NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1 ) at Kansas City ( -1 ) —- T: 53.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• odanny

@rourke441 said...

i am betting super bowl player and game props any suggestions

First TD – Travis Kelce

• Dfspacman

I didn’t know Lamar will play this much

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I have 100% Andrews captain and 100% Lamar flex through 22 lineups. I like what I’m seeing!

• BIF

@yisman said...

Lamar as bad today as he was against Tennessee

Not even close 😂

• Stashu

Did I miss something today? I was out and couldn’t watch the game, but I did notice Kimara had 0 fpts. Was he a last minute scratch that I missed?

• JSteele

@Stashu said...

Did I miss something today? I was out and couldn’t watch the game, but I did notice Kimara had 0 fpts. Was he a last minute scratch that I missed?

Pro Bowl doesn’t run the ball much and when they do they played this flag football touch tackle thing so there were only small gains on the ground

• Stashu

@JSteele said...

Pro Bowl doesn’t run the ball much and when they do they played this flag football touch tackle thing so there were only small gains on the ground

I was thinking some passes out of the backfield for him. He can always break one. All I needed was 2.2 fpts from him, or someone in that flex spot, to cross the cash line in a $25 double up!! So close…..

• superstars92

So it looks like Tevin Coleman is on track to play, which means no more Jeff Wilson with some ownership haha.

• realphipps

My player pool is 18, including both defenses and kickers. For showdowns, I normally have an initial pool over 20.

Not sure if I’m missing a potential target under Hardman’s DK price tag?

• HoodsFromTheWood

@superstars92 said...

So it looks like Tevin Coleman is on track to play, which means no more Jeff Wilson with some ownership haha.

While addressing the media on Friday, San Francisco 49’ers coach Kyle Shanahan provided an update concerning the hurt running back’s MRI results.
    ” There were positive outcomes so we’ll see how he is next week however wasn’t able to go today,”. Not sure if this means on track to play. Do you know if he practiced today?

• queensfinest

chargers moving on from rivers. not surprised. its time. likely getting herbert at 6 overall

• TopDawgs07

I have a match up question with Sherman. Will we see SF play more zone in the Super Bowl vs. Man coverage? With the speed of KC’s WR’s, I’m assuming we might see more zone or at least more Cover 2 to prevent SF from getting beat deep. If SF does use Man Coverage, who will Sherman cover? Will he stick to one side of the field or travel with either Hill or Watkins? I guess my thinking is that if Hill sees more of Sherman, Watkins could have some real value in this game at his price.

Another WR that I expect to see a decent workload is Samuel for SF. Shannahan likes to get him the ball and with the two week break, I could see him getting rushing yards as well as WR yards, more creative yards.

• ValuableTrader

DK just gave me 4x $100 free bets to use? Hell yeah. Dumped them into all kinds of weird shit.

My gut says 49ers will win this thing but man is it hard to bet against Mahomes.

• JSteele

@ValuableTrader said...

DK just gave me 4x $100 free bets to use? Hell yeah. Dumped them into all kinds of weird shit.

My gut says 49ers will win this thing but man is it hard to bet against Mahomes.

Bet 49ers winning margin as a field goal.

• BIF

@ValuableTrader said...

Based on their career W-L records as starting QBs; it should be harder to bet against Jimmy G

Including playoffs Mahomes is 26-8 (3-1 in playoffs) as a starter and Jimmy G is 23-5 (2-0 in playoffs)

……just saying 🤔

• superstars92

@Hoods From The Wood said...

While addressing the media on Friday, San Francisco 49’ers coach Kyle Shanahan provided an update concerning the hurt running back’s MRI results.
    ” There were positive outcomes so we’ll see how he is next week however wasn’t able to go today,”. Not sure if this means on track to play. Do you know if he practiced today?

Oh sorry didn’t see this. I was just assuming he’s trending towards playing with the positive updates, but yes you are right, it’s no guarantee.

I will wait and see what they say in a few days.

• bcandrws

@BIF said...

Based on their career W-L records as starting QBs; it should be harder to bet against Jimmy G

Including playoffs Mahomes is 26-8 (3-1 in playoffs) as a starter and Jimmy G is 23-5 (2-0 in playoffs)

……just saying 🤔

so you saying jimmy g won these last 2 playoffs games, because patrick mahomes absolutely won thiers. i think you are really discrediting mahomes alot by comparing him to both jimmy g and lamar. Do you not like mahomes or something?

• JSteele

@bcandrws said...

so you saying jimmy g won these last 2 playoffs games, because patrick mahomes absolutely won thiers. i think you are really discrediting mahomes alot by comparing him to both jimmy g and lamar. Do you not like mahomes or something?

They have not needed Jimmy G to win the last two playoff games, but when they need him to throw 40 times this year he has won.

It’s sort of a misconception that the 49ers are a run first team like the Titans. They just haven’t needed to throw the ball because they had a healthy lead the whole game. When the Titans were down big against the Chiefs they couldn’t do anything in the air.

When they beat the Cardinals, Jimmy G through 45 times and threw 4 TDs
    When they beat the Saints, Jimmy G through 35 times and 4 TDs
    When they beat the Cardinals again, Jimmy G through 37 times and 4 TDs

So i’ts not like he can’t throw to win games, it’s just that they haven’t needed to.

Kyle Shanahan won the last 2 games, and he won them by running the ball, but if he needs to call more passing plays against the Chiefs he will.

• DickyBigtop

San Fran runs the most zone in league

KC the runs the most RPO in the league

It puts a wrench in zone D

They may have to go more man than they like

• bcandrws

@JSteele said...

They have not needed Jimmy G to win the last two playoff games, but when they need him to throw 40 times this year he has won.

It’s sort of a misconception that the 49ers are a run first team like the Titans. They just haven’t needed to throw the ball because they had a healthy lead the whole game. When the Titans were down big against the Chiefs they couldn’t do anything in the air.

So i’ts not like he can’t throw to win games, it’s just that they haven’t needed to.

Kyle Shanahan won the last 2 games, and he won them by running the ball, but if he needs to call more passing plays against the Chiefs he will.

Jimmy g threw 40 times against the saints who let kyle allen have a big game and other qbs to have big games against them, and the cardinals who let every QB they played have big games against them. That’s not saying much

• bcandrws

@JSteele said...

That’s saints D and that cardinals D were not good in any since of the word and the hole in the KC d is thier run D. They have only allowed 2 WRs all year go over 100 yards and not given up many TDs to QBs so it’s fair to say you could rank them better than both the NO D and the cardinals D. Which they have had injuries on both sides of the ball this year as well.

• bcandrws

@JSteele said...

They needed him to throw against the falcons he threw 34 times and the offense was completely healthy and he threw for 200 yards and 1 TD. They needed him to throw against the rams( they won the game by 3 points but still he threw 1 td and 2 int in that game for 248 yards, I understand the ravens game was in the rain but still he threw for 165 yards and they lost the Seahawks they lost the 1st meeting and he threw 46 times for 248 yards 1 TD and an int. I understand they only lost 3 games but take away the saints who a bad D and the cardinals a horrible D then even in games they needed him to throw he was not good so I would call the cardinals games and the saints game an anomaly for him not something he can do regularly.

• JSteele

@bcandrws said...

That’s saints D and that cardinals D were not good in any since of the word and the hole in the KC d is thier run D. They have only allowed 2 WRs all year go over 100 yards and not given up many TDs to QBs so it’s fair to say you could rank them better than both the NO D and the cardinals D. Which they have had injuries on both sides of the ball this year as well.

I think your missing my point a little bit. All i’m saying is the Niners are capable of beating teams through the air if they have to. They just didn’t have to in the first two rounds of the playoffs. You were saying how Jimmy G didn’t win those two games, and I was just saying that they didn’t need him too but he’s capable of it.

I’ll also point out that the Rams game was close the whole time. When they needed him to throw, he got his 1 TD to George Kittle in the 4th quarter. Then he got them down the field in 2 minutes and the Niners got the winning field goal.

The Falcons also won that game with 2 seconds to go, and didn’t give the Niners a chance to come back.

• bcandrws

@JSteele said...

I think your missing my point a little bit. All i’m saying is the Niners are capable of beating teams through the air if they have to. They just didn’t have to in the first two rounds of the playoffs. You were saying how Jimmy G didn’t win those two games, and I was just saying that they didn’t need him too but he’s capable of it.

I’ll also point out that the Rams game was close the whole time. When they needed him to throw, he got his 1 TD to George Kittle in the 4th quarter. Then he got them down the field in 2 minutes and the Niners got the winning field goal.

The Falcons also won that game with 2 seconds to go, and didn’t give the Niners a chance to come back.

He also threw 2 interceptions in that ram game so there is that. So saying that you trust jimmy g more than mahomes would be silly. The Falcons game jimmy g threw it 34 times though and 34 times he still only had 200 yards for 1 TD so regardless. Jimmy g is a game manager but that’s just like alex smith use to be a game manager you can’t trust him if the game is not going to dictate it(I mean against a decent defense and KC has a decent Defense against the pass contrary to popular belief)

• bcandrws

@JSteele said...

if the 49ers win this game it’s going to be with their defense. it’s not going to be from jimmy g

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).