STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• NeonKnight

I am brand new to fantasy sports and have never played a contest before and would greatly appreciate insight into answering some questions I have before I decide to sign up and join your site.

I have searched for definitive answers via websites, forums, etc… and was unable to find answers to my questions that made any sense to me.
    Regarding selecting a daily fantasy football roster or lineup across multiple time-framed contests.

Simply put, You have your Sunday 1PM contests, 4:30PM and evening 8:30PM contests, Monday Night contest and Thursday night contest.

Now – Here is where the confusion for me remains…

These questions are specific to DraftKings DFF, I’m not sure if this would also apply to the other DFS sites like FanDuel, Fantasy Aces etc…

I emailed DraftKings support multiple times with the contents of this post and was initially told by the rep that they were unable to give me any information on how to put a roster together. So I’m hoping that some kind people here may be able to help me understand this process so I can play, at least knowing that I am selecting my rosters in the correct format.

While selecting my roster: Let’s say it’s Sunday Morning prior to the first set of Sunday 1PM match-ups

QUESTION:
    1) If I am going to participate in a few Early contests, a few later contests and the late contest.
    For my first contests (1PM contests), am I only selecting a football roster of players based on the competing teams for the 1PM time slot or should I be selecting players for my roster based on my research that show some of my picks are playing in later games as well?

Hypothetically,
    Let’s say @ 1PM the Eagles play the Giants – Chargers play the Saints – Ravens play the Bengals etc…
    and the 430PM games Steelers play the Jets – Falcons play the Chiefs – 49ers play the Seahawks and the Sunday Night game is Rams play the Bills

QUESTION: (Hypothetical Matchups)
    Would this be a correct way to construct my roster? (Using team names instead of players to be clear) see below:
    QB: Eagles (1PM game)
    RB: Chiefs (4:30PM game)
    RB: Jets (4:30PM game)
    WR: Ravens (1PM game)
    WR: Rams (8:30PM game)
    WR: Bengals (1PM game)
    TE: Saints (1PM game)
    Flex: 49ers (4:30PM game)
    DST: Bills (8:30PM game)

QUESTIONS:
    If this correct, when would my overall score be posted? How does this all work?
    If this is correct, and the 1PM contest I have entered has ended, but all of my players have not played as of yet, is my roster still active in that contest or the remaining contests that I have entered for that day?

If this is NOT a correct way to construct my roster, should I be concerned only with selecting players for a roster that that are playing at a particular time (ie: 1PM) and synchronizing the 1PM players

with only the 1PM contests?

I am also interested in participating in the Sunday Night, Monday Night and Thursday Night contests as well.

According to the contest rules that I have read on your website Quoted: “ Rosters will consist of 9 players and must include players from at least 2 different NFL teams, and representing at least 2

different football games.”

Would someone be kind enough to give a couple of examples as how one would go about playing in a Sunday Night contest (1 game – 2 teams) – Monday Night contest (1 game – 2 teams) – Thursday

Night contest (1 game – 2 teams) as well as the contests I see listed as [Sun-Mon], [Thurs] on the Draftkings site?

I would greatly appreciate any and all information that would help for me to understand how I am able to enter into these contests. Examples would be extremely helpful.

Please be as clear and as detailed as possible in your responses so that I am able to understand exactly how to participate and play correctly.

I’m looking forward to your responses.

Thank you kindly for your time and input

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

Each contest you enter will have a player pool that is available to you.

Most games that have the Sunday 1PM start time will consist of all Sunday games and the Monday night game. So scores won’t be finalized until the end of the Monday night game.

Same thing goes for Thursday night games, again the player pool will have all available players for you to select. And will also end with the conclusion of the Monday night game.

There are Primetime Games, this would include the Sunday night and Monday night games. So that would give you 4 teams to choose from.

The time listed is just the starting time of the contest. When you are making your lineup you will also see a list of games that the players can be chosen from. But yes, you can construct your lineup with whatever players are listed in the player pool.

• bestintheworld

BITW

Sunday 1PM games should be specific that they are 1pm ONLY. You would only choose players from those games. Players from Thursday (tonight), Sunday 4pm, the Sunday night game and Monday night games would not be available for you to choose from.

Thursday games begin Thursday and end Monday night. All of the players available from tonight until Monday would be available to choose from.

Sunday/Monday: Sunday 1PM, 4PM, Sunday Night & Monday night you would be able to choose from.

There’s also Sunday afternoon (only) which means the players in games that start at 4pm would be available, but not the Sunday (or Monday night) games. There’s also contests that begin Sunday afternoon and include the Sunday night & Monday night games.

There’s also as you mentioned the Sunday night/Monday night games, this means only players in the Sunday night game and Monday night game would be available. (Same with Monday/Thursday, the players that are available for Monday with Sea/Was would be available and the players in next Thursday night’s game) would be available.

Giving you specific examples wouldn’t be helpful. A lot of us have gone through trial and error and have lost before we ever profited a dime. The rules are pretty easy to understand; you’ve just got to look at the contests and player pools. If they’re not in the player pool, they’re not available for you to choose from and thus should make it easier for you to eliminate those players from consideration.

• NeonKnight

Thank you for your responses guys. Now I have a little better understanding of what to look for while selecting a roster. Now I just need to practice, trial and error so I can see first hand how it all comes together.
    Much appreciated.
    Best of luck to you.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).