CBB FORUM

Comments

• 40coach

Let’s hear your favorite bets for this coming weekend. I’m kinda liking LSU -1.5, MU +2, and Santa Barbara +7.

• TopDawgs07

It’s early, but there isn’t a great deal of time to put together picks for the 1st round either. Early on, I like: UCLA/MSU winner over BYU, Georgia Tech +1, Va Tech +1, Syracuse +3, Winthrop +6, Georgetown +4.5, St. Bonnie +2, VCU +6, and UCSB +6.5.

• monarch

I like St Bonaventure as well. They get on the offensive glass and LSU does not protect their backboard.

• 40coach

Are you guys not worried about LSU just being able to flat outscore them?

• monarch

@40coach said...

Are you guys not worried about LSU just being able to flat outscore them?

I haven’t seen a lot of LSU. Kenpom has St Bon winning this game. While LSU plays at the 47th fastest pace the Bonnies defense makes teams play at the 297th fastest pace (5th overall def efficiency) and they don’t turn it over and LSU is 200th in the nation at forcing turnovers then the Bonnies are projected to rebound at or around 34 percent of their misses in this game so I don’t see how LSU dictates pace against a team that won both their league and conference tournament and that was on the #2 seeds home floor to boot.

• marker0357

looking at Ohio +7.5, UCSB +6,5, Colgate +9, St Bon +1.5 and SDSU -3. I expect carnage in the 1st round actually. I think this is the year where anything goes.

• TopDawgs07

I haven’t seen a lot of UCSB, can anyone elaborate on them? When looking at the first round, I am also keeping an eye on Villanova, Virginia, and Creighton. None of them gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling heading into the tournament. That’s the main reason I mentioned UCSB, even without seeing them play, I like their matchup with Creighton.

• marker0357

Villa has their top player injured. UVA was out due to COVID so we’ll need to see how that impacts who plays for them. It could be that they will all be eligible. I think the same is true for Kansas.

• marker0357

FDSB has a no brainer for MSU/UCLA game.

• TopDawgs07

I’m really surprised there isn’t more discussion on this topic.

• 40coach

@monarch said...

I haven’t seen a lot of LSU. Kenpom has St Bon winning this game. While LSU plays at the 47th fastest pace the Bonnies defense makes teams play at the 297th fastest pace (5th overall def efficiency) and they don’t turn it over and LSU is 200th in the nation at forcing turnovers then the Bonnies are projected to rebound at or around 34 percent of their misses in this game so I don’t see how LSU dictates pace against a team that won both their league and conference tournament and that was on the #2 seeds home floor to boot.

I think you have changed my mind.

• Theelegantelk

I think all this Winthrop talk is huge trap. Everyone in the world seems to think they win this game, creating a lot of value on Villanova.

It’s still Jay Wright, and it’s still March…even without the PG.

• monarch

@Theelegantelk said...

I think all this Winthrop talk is huge trap. Everyone in the world seems to think they win this game, creating a lot of value on Villanova.

I agree. Give an overall more talented/proven team five days to prepare then I like that. It is the one day turnarounds where they are vulnerable.

Tom Izzo is 19-3 in the Round of 32 games. Not someone you want to see in a quick turnaround.

• TopDawgs07

@Theelegantelk said...

I’m not sure that I’m overly sold on Winthrop, but I do have concerns for Villanova. They have a great coach and great talent, but losing Gillespie is a major blow. Losing a veteran PG is troublesome, and they honestly haven’t looked very good since then either. The question to me is if Winthrop can be good enough to pull of the win.

• TopDawgs07

Does anyone have a Sportsline membership or have access to their bracket? I’m just curious what they predict.

• marker0357

I’m playing a couple of 2 team upset special parlays. I think this may be the year.

• TopDawgs07

I settled on Ohio +7.5, Loyola -2, UCSB +6.5, and Rutgers -1.5.

I also have a parlay with Ohio, UCSB, and Winthrop.

• Moszman

Sec fan here, LSU should roll, team has very talented players on both ends of the ball.

• monarch

Here to take the L on the Bonnies. They looked horrible. Crushed on the boards, cannot hit a shot. Recipe for disaster.

• 40coach

Bonnie’s crushed my soul….need the texas/abil over tonight to finish off a nice parlay and the vcu/ oregon over to hit another parlay.

• 40coach

Well didn’t do great this weekend. Hope you guys had better luck than I did. Had a buddy who missed a 5 team parlay for $73k last night when Rutgers lost. Another friend hit 10k on a slot machine Sat night, dinner was good that night.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).