NBA FORUM

Comments

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

Check out the Lineup Builder updates!

Just in time for the start of NBA season we have added an editable projected minutes column for NBA! When you edit the minutes, it will automatically update the projected points for you as well. Just like projected points, projected minutes is available for all users for FanDuel and DraftKings and premium subscribers for others sites. We have also added the ability to bring in projections from expert models that you subscribe to in the DailyMarketplace and soon you’ll be able to import in projected minutes from DailyMarketplace packages such as Seige’s Tournament Tactics.

You might also noticed that we’ve freshened up the Lineup Builder interface. We moved settings and filters into the player pool sidebar for easier access, added Vegas data columns, and totally revamped the generated lineups section. Check out the updates, let us know what you think, and keep an eye out for even more features coming soon!

• Powellbr

It seems as though that football is the hardest extension to use for the lineup builder as there are so many things to take into account like stacks and such. I have done what I thought is everything right and can never really get what I want. I thought if maybe I describe my problems here someone can help.

So here is how I start. I am playing the arcade as of now so only need 50 lineups

I make my player pool by excluding everyone I don’t want. For a full slate that usually ends up being 5-7 QBs, 8-10 Rbs, 15-20 WR, 5-7TE and 3-5 Def.

I then go and add favorite percentages to every player that is in my pool. I make sure that the perventages add up ( QB is 100%, RB is 210%, WR is 370%, TE is 120% and Def is 100% to account for my flex percentages.

Seeing I am playing GPP’s i want to stack so I add my QB and WR stack to each of the 5 stacks. Here is where I am coming up with problems. I had 6 qbs today. I added 5 of them to stacks 1-5. I the added their corresponding target to each corresponding stack so it matched with the qb. I then set the stack percentage at the same percentage as the QB favorite percentage. (example: I set my matt ryan julio stack for 20% because I wanted Ryan in 20% of my lineups. However I may have say a 35% on Julio because I want him in every lineup that Ryan is in, but also want him sprinkled in other lineups that don’t have Ryan) Today my 5 stack percentages added up to 85%. I still wanted my 6th quarterback in some lineups naked. So, when I ran the optimizer, it came back with 41/50 lineups created. However, all of the lineups it created has at least 1 of my stacks. My 6th naked QB was not present in any lineups. This has happened each time for the last 3 weeks, but it didn’t happen the 1st time I did it, but I can’t remember what I did to make that happen.

So can anyone help? Is it because that I used up all the stack slots that is just uses all of my stacks and doesn’t account for my other quarterback? What if I want more than 5 stacks? How would I go about that ?

I know member SNAPPED has answered most of my questions so far, so he may know, but was wondering if anyone else knew where I was going wrong. I want to get this all figured out so I can up my bankroll over the last half of the season.

• bhodgman

I think you are pushing the limits of this lineup builder’s true functionality…. I ran into similar issues yesterday… My workaround was to ‘lock’ the single players you wanted from your first stack, then generate 10 lineups, then unlock those guys and lock in your second stack… generate 10 more… and so on through your stacks…

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

Thanks for the feedback @Powellbr. We understand it can be frustrating when you’ve set all your exposures carefully and you get something like 41/50 lineups. Part of it has to do with lineup builder trying to strictly adhere to those exposures as a “max” exposure number. We’re looking into changing it so that we prioritize giving you all 50 lineups even if it means some of your exposure numbers are above target. Let me know what you would think of this. We’re also going to be giving the ability to add more stacks in the near future.

• Powellbr

@nicslim said...

Thanks for the feedback @Powellbr. We understand it can be frustrating when you’ve set all your exposures carefully and you get something like 41/50 lineups. Part of it has to do with lineup builder trying to strictly adhere to those exposures as a “max” exposure number. We’re looking into changing it so that we prioritize giving you all 50 lineups even if it means some of your exposure numbers are above target. Let me know what you would think of this. We’re also going to be giving the ability to add more stacks in the near future.

Sounds great. Do you have any answer as to why when I put in my five stacks and set the exposure to the stacks at 85%, that it just generates those lineups and doesn’t put my other quarterbacks in any lineups that aren’t a part of the stack?

Last week my quarterbacks were Brady, Ryan, bottles, Dalton, cousins, and Rivers. I had Brady, Ryan, bottles, Dalton, and rivers in a stack with a wide receiver or tight end, but left cousins naked. I set cousins exposure to 15% though in the player pool. The generator seem to ignore that fact and just focus on the 85% exposure rate to the five stacks.

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

I think that has to do with it trying to obey your other exposure settings too closely. It fills the stacks first and then by the time it reaches the other lineups, many players with lower exposure percentages may have been removed which makes it harder to find lineup combinations. Until we relax these settings, what @bhodgman suggested is a good workaround.

• tonytone1908

Right off the bat I see once you get about 10 rows down they stop lining up correctly. Gets worse as the rows go to the right. I’m on Chrome if that makes a difference.

• naitrin

Hey there – Rosters NBA salary cap is 80 K yet the builder is set to 90K.

• KillaChap

I like it. It’s going to take a minute to get used to the layout but aside from that, no complaints from this guy.

• kdjac0434

Would it be possible to add an option that’s the opposite of exclude? For instance, lets say I have 30 people in my player pool and I only want the lineup builder to consider those people, currently I would have to exclude every other player. Can there be an option to only include favorites or something similar to that?

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@rachelkyle said...

Would it be possible to add an option that’s the opposite of exclude? For instance, lets say I have 30 people in my player pool and I only want the lineup builder to consider those people, currently I would have to exclude every other player. Can there be an option to only include favorites or something similar to that?

The best way to do that with the current functionality is to open the games filters and click “GMS” to exclude all of the games/players. Then go to the “Excluded” tab, and include the players you want back into the pool. I realize that’s not very obvious so we’ll think about how we can make that process easier.

• TheNutz33

The not lining up correctly part is VERY annoying. Text boxes need to be made smaller. Other than that, I like it!

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@TheNutz33 said...

The not lining up correctly part is VERY annoying. Text boxes need to be made smaller. Other than that, I like it!

Just put out an update that should fix the alignment issue. If it’s still a problem for you after refreshing the page, let me know which browser and operating system you’re on and we’ll look into it some more.

• tonytone1908

@nicslim said...

Just put out an update that should fix the alignment issue. If it’s still a problem for you after refreshing the page, let me know which browser and operating system you’re on and we’ll look into it some more.

Under projections, minutes and FPS are still off but the others to the right look aligned now.

• naitrin

Rosters salary cap going to be addressed?

• Ross
    @naitrin said...

Hi,

Sorry, our dev team is working on a fix for this now.

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@naitrin said...

Yes. It will be fixed soon and I’ll make a note here when it is. Thanks for the heads up on that

• kdjac0434

@nicslim said...

The best way to do that with the current functionality is to open the games filters and click “GMS” to exclude all of the games/players. Then go to the “Excluded” tab, and include the players you want back into the pool. I realize that’s not very obvious so we’ll think about how we can make that process easier.

I had not thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

• ghostchant

So, everything under player and match up is lined up, but projection and actions are not lining up. I’m on Firefox, current version.

• ghostchant

So, everything under player and match up is lined up, but projection and actions are not lining up. I’m on Firefox, current version.

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@ghostchant said...

Thanks. We just made an update that should fix this problem for Firefox users. Refresh your page and let us know how it looks.

• cedric19

Before you could look at and compare many lineups because of the simple one line list of players. Now you’re lucky to see 4 on one screen because of all the extra unneeded info like position, team emblem, individual point projections, etc. and it’s more complicated and harder to quickly interpret.

• panters

Moved from Main Forum:

Was just checking the lineup builder for NBA lineups for Rosters. The cumulative for an entire roster built by the lineup tool was $90K.
    Rosters website is only giving me $80,000 for an entire roster.

I’m new to Rosters so there may something I don’t know about.

Any help?

Thanks.

• Morey18

I guess there working on it

• gomezej22

hey rotogrinders this line up optimizer is the most garbage tool here like it doesnt save line ups done and it also doesnt export into a csv when i try to. it litterally does not work. ive tried refreshing and at random it stop saving new lineups that i come up with

• Grog

You can’t move players it only lets me see 5 guys won’t scroll down it sucks go back

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).