7:00 PM ET: MIL Bucks (+3.5) at DET Pistons — T: 166.5
    7:30 PM ET: BOS Celtics (+2) at PHI 76ers — T: 168.5
    9:00 PM ET: CLE Cavaliers (-2) at WAS Wizards — T: 167.5
    9:30 PM ET: DAL Mavericks (+3) at PHO Suns — T: 173.5
    11:00 PM ET: DEN Nuggets (+1.5) at MIN TWolves — T: 165.5
    11:30 PM ET: LA Clippers (pick) at GS Warriors — T: 165.5

• gaelicgirl

• Supersharpie

I think there is going to be a lot of overlay today but that is par for the course when DK introduces a new form of competition.

• cjeagle3

Outside of looking at rosters and crossing off veterans is there any form of analysis?

Are there rookies that may not play?

• mstanley

Will RG Br doing any sort of article/analysis?

• cjeagle3

Lineup Builder and a good analysis article would make things really fun here but I’m going to assume it’s going to be more so hand lineups full of random plays.

• GenoMcCoy

Of course I’m playing NBA summer league, I can’t wait. The lineup builder would be a huge help with trying to figure out these rosters.

• frugal

Lineup builder just can’t help with this guys as there’s not enough statistical info to model anything. SL is going to be a crapshoot if you don’t regularly follow basketball outside the NBA.

Here are the keys to SL and preseason NBA:

1. Second year players will dominate…when they play. Some teams will run out their second year guys for a game or 2 playing full minutes or for halves of multiple games. Be careful here though as these guys typically do not play every game. The 1st game of the LV tournament should be safe, but while these guys have great upside they could easily be a late scratch any given game.

2. Focus on lottery picks. These are (supposed to be) the best up and coming talent and as such have almost as high upside as the 2nd year players but are safer in terms of minutes.

3. Use 2nd round picks and G-League studs to back fill value.

• TheRyanFlaherty

There are a lot of layers to this.
    First victory will be picking guys who are playing and/or getting good minutes. That alone is going to feel like a victory lol

• ertlt

Logged in and it said Summer League is not available to NY users. Why?

• ImYaHuckleberry412

Wait is this starting for Vegas summer league, so there are no stats yet?

• Supersharpie

@ImYaHuckleberry412 said...

Yup…total crapshoot

• frugal

@ImYaHuckleberry412 said...

A handful of teams played in the prior smaller tournaments, so you could look at say GSW’s or PHO’s rotation and stats to try and figure out how they’ll rotate players in this tournament (note… their best players all got a DNP in at least 1 of the 3 games). There are also lot’s of G-League guys playing in the tournament, some who have played several years already. But those stats mean next to nothing as minutes, outside the lottery studs, will be very unpredictable.

• leib0039

Alex Poythress “poised to have a big summer league” gets waived today. SO does that mean he is still on the summer league team or….? They play the first game, guessing no way we get a starting lineup ha

• sethayates

@leib0039 said...

Alex Poythress “poised to have a big summer league” gets waived today. SO does that mean he is still on the summer league team or….? They play the first game, guessing no way we get a starting lineup ha

As far as I can tell Poythress is still playing. The Pacers had to waive someone to sign Kyle O’Quinn and Poythress contract wasn’t guaranteed yet. His expectations are still the same for Summer League. If he plays well, they’ll find him a spot and invite to camp. He’s still playing for a camp invite despite being waived from the NBA roster today.

• cjeagle3

I saw Buycks was waived too. You’re telling me guys that aren’t even on the team are good plays for SL. Getting wilder by the minute. Any suggestions Yates?

• sethayates

@frugal said...

Lineup builder just can’t help with this guys as there’s not enough statistical info to model anything. SL is going to be a crapshoot if you don’t regularly follow basketball outside the NBA.

Here are the keys to SL and preseason NBA:

1. Second year players will dominate…when they play. Some teams will run out their second year guys for a game or 2 playing full minutes or for halves of multiple games. Be careful here though as these guys typically do not play every game. The 1st game of the LV tournament should be safe, but while these guys have great upside they could easily be a late scratch any given game.

2. Focus on lottery picks. These are (supposed to be) the best up and coming talent and as such have almost as high upside as the 2nd year players but are safer in terms of minutes.

3. Use 2nd round picks and G-League studs to back fill value.

Yesterday I downloaded the last two seasons worth of stats to try and get an idea of how summer league goes. The stats backup what you are saying here. The players you want to target are high drafts picks and second year guys.

Here is a Google sheet with the entire DK player pool and their stats if applicable as well as height, weight and experience. Note: If someone shows #N/A in the height weight category it means they aren’t on the teams summer league roster. Example: Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot is listed on DK but not on the 76ers summer league roster. Also note that Doncic is not likely to lay either as he hasn’t signed his contract and his FIBA buyout isn’t done yet.

https://twitter.com/SethayatesDFS/status/1015018712691339264

• sethayates

@cjeagle3 said...

I saw Buycks was waived too. You’re telling me guys that aren’t even on the team are good plays for SL. Getting wilder by the minute. Any suggestions Yates?

Buycks is a different situation. He’s not on the Pistons Summer League roster per NBA.com so no he’s not playing.

Example 1: Pistons Summer League Roster (No Buycks) http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2018/players?team=pistons

Example 2: Pacers Summer League Roster (Poythress included) http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2018/players?team=pacers

• sethayates

For what it is worth, I believe there are a total of 10 players listed on DK that aren’t on the Summer League roster listed on NBA.com. They are included in this tweet

https://twitter.com/SethayatesDFS/status/1015014833333391360

Note: Bruce Brown Jr. is on the Pistons roster. He was Bruce Brown Jr. on DK but Bruce Brown on NBA so =VLOOKUP messed that one up. The rest are accurate I believe not that anyone is playing most of those guys except TLC mentioned above.

• KindGuy

If you guys watch CBB, you’ll have a leg up as you’ll know who is really talented and has that alpha mentality.

• stats99tuff

I tried to get a idea by looking at summer league games already played (obviously not vegas) NUNN pg GS avg about 30 mins a game, We know Damion Jones and Bell are your 2 year players. (If they play)

Teague is a G-league big time player playing on TOR summer team.

Im just mixing and matching. LeVert, Monk, should have it easy depending on how much run they receive.

Sexton Cavs PG should get some solid run.. I mean no Lebron they obviously have to see what the kids got.

Brice Johnson is cheap, has nba experience..

If you google summer league ESPN breaks down the players to watch for each team in a article.

• gaelicgirl

Just went to look at my LUs and I see DK has Bell and Jones listed as out, because they sat yesterday.
    This seems a little deceptive, but I see they get their info from Rotowire.

• sethayates

@gaelicgirl said...

Just went to look at my LUs and I see DK has Bell and Jones listed as out, because they sat yesterday.
    This seems a little deceptive, but I see they get their info from Rotowire.

Those don’t update until a confirmed source provides a new status. In MLB yesterday they had Johnny Cueto listed as a probable starter but also marked with an “O.” Even though it was known he would be activated from the DL prior to the game he hadn’t been officially. It’s always worse with these fringe sports too because not many sources are out there tweeting about Jordan Bell status until right before the game. Probably not a bad leverage play.

• frugal

@sethayates said...

For what it is worth, I believe there are a total of 10 players listed on DK that aren’t on the Summer League roster listed on NBA.com. They are included in this tweet

https://twitter.com/SethayatesDFS/status/1015014833333391360

Note: Bruce Brown Jr. is on the Pistons roster. He was Bruce Brown Jr. on DK but Bruce Brown on NBA so =VLOOKUP messed that one up. The rest are accurate I believe not that anyone is playing most of those guys except TLC mentioned above.

Oh wow, I had Munford in a line up. Good catch.

• gaelicgirl

I can’t get my edits to stick! How do you save changes in DK?

NVM, I think I figured it out. I was trying to do it from the Lineups page rather than the Contests page.

• KindGuy

OMG you guys are so lucky. Gonna be a TON of overlay on DK!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).