MAIN FORUM

Comments

• DontThrowPick6

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/breaking-ufc-new-tv-deal-details.3473967/

Looks like the new owners are trimming down the events to around 30 in 2018 where 2016 saw total of 40 events. Also a lot of fighters are cut or have declined to renew contracts (likely because of massive paycut).

Misha, Larkin, Perez, Horiguchi, and Krylov are notables.

• ChipsWarMedals

Maybe DK starts having Bellator slates to compensate for fewer events. Having a more notable fighter pool helps draw more interest to these potential Bellator slates as well

• johnnyj580

Honestly, I know it makes for less DFS opportunities, but as a fight fan, I’m kind of glad.

1) There have been a ton of watered down UFC events over the past two years that I, as a fairly avid fan, had little interest in. I can only imagine what it didn’t do for the casuals.

2) There will be some talent run-off heading to Bellator. Increased competition between fight leagues is always a good thing.

I’m not sure, but I think the UFC may have an exclusivity agreement with Draftkings?

• BBROCK

• Ranked #12

RG Tiered Ranking

UFC is watered down, used to love the sport and now it sucks.

• MMathison04

@johnnyj580 said...

I’m not sure, but I think the UFC may have an exclusivity agreement with Draftkings?

Pretty sure that ended last year.

• Ronnyb

You can’t have bellator their undercard is full of fighters with less than 3 or 4 fights

• therayray81

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2012 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

@Ronnyb said...

You can’t have bellator their undercard is full of fighters with less than 3 or 4 fights

Not sure how you can complain when the UFC will put you on the main card with no fighting experience at all.

• zelda3024

@DontThrowPick6 said...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/breaking-ufc-new-tv-deal-details.3473967/

Looks like the new owners are trimming down the events to around 30 in 2018 where 2016 saw total of 40 events. Also a lot of fighters are cut or have declined to renew contracts (likely because of massive paycut).

Misha, Larkin, Perez, Horiguchi, and Krylov are notables.

They paid 4 billion dollars and they plan on having less events and they pretty much sell out each event and make there profits this way. If I am a investor or thinking about investing I can not be very happy about this.

Pay cuts had to happen when they paid the amount they did but trimming events is another bad business decision. Cutting fighters is okay the UFC has a huge hub to replace fighters in which we are seeing more and more.

I’m not sure, but I think the UFC may have an exclusivity agreement with Draftkings? They did the contract exp with an option to maybe pick it back up but it has not as of yet. That is why we do not see Draftkings logos in the octagon anymore.

• NewMike

I think DK is illegal in NV which is where a good chunk of UFC fights are, which would explain why it’s not advertised a lot. I could be wrong

• zelda3024

@NewMike said...

I think DK is illegal in NV which is where a good chunk of UFC fights are, which would explain why it’s not advertised a lot. I could be wrong

I’m trying to think if DK ever had there banners in the ring in Vegas now I am going to have to watch some older fights to see. I’m not sure either.

It sucks the UFC released Nikita Krylov from his contract. 21-5 and 9-3 in the UFC. They give no reason why yet.

• NewMike

I was thinking of poker, now that I think about it. But it would be so good for us if they allowed it there and they advertised during events to get MMA DFS players to play.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).