NBA FORUM

Comments

• McDanos

YES

• gaelicgirl

YEAH, BABY!

How will the sites handle the games with foreign teams?

• KindGuy

@gaelicgirl said...

YEAH, BABY!

How will the sites handle the games with foreign teams?

Those games won’t be on the slate. Imagine how much of a headache that would be for research though haha.

• gaelicgirl

@elementasrat said...

Those games won’t be on the slate. Imagine how much of a headache that would be for research though haha.

That makes sense, it would be crazy trying to pick players from the Beijing Ducks LOL
    So the first 2-game slate will be on the 29th, then. I wish more than a handful of preseason games would be nationally televised, but I guess it wouldn’t be cost-effective. I think it would’ve been fun to watch our teams play teams from other countries.

• Trappist1

@gaelicgirl said...

That makes sense, it would be crazy trying to pick players from the Beijing Ducks LOL
    So the first 2-game slate will be on the 29th, then. I wish more than a handful of preseason games would be nationally televised, but I guess it wouldn’t be cost-effective. I think it would’ve been fun to watch our teams play teams from other countries.

Does the Bejing Ducks coach play mind games on whether the players will start or get benched ? NBA mind games and team news drama is a soap opera itself.

• gaelicgirl

@Trappist1 said...

Does the Bejing Ducks coach play mind games on whether the players will start or get benched ?

Dāngrán!

• mtdurham

I won a ton of money in NBA preaseason on Draftkings in 1999* by playing Master P on the Charlotte Hornets on his big night. MAKE EM SAY UHHHHHHHH

https://www.complex.com/sports/2015/08/master-p-nba-career-oral-history

With P on the bench to start the game, the crowd, which included No Limit artists C-Murder**, Mia X, Mystikal, and Mr. Serv-On, chanted, “We want P! We want P!” Their request was granted. P soon entered the game, and quickly hit a three-pointer. He held three fingers in the air. One fan waved a sign reading: “Goodbye MJ; Hello Master P.”

In 16 minutes of action, Master P had 9 points on 3-6 shooting, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, and 1 turnover in the teal team’s 83-77 win over the black team. After the contest, P told reporters, “I know that’s what I can bring to the league. I’ve got a big following and sold a lot of records. I just came to show the world I can play basketball.”

Okay not really, i wasn’t on Draftkings yet and Master P was pure chalk that night I’m sure. I was 17 and I was at the game though making them say uhhhh.with the rest of the crowd. I think that’s the night my Dad figured out I would never amount to anything in life.

And in case you were wondering. Yes, C-Murda is in jail now. For actually murdering someone. It wasn’t just a clever name.

• KindGuy

2 more weeks!

• gaelicgirl

@elementasrat said...

2 more weeks!

34 days until opening night…Did you hear Westbrick had arthroscopic knee surgery? He’ll be re-evaluated in 4 weeks.
    Thunder at Warriors opening night, 5 weeks from yesterday…hmmm.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

2 more weeks!

• KindGuy

@gaelicgirl said...

34 days until opening night…Did you hear Westbrick had arthroscopic knee surgery? He’ll be re-evaluated in 4 weeks.
    Thunder at Warriors opening night, 5 weeks from yesterday…hmmm.

Lol yup I just saw the headline. It’s going to be really unfortunate for the Thunder when they build great chemistry in training camp and then Westbrick returns just to ruin it all during the regular season. All so he can get his worthless triple doubles on the backs of hard working players like Steven Adams!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@elementasrat said...

Lol yup I just saw the headline. It’s going to be really unfortunate for the Thunder when they build great chemistry in training camp and then Westbrick returns just to ruin it all during the regular season. All so he can get his worthless triple doubles on the backs of hard working players like Steven Adams!

I’m not a big Westbrook guy by any means, but if he was really that egocentric and selfish of a player why would PG13 re-up with OKC? It made no sense for him to announce that, that quickly unless he actually liked playing with him.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not a big Westbrook guy by any means, but if he was really that egocentric and selfish of a player why would PG13 re-up with OKC?

Because he’d rather play second banana to Russ than LeBron?

Also, 4 years $137 million.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Because he’d rather play second banana to Russ than LeBron?

Maybe. He could have went to Philly though.

• KindGuy

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not a big Westbrook guy by any means, but if he was really that egocentric and selfish of a player why would PG13 re-up with OKC? It made no sense for him to announce that, that quickly unless he actually liked playing with him.

I’m not gonna lie, that decision left me scratching my head.

All I could think of was stockholm syndrome.

Just kidding! Kind of……….

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe. He could have went to Philly though.

Aside from the money, maybe he sees OKC as more of a contender than Philly. Once they get Roberson back they could be pretty formidable, even in a tough Western conference. Still a lot of question marks in Philly, and the Celtics look poised to be the new King in the East.

• scott33

• KindGuy

14 days left…..

• gaelicgirl

Someone should make an Advent calendar with a different player under every window for the NBA faithful.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Can’t wait! The only crappy part is that I can’t do a Cavs stack with LeBron anymore, lol! I might have to do a Lakers stack and the only bastard I’d mess with from the Cavs is maybe Kevin Love and that’s it.

• kwame724

the east teams are going to have very cheap stacks to counterract expensive west chalk on slates so lineup build should be easy at least first two weeks of nba season

• mtdurham

I had a 1% owned no name (pure luck, i didnt know who he was) spring for like 40 FPS one night in summer league

I only needed like 27 to finish first and 20 to finish 2nd from a guy averaging 42 FPS (#1 in all of summer league at the time i believe) for portland to win a $5,000 GPP in Summer league….

The moron ended up sitting the game out… I was with the folks that evening so I didnt have time to scour the internet for every piece of injury/lineups summer league info…not sure if that would have made the difference or if the scarcity of summer league information woulda gotten me anyway.

Ive been awaiting NBA so bad… but preseason… my god….i just dont know if i can take another one like that lol…. but who am i kidding, im playing..

• mtdurham

@gaelicgirl said...

Aside from the money, maybe he sees OKC as more of a contender than Philly. Once they get Roberson back they could be pretty formidable, even in a tough Western conference. Still a lot of question marks in Philly, and the Celtics look poised to be the new King in the East.

OKC was actually playing at a REALLY high level right before Roberson got hurt… their last ten games running in the power ratings they were #2 in the league…

They took awhile to gel and they fell apart without Roberson (partially due to Roberson being a great player, partially due to horrendous depth)

But somewhere in between they were rolling. And Im no Westbrook fan either

• mtdurham

@kwame724 said...

the east teams are going to have very cheap stacks to counterract expensive west chalk on slates so lineup build should be easy at least first two weeks of nba season

Had a lot of success in NBA showdown but not so much in regular season…

what kind of stacks are effective in NBA?

I understand the concept of running it back with an opponent but not so much with a team… im guessing you need guys who complement each other…rebounder with a scorer…. or passer with a scoring forward

• McDanos

mmmmm…they’re playin basketball……..in 13 days….YESSSS

• McDanos

@mtdurham said...

Had a lot of success in NBA showdown but not so much in regular season…

what kind of stacks are effective in NBA?

I understand the concept of running it back with an opponent but not so much with a team… im guessing you need guys who complement each other…rebounder with a scorer…. or passer with a scoring forward

It’s all variable with stacks in NBA. Good teams with multiple scorers are easy..bad teams with one semi-supahstah..not so much…all about matchups and game flow. You’ve got the right idea though…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).