NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1 ) at Kansas City ( -1 ) —- T: 53.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• bcandrws

He actually picked both the 49ers and chiefs to meet in the superbowl before the playoffs even started

• BIF

@bcandrws said...

Idk..it sort of feels like the chiefs destiny this year. No one saw the dolphins beating the Patriots week 17 and KC getting the bye. I could be wrong but it just feels like it.

Yah it’s possible and they are slim favorites but you can say the same destiny thing about the Niners who barely survived the Week 17 game vs Seattle where if they don’t stop Hollister at the 1 inch line, they are the #5 seed instead of the #1 seed…and I’ll keep saying it, the Niners were so close to going 16-0 this year – a FG as time expired to lose to Baltimore (after Niners missed on 4th and 1); an OT FG loss to Seattle and the last second Julio TD where he barely broke the plane of the goalline. We could easily have had an 18-0 Niners team heading into the Super Bowl next week.

• BIF

@bcandrws said...

Yea but I think he does not like all of that media attention. Think about he rarely does alot of media stuff. I think that’s just the way he is. I know he deep down inside is a niner for life but hey they still let him go. I think deep down inside he is happy the chiefs made it. His post said I guarantee 1 of my teams is winning lol.

True – I was kind of kidding but we all think of Joe as a Niner – it would be a little different if he won a SB with Chiefs then he’d have a different legacy in many people’s eyes who’d have remembered him for his last couple of years kind of like Peyton winning SB with Denver making some people ignore his time and SB with Colts.

• bcandrws

@BIF said...

True – I was kind of kidding but we all think of Joe as a Niner – it would be a little different if he won a SB with Chiefs them he’d have a different legacy on many people’s eyes who’d have remembered him for his last couple of years kind of like Peyton winning SB with Denver making some people ignore his time and SB with Colts.

Yea I actually hated he left the niners didn’t want to see him with any other team, but steve young was one of my favorite QBs growing up.

• superstars92

@BIF said...

True – I was kind of kidding but we all think of Joe as a Niner – it would be a little different if he won a SB with Chiefs then he’d have a different legacy in many people’s eyes who’d have remembered him for his last couple of years kind of like Peyton winning SB with Denver making some people ignore his time and SB with Colts.

Oh I was just assuming that Montana probably won’t like be in the 49ers locker room giving them prep talks is all based on what bcandrws was saying. I think in his heart, he’ll root on the Niners, but I agree he won’t probably be as big of a presence as like Jerry Rice or Ronnie Lott.

Chiefs can always ask Len Dawson and Emmitt Thomas to give them their Super Bowl experience. Emmitt Thomas literally just retired last year so he’s close to some of the Chiefs players too.

• superstars92

@bcandrws said...

Yea I actually hated he left the niners didn’t want to see him with any other team, but steve young was one of my favorite QBs growing up.

It’s crazy that SB 49ers team with Young had Jerry Rice vs. Deion Sanders at practice every day.

• bcandrws

@superstars92 said...

Oh I was just assuming that Montana probably won’t like be in the 49ers locker room giving them prep talks is all based on what bcandrws was saying. I think in his heart, he’ll root on the Niners, but I agree he won’t probably be as big of a presence as like Jerry Rice or Ronnie Lott.

Chiefs can always ask Len Dawson and Emmitt Thomas to give them their Super Bowl experience. Emmitt Thomas literally just retired last year so he’s close to some of the Chiefs players too.

Yea I know he is a niner at heart. I just know he was at the chiefs playoff game last year against the Patriots and he picks them alot in his nfl pick em. So I just figured he was probably going to try to be impartial also based on his post of him posting both uniforms on his twitter.

• bcandrws

@superstars92 said...

It’s crazy that SB 49ers team with Young had Jerry Rice vs. Deion Sanders at practice every day.

Yea I was watching a replay the other day of young throwing the game winning TD to Owens against the packers.

• superstars92

The lasting memory I have of the 49ers when I was a young kid was in Jerry Rice’s last ever home game with the Niners, I saw Terrell Owens catch a then NFL record 20 passes…I mean what in the world were the Niners doing?

At that time, I didn’t realize just how great of a player Jerry Rice was even then since I was young. I got to realizing how great he was when he was the best receiver on the field as a 40 year old in the Bucs Raiders SB a few years later.

I also remember when TO caught like a pass from Steve Young on the very last play to beat the Packers in the playoffs like maybe the next year (forgot exactly which year)?

I never saw the legendary Niners teams with Montana/Rice play in their prime live, as I only was old enough to understand football at the backend of Young’s career.

• bcandrws

@superstars92 said...

The lasting memory I have of the 49ers when I was a young kid was in Jerry Rice’s last ever home game with the Niners, I saw Terrell Owens catch a then NFL record 20 passes…I mean what in the world were the Niners doing?

At that time, I didn’t realize just how great of a player Jerry Rice was even then since I was young. I got to realizing how great he was when he was the best receiver on the field as a 40 year old in the Bucs Raiders SB a few years later.

Oh yea it’s crazy just how good he really was.

• superstars92

@bcandrws said...

Oh yea it’s crazy just how good he really was.

Yea the only things I can really go off are his stats and highlights on YouTube, but obvioulsy that doesn’t tell the whole story. When I got to be old enough to understand football, Rice was already way past his prime and yet he was still good.

I think Brady passed him for GOAT, but I consider him #2 all time player ever, and the distance between him and #2 in the best WR ever is like the same as the distance between #2 and like #10.

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Aside from Brady – Moss, none of those offenses compare to what KC has though.

Front fours have an advantage in the Super Bowl. Two weeks of rest….longer halftime…more and longer stoppages in play. It’s really hard to slow down a dominant pass rush in the Super Bowl if they can make a team one dimensional. It’s not a coincidence that the best pass rush teams always beat the best offenses.

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Patrick Mahomes > Rich Gannon
    Tyreek Hill > almost 40 year old Jerry Rice (sorry he’s the greatest, but he was 40)
    Travis Kelce > past his prime Tim Brown

Semeon Rice > Nick Bosa
    Warren Sapp > DeForest Buckner
    Derrick Brooks > any 49ers LB
    John Lynch > any 49ers saftey
    Prime Ronde Barber > Richard Sherman at his current age

Would you believe that Rich Gannon averaged more passing yards per game and a three percent higher completion percentage than the great Patrick Mahomes that season? And in a much less friendly passing environment.

• squidkill

LOL- This thread is great- So KC is considered the home team because of their “closer proximity to Miami” Therefore they get the usual 3 point bump for being the “Home” fav from Vegas-

good nugget

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@DickyBigtop said...

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA. Chiefs may be woke but they aint crazy. They filled their quota of cutting superstars. 1 per decade.

It is a new decade now, so it is time for Tyreek to get cut for his off the field actions. Pretty sure I saw in the news somewhere that around a year ago, he beat his 3 year old son so bad that he broke his arm and the kid’s mom said he has always been terrified of his dad.

As for SB analysis, as a Niners fan, I don’t see how this defense can shut down all of the weapons. From a fantasy perspective, other than Maholmes, I think Damien and Hill are most likely to smash. I can see Watkins and Kelce having a great game too, but I think those will end up being secondary weapons that smash if the Niners look to take away Damien and Hill.

• odanny

I like this take:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872403-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-nfl-insiders-think-sb-liv-is-the-chiefs-to-lose

• odanny

@bcandrws said...

He actually picked both the 49ers and chiefs to meet in the superbowl before the playoffs even started

As did I, and that futures bet only pays if KC wins. I also picked KC straight up to win SB LIV before the Ravens choked, and that pays +375.

• odanny

@superstars92 said...

Don’t forget T-Sizzle.

• rog11sm

@monarch said...

You can dominate a team without blowing them out. They did that several times this season. Beat the Rams 20-9, completely shutting them down. Plus I’m pretty sure you have watched the Super Bowl before. Dynamic teams have been waxed quite often….prime example was underdog TB 48-21 over the Raiders.

The one thing about that super bowl was Gruden just left the raiders and they were still running the same plays.
    The defense has been known to say they knew the play calls as Gannon was calling them.
    Gruden was handed a great defense and got to play against the offense he spent the last couple years building. What a dream match up.

• monarch

@rog11sm said...

The one thing about that super bowl was Gruden just left the raiders and they were still running the same plays.
    The defense has been known to say they knew the play calls as Gannon was calling them.
    Gruden was handed a great defense and got to play against the offense he spent the last couple years building. What a dream match up.

Plus our All Pro center went absolutely crazy in the days leading up to the Super Bowl and did not play. Barrett Robbins

• rog11sm

I forgot about that. That was odd.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@superstars92 said...

Aside from Brady – Moss, none of those offenses compare to what KC has though.

2013-2014 Denver Broncos that lost to Seattle in the Super Bowl (43-8 no less) were better

• HoodsFromTheWood

@superstars92 said...

I think Brady passed him for GOAT, but I consider him #2 all time player ever, and the distance between him and #2 in the best WR ever is like the same as the distance between #2 and like #10.

With apologies to all the NE fans, Brady won more SB’s but IMO Montana is the greatest QB of my lifetime. He was more mobile, almost graceful compared to the more mechanically correct TB12.

• bcandrws

@squidkill said...

LOL- This thread is great- So KC is considered the home team because of their “closer proximity to Miami” Therefore they get the usual 3 point bump for being the “Home” fav from Vegas-

good nugget

No they are considered the home team because in the superbowl the afc rotates with the NFC between who is considered the home team and this year is the afc last year was the nfc. True enough there is no actually home field advantage but yes they are considered the home team. SF which is the visiting team calls the coin toss.

• bcandrws

@odanny said...

Don’t forget T-Sizzle.

Which yea suggs won a superbowl with the ravens

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).