INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Zak93

Hi just signed up so have 50 beginners contests from what I’ve read
    Is it best to enter one on one or multi player ones with 1000s of people?
    If I do one on one what’s the average entry fee
    How do DK make their money

Any tips to help me getting started?

Thanks

• factorial89

just my .02 cents i am entering beginner 50/50 and double ups usually 39 or 62 person contests doin just ok so far p.s. turn down head to head invitations good luck

• FuzzyOzzy

Unless you are doing multiple lineups, you want to stay away from the GPPs. You will typically be at a disadvantage. The top prizes look good, but your chance of hitting them will be about the same as when you lose your beginner/casual status, so save them until after you lose your beginner/casual status. Practice on the 50/50s against other beginners, or the smaller 5 person contests. Building lineups for 50/50s and Tourneys are completely different things, so be aware of that.

DK makes their money via the rake. They take 10% of every entry for the rake. That is why in a 50/50 you only win $1.80 on a $1 contest. (Your 10 cents, theirs 10 cents) The rake can very based on the contest, but that is typical. The larger tourneys they take less. (if I recall correctly, think it is 8%)

Just to note, the free contests count as part of the 50 beginner contests count. Stay away until you clear casual, you will be better off in the long run. Those freebies are long shots to begin with, and not great payouts.

As for tips, google. This might be a snippy answer, but if you aren’t willing to google tips and the information you seek, you will suck at DFS. DFS is about research, research, research, and A LOT OF LUCK.

In the end though, do what you deem is fun!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.