INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• davez

I live in Idaho ( a banned dfs state… lame ) and drive to Oregon to deposit and enter Fanduel lineups. I recently won $1300. Am I going to have trouble withdrawing. I didn’t deposit through PayPal although I wish I had. So I will have to have a check sent to me. Will they send it to me here in Idaho. Help, am super worried I can’t get my winnings.

• JustDFSin

Do you know anybody in the DFS community you can trust? You can “lose” it to them in a head 2 head matchup and have them send you the money as a favor

• JustDFSin

@davez said...

I live in Idaho ( a banned dfs state… lame ) and drive to Oregon to deposit and enter Fanduel lineups. I recently won $1300. Am I going to have trouble withdrawing. I didn’t deposit through PayPal although I wish I had. So I will have to have a check sent to me. Will they send it to me here in Idaho. Help, am super worried I can’t get my winnings.

When you signed up they have your home address right?

• davez

I don’t but that is a good idea

• davez

Oh yeah, they do have my address but I signed up when it was legal. I won $5000 back then and they sent me a check then. It seems like I’ve heard that other people in our community travel to legal states and do the same thing I do. I need to find out how they withdraw

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Posting your information on a public site like this is probably not the best idea as you try to sneak in a withdrawal given you live in a banned state.

• OSU_Bucknut

@JustDFSin said...

Do you know anybody in the DFS community you can trust? You can “lose” it to them in a head 2 head matchup and have them send you the money as a favor

Wouldn’t said person have to claim the withdrawal on their taxes?

It’s been 2 years since I’ve withdrawn enough to even bother looking this up, but I remember something along the lines of withdrawing over $699 (Might have been $599, can’t remember exactly) has to be reported on your taxes.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I know that at the time, it was illegal in Texas. I live in a state where DFS was legal. I was coming back to my home state where it’s legal but I had a stopover in Texas and it wouldn’t let me access FanDuel at the time because I was stopped over in Texas to withdraw my money. I had to wait until I got on the plane and out of Texas airspace to withdraw it. I’m thinking maybe you should try driving out of state and withdrawing it there and then come back to Idaho. I noticed at the time that they usually block you by the state you currently are at. Just because you reside in Idaho doesn’t mean you can’t play. You just can’t be in it when you’re playing and these fantasy sites know folks travel to areas where it is legal. I’d try doing that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.