MAIN FORUM

Comments

  • Duelly21

    Just wanted to say hi to everyone and get my first post on the book! I’m not very tech savvy and I don’t really understand a lot of the stats on the spreadsheets but it’s a work in progress. I mainly play on Yahoo dfs right now because I was told it had smaller and is a good starting site. If anyone can give me a good starting point that would be great! I am only starting with $64 so I am not sure the best method or if it’s enough money in the dfs world to build a bankroll. Well I wish everyone the best and hopefully I can get some help on Yahoo dfs advice. Thanks to anyone who reads this!

  • panters

    Bankroll management is key when your just starting in my opinion. I’ll let more skilled DFS’ers discuss beginning strategy.

    Good luck to you!

  • jimmyquinella

    • Blogger of the Month

    Welcome to RG.

    1. Check out all the free content above, many of your questions will be answered there.
    2. Do not expect to win all the time! Enjoy the ride…
    3 As posted above, BANKROLL MANAGEMENT is the key.

    Have fun with it and good luck.

  • TheRyanFlaherty

    Play lower stakes, so you can experiment a bit, try everything (big GPP, single entry, cash, short slate, etc. and see if there is something that seems to be more profitable than the others, and then that’s where I’d invest more money.

    You can also make use of the “Beginner” and “No Veteran” leagues in Yahoo. It makes the cash games on the site worthwhile.

  • B_Heals152

    • 59

      RG Overall Ranking

    • Ranked #14

      RG Tiered Ranking

    Take advantage of any beginning leagues (if Yahoo offers them) along with any deposit bonuses if you have not already. Play mostly lower stakes ($1-$2). The typical rule of thumb is to not invest more than 10% of your bankroll on any given night. Some would argue with MLB to lower that percentage to as low as maybe 5%. Reason being the amount of variance experienced with MLB is very high as opposed to a sport like the NBA. Even good players can feasibly develop losing streaks that last as long as a week or two. In terms of allocating your entries for contests lots of people stick to 80% cash games (H2H, Double Ups, 50/50s) with the other 20% toward GPPs (could also include 100 man leagues, 3x, 5x).

  • Duelly21

    Thanks for the advice everyone! One question if I stick to 50/50 only for now is 10% safe for bankroll? Yahoo does have no veteran cash and gpp which I like but not sure how my lineups will hold against veterans 🤔 Scored 120 yesterday on Yahoo main slate non veteran tournaments just not sure if that would hold up against better dfs players!

  • TnRiddles

    • Blogger of the Month

    @Duelly21 said...

    Just wanted to say hi to everyone and get my first post on the book! I’m not very tech savvy and I don’t really understand a lot of the stats on the spreadsheets but it’s a work in progress. I mainly play on Yahoo dfs right now because I was told it had smaller and is a good starting site. If anyone can give me a good starting point that would be great! I am only starting with $64 so I am not sure the best method or if it’s enough money in the dfs world to build a bankroll. Well I wish everyone the best and hopefully I can get some help on Yahoo dfs advice. Thanks to anyone who reads this!

    Duelly21, I have recently written a couple of blogs that could help a small bankroll guy for MLB if you might be interested:

    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/riddle-me-this-can-i-be-contrarian-with-a-small-bankroll-2458947

    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/riddle-me-this-can-you-handle-the-variance-2467275

  • panters

    @Duelly21 said...

    Scored 120 yesterday on Yahoo main slate non veteran tournaments just not sure if that would hold up against better dfs players!

    Veteran status does not mean they are sharks. In NHL there are not any non-veteran GPPs. I am an NHL newbie and I cashed ahead of a lot of Veterans. They can be beat. Good Luck.

  • TheDataDetective

    • Blogger of the Month

    Welcome! You’ll want to read these as well…

    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/beginner-s-guide-to-playing-dfs-on-a-budget-part-1-2417923

    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/beginner-s-guide-to-playing-dfs-on-a-budget-part-2-2420322

  • X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.