections for the Nets. We think Levert gets 25 mins? maybe I could play him instead

• megatronswanson

@monarch said...

Dude, it’s not that complicated. Yes, I’m going to play four Knicks ACROSS 20 lines. Not all in the same lineup, although the extreme concentration of mins and ease of matchup doesn’t completely rule out that scenario. I won’t do it, though because there’s other high-upside plays I want exposure to. It’s all about managing your core.

• noddy

Drummond anyone?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Not in the same line up. I can see having 3. You don’t HAVE to play Randle tonight, I don’t think. Not with Durant/Ingram/Zion.

Thats true about Randle. I think KD is going to be putting up rather pedestrian DFS outputs for awhile relative to his price. His rebounding and assist rates should be low for him

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@RipCityRings said...

even if Dame plays 30

I think if Dame plays 30 I want to have him. I’ve been debating this one. Blazers got kinda punked last game, I don’t think Dame really likes that kinda stuff and would want to come out early and lay it down….but is that enough. Preseason man, who tf knows

• frugal

@noddy said...

Drummond anyone?

• tmarohl

Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso)
    #Cavs are going with a small-ball lineup tonight for their final preseason game against the Knicks:

Darius Garland, Collin Sexton, Isaac Okoro, Cedi Osman and JaVale McGee.

Andre Drummond will not play, and Dante Exum is still doubtful at the moment.

Twitter•Today at 5:11 PM

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).