NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1 ) at Kansas City ( -1 ) —- T: 53.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• JSteele

@bcandrws said...

Collectively yes but Williams and mostert are about the same in regards to speed.

Yea the Chiefs are the fastest team in the league but the Niners aren’t far behind. It’s more about how does Mostert’s speed compare with the Chiefs defense speed and vice versa.

• superstars92

Mostert was a track star himself, like Tyreek Hill.

• BIF

@JSteele said...

A lot of talk about the Chiefs speed, but the Niners RBs lead the league in collective speed too. The Chiefs were able to slow down Henry but he is typically a downhill runner, totally different from the Niners. SF has the speed to run east -> west and open up holes in the defense, you can’t really stack the box against them to slow them down.

Niners also use a Fullback (and a good one) as much as anybody in the league pus have one of the best blocking TEs as well so the Niners rum behind the best collective line and combo of FB/TE in the league – way different trying to stop them than a North-South one back set running game. Ask Minnesota and the Packers how it worked for them.

• emnj69

@JSteele said...

A lot of talk about the Chiefs speed, but the Niners RBs lead the league in collective speed too. The Chiefs were able to slow down Henry but he is typically a downhill runner, totally different from the Niners. SF has the speed to run east -> west and open up holes in the defense, you can’t really stack the box against them to slow them down.

this will come down to if Jimmy can win in a shootout vs them. I dont think he can and I am betting accordingly. I bet on the chiefs and niners last go around and it was easy money. I fully believe the chiefs stomp them- look at the game by game results of the niners wins
    many of their wins were against truly garbage teams as well as teams missing their number one qb

look at their game by game results-most teams they beat were garbage teams and even teams without their qb
    their defense gave up 25+ points in 6 games

qbs that can scramble like Murray Russ and Jackson all had games where they had success vs this defense and none of them have the fire power KC has

• emnj69

mahomes is the true league MVP and the KC offense is one of the most explosive offenses I have seen in all of my years of watching football
    they wont be stopped

• JSteele

There was that stretch of the season where they were missing a ton of bodies due to injury, including Offensive lineman, TEs and Juice who are all part of the run blocking that made their offense so potent.

• BIF

@emnj69 said...

this will come down to if Jimmy can win in a shootout vs them. I dont think he can and I am betting accordingly. I bet on the chiefs and niners last go around and it was easy money. I fully believe the chiefs stomp them- look at the game by game results of the niners wins
    many of their wins were against truly garbage teams as well as teams missing their number one qb

look at their game by game results-most teams they beat were garbage teams and even teams without their qb
    their defense gave up 25+ points in 6 games

qbs that can scramble like Murray Russ and Jackson all had games where they had success vs this defense and none of them have the fire power KC has

You can’t pick one-off reg season games to assess a matchup; I can say the Chiefs suck because they lost at home in KC vs Indy and couldn’t score more than 13 points with a healthy Mahomes !

Yes Lamar ran for 106 vs SF but that was because they shit down the passing game and held him to 105yds passing and he was running for his life – don’t just look at one stat – the Niners dominated both lines of scrimmage that game vs Baltimore and in no way should have lost on a last second FG.

Again, people can pick on this or that about SF, but they were as close to being unbeaten right now as anyone since the Patriots were 18-0 heading to the SB. Last play of the game FG vs Baltimore in a game they dominated; OT FG loss vs Seattle in a game that went back/forth and a Julio TD that broke the plane with 2 seconds left in a total letdown spot at home after having just played GB/Balt/NO. The Niners don’t always win pretty but they do what it takes to win.

• emnj69

people forget mahomes and co did so much damage in the cold weather-put them in sunny florida and watch out..SF will be toast

• BIF

@emnj69 said...

people forget mahomes and co did so much damage in the cold weather-put them in sunny florida and watch out..SF will be toast

They only scored 28 and 24 in California vs Oakland/Chargers – maybe they don’t like warm weather !

• emnj69

@BIF said...

You can’t pick one-off reg season games to assess a matchup; I can say the Chiefs suck because they lost at home in KC vs Indy and couldn’t score more than 13 points with a healthy Mahomes !

Yes Lamar ran for 106 vs SF but that was because they shit down the passing game and held him to 105yds passing and he was running for his life – don’t just look at one stat – the Niners dominated both lines of scrimmage that game vs Baltimore and in no way should have lost on a last second FG.

Again, people can pick on this or that about SF, but they were as close to being unbeaten right now as anyone since the Patriots were 18-0 heading to the SB. Last play of the game FG vs Baltimore in a game they dominated; OT FG loss vs Seattle in a game that went back/forth and a Julio TD that broke the plane with 2 seconds left in a total letdown spot at home after having just played GB/Seattle/NO. The Niners don’t always win pretty but they do what it takes to win.

I believe the niners played a soft schedule and qbs that can run did run on them-their defense also proved they can be lit up vs a potent offense-see the saints

• JSteele

@emnj69 Explain how the Chargers were able to keep the Chiefs in check. Mahomes threw 19/32 times and ended up with 182 yards. Tyreek Hill was injured early (but they had Hardman who is also fast) Was it the Chargers above average secondary (Niners are better), what about their pass rush with Joey Bosa and co (Niners have Nick Bosa). What about how the Patriots contained KC to 23 points? Niners secondary actually grades out better than the Patriots for the season.

• emnj69

@BIF said...

They only scored 28 and 24 in California vs Oakland/Chargers – maybe they don’t like warm weather !

lol vs the raiders mahomes had 4 tds and over 400 yards passing with no ints vs the raiders I think he does just fine in warm weather

• hobbes2d

@JSteele said...

There was that stretch of the season where they were missing a ton of bodies due to injury, including Offensive lineman, TEs and Juice who are all part of the run blocking that made their offense so potent.

And their offense was still good when those guys were out lmao.

• emnj69

@JSteele said...

@emnj69 Explain how the Chargers were able to keep the Chiefs in check. Mahomes threw 19/32 times and ended up with 182 yards. Tyreek Hill was injured early (but they had Hardman who is also fast) Was it the Chargers above average secondary (Niners are better), what about their pass rush with Joey Bosa and co (Niners have Nick Bosa). What about how the Patriots contained KC to 23 points? Niners secondary actually grades out better than the Patriots for the season.

come on now u are going say hill was hurt and then come back with but the had hardman….. hill is one of the most if not most explosive WRS in football and at that time Sammy was not fully heallthy either and the team was trying to let a washed shady be the guy d williams got 4 carries that game-now he is the lead dog and putting up monster numbers

• emnj69

this game will be like taking candy from a baby

• JSteele

@emnj69 said...

come on now u are going say hill was hurt and then come back with but the had hardman….. hill is one of the most if not most explosive WRS in football and at that time Sammy was not fully hurt either and the team was trying to let a washed shady be the guy d williams got 4 carries that game-now he is the lead dog and putting up monster numbers

Your argument about the Niners is exactly the same though, you are not factoring any injuries that affected their performance and now that they are healthy, they are putting up monster numbers on both sides of the ball.

It’s almost as dumb as saying the Niners won the preseason game, so they are the better team.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@superstars92 said...

There’s way too many entries in this SB showdown contest and not enough total players that are feasible that unless you absolutely go with a guy who will get like 0 snaps or leave like 4k+ salary on the table, you are most likely going to have a dupe. Even if you leave 4k+, you still might get a dupe.

I have played a lot of Showdowns. The best ways to be unique are:

-Leave a lot ($3K+) on the table.
    -Play a low owned captain.
    -Play a DST that is against 2+ of your players.
    -Play a $1K or – guy.
    -Play weird things (like two RBs from the same team, or a QB-RB stack).

I wouldn’t do all those strategies in one lineup though.

To win that one, you’ll likely need to be perfect anyway, but most of the time, perfect lineups leave $2K+ on the table. I have almost never seen a weak captain in a perfect lineup. Taysom Hill was close once, but someone passed him.

• emnj69

@JSteele said...

Your argument about the Niners is exactly the same though, you are not factoring any injuries that affected their performance and now that they are healthy, they are putting up monster numbers on both sides of the ball.

It’s almost as dumb as saying the Niners won the preseason game, so they are the better team.

u posted that the chiefs offense essentially should have been the same replacing hill maybe the best wr in football with hardman because he is fast-that is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read

• JSteele

@Felixxberg said...

To win that one, you’ll likely need to be perfect anyway, but most of the time, perfect lineups leave $2K+ on the table. I have almost never seen a weak captain in a perfect lineup. Taysom Hill was close once, but someone passed him.

Byron Pringle was the captain in the showdown when he went off.

It seems like leaning Niners will be contrarian

• JSteele

@emnj69 said...

u posted that the chiefs offense essentially should have been the same replacing hill maybe the best wr in football with hardman because he is fast-that is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read

Forget about that game then, what about the Patriots, why didn’t Mahomes throw for 400 yards and 6 TDs?

• emnj69

@Felixxberg said...

I have played a lot of Showdowns. The best ways to be unique are:

-Leave a lot ($3K+) on the table.
    -Play a low owned captain.
    -Play a DST that is against 2+ of your players.
    -Play a $1K or – guy.
    -Play weird things (like two RBs from the same team, or a QB-RB stack).

I wouldn’t do all those strategies in one lineup though.

I am pretty sure pringle was a captain one week and was in the winning line up
    I believe the slate will come down to breida for many if he can have an impact or not

• emnj69

@JSteele said...

Forget about that game then, what about the Patriots, why didn’t Mahomes throw for 400 yards and 6 TDs?

u make this too easy
    the guy hurt his hand on the second series of the game and had to convince the trainers to let him continue to play-he said he had to throw short passes over the middle because he could not throw a deep ball like he normally could. I think the hands are pretty important to a qb lol

forget about the fact that they were missing two rbs and playing in the hardest place to play in recent history

oh and they still won the game

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I took a quick look at every Showdown’s perfect lineup, and Byron Pringle is the only exception.

• emnj69

@Felixxberg said...

I took a quick look at every Showdown’s perfect lineup, and Byron Pringle is the only exception.

it was the perfect storm and I honestly didnt even remotely consider playing pringle that night to be honest I didnt even know pringle existed before that night

• Ando37

@JSteele said...

Once the contest starts, export all the entries and see if yours matches.

Tried this with a small Soccer contest to test it out, you still need to manually check it though unless im missing something?

Must be an easier way to check unique line ups?

470,000 entries in the superbowl contest so manually isn’t an option on that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).