NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1 ) at Kansas City ( -1 ) —- T: 53.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

Unless the SF front can get to Mahomes (which is hard since he can easily escape the pocket), there’s no way the SFs DBs are talented enough to stay with the KC skill position players.

• JSteele

As a 49ers fan, I’d like to think they can win here. The Chiefs seem to let teams get an early lead and and the Niners like to do that. However, the Niners have had the most trouble this season with mobile quarterbacks with Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson. I don’t think it’s a total runaway but I think the Chiefs win.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

As a 49ers fan, I’d like to think they can win here. The Chiefs seem to let teams get an early lead and and the Niners like to do that. However, the Niners have had the most trouble this season with mobile quarterbacks with Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson. I don’t think it’s a total runaway but I think the Chiefs win.

They also have issues vs. legit #1 WRs (Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Davante Adams even though Packers lost both games, even guys like Robert Woods, Tyler Boyd, etc. have had decent games although some of that is garbage time points). And Tyreek is just way too fast for any of the SF DBs to cover him 1 on 1, so they have to double team him, which should allow Watkins and Kelce to have huge games. If they choose not to double him and just leave a single corner on him, Tyreek should have a huge game. Sherman also likes to play a lot of zone technique, and that’s not a good idea vs. Hill and Mahomes. I think the separation Mahomes throws into vs. zone is one of the best in the NFL and you definitely don’t want Tyreek Hill having running room in the middle of a zone.

• emnj69

chiefs are going to smoke them SF -chiefs have too many weapons and I dont think SF can score the amount of points they will need to score-chiefs have some legit guys on d as well-you cant discount the presence of a guy like Suggs either. SF will have no answer for Hill or Kelce especially Hill

• JSteele

@superstars92 said...

They also have issues vs. legit #1 WRs (Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Davante Adams even though Packers lost both games, even guys like Robert Woods, Tyler Boyd, etc. have had decent games although some of that is garbage time points). And Tyreek is just way too fast for any of the SF DBs to cover him 1 on 1, so they have to double team him, which should allow Watkins and Kelce to have huge games. If they choose not to double him and just leave a single corner on him, Tyreek should have a huge game. Sherman also likes to play a lot of zone technique, and that’s not a good idea vs. Hill and Mahomes. I think the separation Mahomes throws into vs. zone is one of the best in the NFL and you definitely don’t want Tyreek Hill having running room in the middle of a zone.

The best thing that SF can do is get after Mahomes and make him throw the ball away. I’m sure they will do this, but if they limit the amount of time Mahomes has with the ball the better they will be able to limit deep throws.

Titans made some questionable plays on D by playing man to man and let Tyreek get free. They also didn’t get after Mahomes at all and gave him a ton of time to get the ball downfield.

The Niners are better equipped to get after Mahomes, but he could just dump off to Kelce and Damien Williams.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

The best thing that SF can do is get after Mahomes and make him throw the ball away. I’m sure they will do this, but if they limit the amount of time Mahomes has with the ball the better they will be able to limit deep throws.

Titans made some questionable plays on D by playing man to man and let Tyreek get free. They also didn’t get after Mahomes at all and gave him a ton of time to get the ball downfield.

The Niners are better equipped to get after Mahomes, but he could just dump off to Kelce and Damien Williams.

I agree, if that DL can get to Mahomes fast, that’s going to be interesting. Guys like Bosa, Buckner, Ford, gonna play a huge role.

• rourke441

i ber the 49rs plus 5.5 pts. at -230 i can get them at plus 10.5 pts. giving -400 just might do it

• yisman

Kyle Shanahan says Tevin Coleman has a “good chance” to play

• bcandrws

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

I agree, if that DL can get to Mahomes fast, that’s going to be interesting. Guys like Bosa, Buckner, Ford, gonna play a huge role.

dee ford may have something to prove. he said last night that thye know he is coming for them.

• superjon

@rourke441 said...

i ber the 49rs plus 5.5 pts. at -230 i can get them at plus 10.5 pts. giving -400 just might do it

wow, i misread this at first and thought the line already jumped up to KC -5.5

• DickyBigtop

-400…. lol.

• got9forya

Ok so I am a 49er fan but also like KC somewhat. The thing with Mahomes going against the 49ers fron line and LB is the D line can run through KC O line. Our linebackers can contain Mahomes. Everyone knows yes we struggle against rtunning QBs. Now who did we struggle against. Jackson, Wilson, and Murray. Now look at their speed compared to Mahomes. our LBs can catch Mahomes and make him throw the ball away if he gets out the pocket. If he stays in the pocket he will have to throw the ball faster then he has all season so he doesnt take a sack. Now with that said if Hill manages to get open which he will every now and then, then we will have a problem. But I see shanahan pulling up a safety to double team. Another thing is if you watch Hill. if you jam him on the line he will be way less efective. 49er’s by 6

• DickyBigtop

Mahomes throwing the ball in the pocket, on the run, on his head, to the peanut vendor in the upper deck is what he does and is the best at it. Back to drawing board.

• monarch

I’ll be all over the 49ers passing game here with lots of CPT Kittle

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@got9forya said...

49er’s by 6

Andy Reid off a bye and Mahomes with all those weapons? If 49ers win it’s on a last second field goal

• monarch

I like the 49ers here. There’s a decent chance they just dominate them on both sides with their raw athleticism. They just went through the NFC (superior conference) without Jimmy G attempting a downfield pass.

The Chiefs figured something out by sticking Hill, Hardman and Kelce in the middle of the field which opened up the flat and sideline for Damien Williams, DeMarcus Robinson and Sammy Watkins. That was an in game adjustment by Reid and Mahomes. Now the 49ers (who have been allowed to be vanilla) have two weeks to adjust to that.

• DickyBigtop

Chiefs in the last 8 games, after the first quarter, have scored 220 points and giving up 83.

Only 63 in the second half.

In game adjustments. Elite.

In game adjustments.

• Jmaccamj

@monarch said...

They just went through the NFC (superior conference)

I stopped reading after this…

Look, Niners are a good football team and they’ll matchup with KC well, but there’s no chance they dominate KC. TheIrrigator has it right, if Niners win, it’ll be a last minute field goal just like how all their games with elite opponents went this year.

Is there any chance this spread gets to 3 pts? That’s what I’m hoping for, and I’d take SF +3 all dayyy.

• monarch

@Jmaccamj said...

I stopped reading after this…

Look, Niners are a good football team and they’ll matchup with KC well, but there’s no chance they dominate KC. TheIrrigator has it right, if Niners win, it’ll be a last minute field goal just like how all their games with elite opponents went this year.

Is there any chance this spread gets to 3 pts? That’s what I’m hoping for, and I’d take SF +3 all dayyy.

You can dominate a team without blowing them out. They did that several times this season. Beat the Rams 20-9, completely shutting them down. Plus I’m pretty sure you have watched the Super Bowl before. Dynamic teams have been waxed quite often….prime example was underdog TB 48-21 over the Raiders.

• JSteele

KC likes to give their opponents a lead in the 1st quarter. 49ers like to take a big lead in the 1st quarter.

After that they need to keep Mahomes in check.

• hoods_from_the_wood

@JSteele said...

KC likes to give their opponents a lead in the 1st quarter. 49ers like to take a big lead in the 1st quarter.

After that they need to keep Mahomes in check.

I can see Reid at the press conferences now. “ yeah, so our plan is to let SF get out to an early lead cause that’s what we like to do”

• feekdogg

I just have so much respect for the Kansas City Chiefs organization. It takes guts to cut a star player from your team for kicking a woman. Their zero tolerance policy toward domestic abusers is a model that all franchises should follow.

• IronMonkey415

My Cowboys should follow that organization.
    Zeke beats up so many innocent people.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@feekdogg said...

I just have so much respect for the Kansas City Chiefs organization. It takes guts to cut a star player from your team for kicking a woman. Their zero tolerance policy toward domestic abusers is a model that all franchises should follow.

What about Tyreek Hill?

• thedkexperience

The game may very well come down to what SF does with their last possession of the 1st half. Tennessee completely blew it by not trying to score with about 4 minutes left. Just because running the ball is your identity doesn’t mean you should pretend that 17 points is enough against KC. If TN had gotten even a FG out of that drive it’s a whole different ballgame.

If SF has the ball in a close game with 2 to 5 minutes left in the first half and doesn’t throw it in that situation then they will not win. If they commit to the run for the first 25 minutes and then go pass happy for 3 to 7 before half points they very well may win.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler