MAIN FORUM

Comments

• KenAtFanDuel

FanDuel Rep

New FanDuel Promos: $25,000 in Freerolls + Deposit Bonuses

We’re excited to announce two massive promotions today. With DraftStreet closing, we want to make it as fun and easy as possible for players to try out – or come back to! – FanDuel. So’ve put together the following offers:

- Deposit Bonuses. Move your DraftStreet account balance to FanDuel and we’ll give you a 100% deposit match. This goes for all DraftStreet players, whether or not you currently have a FanDuel account. If you have $100 in your DraftStreet account and move it to FanDuel, we’ll give you a $100 bonus. Here’s how to take advantage:

1. Take a screenshot of your current DraftStreet account balance. If you’ve already transferred your account balance out of DraftStreet, contact our Customer Support team and we’ll assist you
    2. Email this screenshot to support@fanduel.com; in the email be sure to include your FanDuel username
    3. Make a deposit on FanDuel

Within 48 hours, we’ll credit your pending bonus dollars – we’ll be crediting bonuses every morning this week. We’re capping this at $1,000 max in bonus dollars. Any questions, please email support@fanduel.com. This is a limited time offer – don’t hesitate!

If you don’t have a current FanDuel account, you can also sign up to FanDuel using promocode GRINDERS and we’ll give you a 100% deposit match on your first deposit.

- $25,000 in freerolls. Yep – we’re hosting a total of $25,000 worth of freerolls. These will start on Friday and run for one week. These are open to all FanDuel players, new or old. We’ll be running a few a day, so keep your eyes open for these in our lobby. Most will be in the $500 to $1,000 range, but we may make some even bigger!

Here are the first 3:

1st Step: JOIN FANDUEL USING THIS LINK (If you aren’t already a member)

2nd Step: Join Freerolls Here:

$1,000 prize pool, top 200 scorers win $5

$1,000 prize pool. Standard payout structure

$3,000..this is the big kahuna!

That’s it for now. Any questions let us know via email – support@fanduel.com

Ken

Couple points for clarity and a small disclaimer – we are leaving this offer up until Friday. Also, any pending bonus credited in this offer must be earned (converted into cash) by the end of the year: 11:59pm ET, December 31, 2014. Finally, existing FanDuel players who deposit and receive a bonus as part of this offer, who then withdraw funds in the following four days, will have the credited pending bonus removed.

• everettcase

@wavegoodbye said…

That is ridiculous on a few levels that golf would somehow be singled out over other sports from a legal perspective, I’d say you guys are being too cautious and likely lighting money on fire as a result…

The logic actually makes perfect sense, but no question FD is being more risk-averse than their competitors. It’s a calculated risk and at this point it does seem like they’re lighting money on fire, but the reasoning for why golf would be ‘singled out’ certainly holds up.

• wavegoodbye

@everettcase said…

The logic actually makes perfect sense, but no question FD is being more risk-averse than their competitors. It’s a calculated risk and at this point it does seem like they’re lighting money on fire, but the reasoning for why golf would be ‘singled out’ certainly holds up.

I understand the law and the logic but honestly it’s not something a decent lawyer would have trouble constructing a fairly competent and compelling argument against…

the main point is the industry is daily fantasy sports… singling out golf on a mere technical aspect of the law seems like:

A. would never happen and
    B. could easily be argued against

I also doubt the PGA would want to lose the potential fans and attention DFS brings to their game…

• reeses

It’s hilarious to me that Fanduel doesn’t think the DK merger is a big deal, simply because the PGA will make me resort to DK. If Fanduel did have it, then I’d consider it, but personally FD has 0 appeal to me…so good luck getting alot of the DS customers because PGA was a huge deal.

• tipster808

I’d love to hear your argument on why it’s so easy to defend golf.

UIGEA is exceptionally clear on this: It has to be multiple events for it to be considered fantasy.

The Masters is itself one event. Period. There is no good argument around that.

However, maybe you can make the argument that with 4 days of play, that is enough to make it a skill game. It’s still one event, but it’s multiple days of play over the course of one event.

But the real problem here that I see is if golf is legal, then why are sites not doing leagues or tournaments that are for quarters of one NBA game? Or halves of one football game? I don’t see any sites doing that (because it’s blatantly illegal), and there are unfortunately a lot of similarities to golf in that setup. It’s a player pool for one event. The only real difference is the duration in time between rounds in golf and breaks between quarters.

Seriously, what is the difference between me taking a group of golfers over 4 days and me taking a group of NBA players from one game over 4 quarters? Nothing but the duration in time between said “breaks.”

You say a guy has to make a cut in golf, that requires skill. OK, my NBA player may or may not play this quarter. Same thing. I don’t see the difference.

That’s the real problem. No one is doing what I suggested in my NBA example, again because it’s blatantly illegal. Golf, however, with the time duration between days (and zero regulation of this industry) help paint the image that golf is fine. I think it’s dangerous to assume it’ll always be fine and no one will ever check in on it.

And I’m not the only one to think this way. Dan Back has said he thinks golf is a very gray area. I have no idea if he shares my thoughts here in terms of my example, but he’s obviously a big DFS backer and fan and he thinks golf is a very gray area.

• jsw3ent

Hard to turn down free money. Fanduel needs to do something for existing members—-they need to give some incentive for members to keep their money at FD—-how about matching current balances with matching bonus——or at the very least a matching deposit bonus.

• Putz

@jsw3ent said…

Hard to turn down free money. Fanduel needs to do something for existing members—-they need to give some incentive for members to keep their money at FD—-how about matching current balances with matching bonus——or at the very least a matching deposit bonus.

Agree. I already withdrew from DS as well.

• tomac

Reeses – if you read the article from Forbes, 70% of the DS player base were already FD players, so if you believe that to be true, FD doesn’t need “good luck” getting DS’ players because they already have them.

In my opinion, FD has gone above and beyond what they “needed” to do. The fired a strong salvo with this promotion, giving 100% bonuses for your DS money, when DK was giving 25%.

If you have BR at FD and only FD, I imagine it’s because you think they are the best in the industry. How would DK buying DS change that?

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@wavegoodbye said…

I understand the law and the logic but honestly it’s not something a decent lawyer would have trouble constructing a fairly competent and compelling argument against…

the main point is the industry is daily fantasy sports… singling out golf on a mere technical aspect of the law seems like:

A. would never happen and
    B. could easily be argued against

I also doubt the PGA would want to lose the potential fans and attention DFS brings to their game…

unless you’re a lawyer or have a serious stake in the legality of golf like Nigel and the rest of the DFS site owners, then really I suggest you accept their explanation and hope that they are making the right decision.

if you’re not a lawyer then I don’t know what makes you think a “fairly competent lawyer” can do anything that you know nothing about?

• everettcase

Caution to anybody taking advantage of the deposit bonus offer: I was informed after the fact that I’m now unable to withdraw any money from my FanDuel account until I’ve played through the full amount of my DS deposit. All of the balance I had prior to transferring money from DS in is now inaccessible for withdrawal. If you think you’d like to withdraw any money from FD, do so before taking advantage of this deposit bonus or you won’t be allowed to.

• pcfriarsfan

FanDuel Rep

@everettcase said…

Caution to anybody taking advantage of the deposit bonus offer: I was informed after the fact that I’m now unable to withdraw any money from my FanDuel account until I’ve played through the full amount of my DS deposit. All of the balance I had prior to transferring money from DS in is now inaccessible for withdrawal. If you think you’d like to withdraw any money from FD, do so before taking advantage of this deposit bonus or you won’t be allowed to.

Hi everettcase,

Just discussed your particular scenario with the team and we have ok’d your withdrawal.

Our CS manager Mike explains FanDuel’s general policy regarding withdrawals here:

/threads/Since_when_did_FanDuel_chang-338396

Your scenario was different than this which caused some confusion, but everything should be squared away now. Feel free to PM me with any further concerns.

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Anyone else not receive their bonus yet? It’s been over 48 hours for me and nothing after receiving confirmation from FD.

• Stonecoldnuts

@pcfriarsfan said…

Hi everettcase,

Just discussed your particular scenario with the team and we have ok’d your withdrawal.

Our CS manager Mike explains FanDuel’s general policy regarding withdrawals here:

/threads/Since_when_did_FanDuel_chang-338396

Your scenario was different than this which caused some confusion, but everything should be squared away now. Feel free to PM me with any further concerns.

Sooooo..nothing for existing members who stay loyal and dont withdraw and go to draftkings???? Freerolls aint gonna cut it….Bonuses will….Curious…..

• KenAtFanDuel

FanDuel Rep

@easternmh said…

Anyone else not receive their bonus yet? It’s been over 48 hours for me and nothing after receiving confirmation from FD.

Sorry about that, all set

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@kenberman said…

Sorry about that, all set

Sweet – Ty!

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

@easternmh said…

Me neither.

• pcfriarsfan

FanDuel Rep

@pdidawg82 said…

Me neither.

All set now, thanks for your patience.

• jensjaguars

FanDuel Rep

More free money! Day 2 of our Welcome Back Freerolls have been posted. Here are the links:

Step 1: Join FanDuel

Step 2: Enter Contests Below

$3000 Saturday Freeroll
    http://bit.ly/1wFWjwZ

$1000 Saturday Freeroll
    http://bit.ly/Wjr9R8

$1000 Saturday Freeroll (top 200 win $5)
    http://bit.ly/1mpdyN9

Good luck!

• dbsports2240

@jensjaguars said…

More free money! Day 2 of our Welcome Back Freerolls have been posted. Here are the links:

$3000 Saturday Freeroll
    http://bit.ly/1wFWjwZ

$1000 Saturday Freeroll
    http://bit.ly/Wjr9R8

$1000 Saturday Freeroll (top 200 win $5)
    http://bit.ly/1mpdyN9

Good luck!

What do you guys think about a $500 winner take all freeroll?

Fine, maybe that’s too aggressive…. how about a $250? Cut one of your $1,000 down a bit, and give us little folk a shot at 250 cold hard cash!

• Stonecoldnuts

@dbsports2240 said…

What do you guys think about a $500 winner take all freeroll?

Fine, maybe that’s too aggressive…. how about a $250? Cut one of your $1,000 down a bit, and give us little folk a shot at 250 cold hard cash!

The freerolls are a joke…its like throwing a bag of peanuts at us and hoping we are happy. I emailed fanduel about what they could do about their loyal players and a way to keep us with some type of bonus. They emailed me back and said if I deposited they would give me 48,000fdp….so much for being loyal….

• hootie2485

you’re complaining about $20 free when you mostly play $2 buy ins?

• dmsr320

How come I didn’t get an email notifying me of day 2 fanduel freerolls? I got the 1 for yesterday, but nothing today. If I hadn’t logged in here to rotogrinders, I’d have never known. This is disappointing along with the fact that loyal fanduel players haven’t received any reload deposit bonus offers in a few years now.

• KenAtFanDuel

FanDuel Rep

@dmsr320 said…

How come I didn’t get an email notifying me of day 2 fanduel freerolls? I got the 1 for yesterday, but nothing today. If I hadn’t logged in here to rotogrinders, I’d have never known. This is disappointing along with the fact that loyal fanduel players haven’t received any reload deposit bonus offers in a few years now.

Regarding the freeroll emails – it’s a balance we need to strike, as some people would be annoyed (rightly) if we emailed them every day.

We are posting the links to the freerolls in our lobby every day in our Sitewide Message area (just below the gray navigation strip at the top of the screen). We’ll be posting the links there every day through Thursday.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.