CFB FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

I’m going to be handling college football weather forecasts again this year. Admittedly, it is a fairly overwhelming task, feels like there is 100 games every week, and trying to stay on top of a personalized forecast for each of them is difficult if not impossible. I won’t be able to pinpoint rain like I can for MLB, it will be a more generalized “chance of showers” or “thunderstorms likely”. I’ll start out by manually forecasting for each of the games in the top 25, adding them in if there’s weather worth mentioning… then use automated forecasts on cities with games outside the top 25 (and add them in if notable)… I’ll see how that goes and adjust my plans if needed.

TOP 25

FL A&M @ UCF – Low chance of rain, light winds

TX St. @ TX A&M – Low chance of rain, light winds

Utah @ BYU – Low chance of rain, light winds.

Wisconsin @ South FL – Good chance of showers and storms. Light winds (impacts of Dorian not yet felt).

Northern Iowa @ Iowa St – Chance for passing showers.

South Alabama @ Nebraska – Chance for showers early.

Middle TN @ Michigan – Scattered showers possible.

Miami (OH) @ Iowa – Scattered showers possible.

Notable outside Top 25

Robert Morris @ Buffalo – About a 15mph sustained wind, maybe a bit more early, a bit less late.

Albany @ Central Michigan – 20mph sustained winds.

James Madison @ WV – Chance for rain.

Bucknell @ Temple – Chance for rain.

Eastern Michigan @ Coastal Carolina – Chance for rain.

Holy Cross @ Navy – Chance for rain.

Cambell @ Troy – Chance for rain.

Boise St @ FL State – Game moved to Tally, light winds, chance for rain.

Alcorn St @ Southern Miss – Chance for ain.

Georgia Southern @ LSU – Chance for rain.

Virginia @ PIT – Good chance for rain.

OK… that about covers week 1. Any tips on what you want to see or what you don’t want to see would be much appreciated.

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).