NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, September 14th
    7:15 PM EST Pittsburgh (-3.5) at NY Giants (3.5) —- T: 48
    10:10 PM EST Tennessee (2.5) at Denver (-2.5) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan239

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Broncos adding a LB and safety from practice squad. No WR, must mean either Sutton or Hamler is playing. I would guess it’s Hamler

Does that limit a Jeudy? I liked what Lamb and Ruggs did but it sounds like Jeudy 3/4 on pecking order

• BazookaDad

Any news on Sutton yet?

• Dr_Gonzo

@Brendan239 said...

Does that limit a Jeudy? I liked what Lamb and Ruggs did but it sounds like Jeudy 3/4 on pecking order

If Sutton happens to play it would limit Jeudy. I don’t think Hamler will affect him, he’s the slot guy. I think Lock’s top targets will be Jeudy, Fant, and whichever back happens to be in. Really hard to tell how this Gordon/Lindsay experiment will work.

Just saw this

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports WR Courtland Sutton is a “long shot” to play in Week 1 against the Titans.

• Njsum1

@Dr_Gonzo said...

If Sutton happens to play it would limit Jeudy. I don’t think Hamler will affect him, he’s the slot guy. I think Lock’s top targets will be Jeudy, Fant, and whichever back happens to be in. Really hard to tell how this Gordon/Lindsay experiment will work.

I’m guessing even rushing split, with mg3 getting more passing down work, until they realize Flipper is a better Runner than Gordon and starts taking a larger rushing share. Yet you don’t have to worry about that tonight.

• zeeshan2

@BazookaDad said...

Any news on Sutton yet?

considered a long shot to suit up tonight

• BazookaDad

@zeeshan2 said...

I’m doing 150 lineups so I guess I’ll just plug him in and swap for Jeudy and the lineups with Sutton/Jeudy will be dead

• marker0357

@zeeshan2 said...

line movement suggest he isn’t playing IMO

• JSteele

Who do you guys like for D? I’m liking the Titans

• zeeshan2

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports WR Courtland Sutton is a “long shot” to play in Week 1 against the Titans.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1305594334839013376

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Who do you guys like for D? I’m liking the Titans

Figured the Steelers were an auto play

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Figured the Steelers were an auto play

I like the Steelers too but I prefer to pay down.

Titans just added Clowney and Denver’s O-Line was ranked 32nd by PFF going into 2020. Add in Sutton likely missing this game and I can see Denver struggling on Offense

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

Titans just added Clowney and Denver’s O-Line was ranked 32nd by PFF going into 2020. Add in Sutton likely missing this game and I can see Denver struggling on Offense

I don’t dislike the Titans defense. Just not sure what you’re paying up to. On DK I can play Steelers D and still not use all my cap. I made what seems like the most obvious line up on FD and had enough money left for Steelers D and to just pay the most expensive WR’s. Kind of ridiculous.

• SteeloCity

It feels weird playing the Steelers D with Saquon

• NDNole

Ian Rapoport says sutton not likely to play. Got it right off DK player profile.

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t dislike the Titans defense. Just not sure what you’re paying up to. On DK I can play Steelers D and still not use all my cap. I made what seems like the most obvious line up on FD and had enough money left for Steelers D and to just pay the most expensive WR’s. Kind of ridiculous.

My current lineup on FD right now I can max the cap and play Engram or drop down to Noah Fant and leave a bunch of on the table.

• Njsum1

@SteeloCity said...

It feels weird playing the Steelers D with Saquon

He’s involved in the passing game

Saquan also get his late in blowouts too. Meaning they’ll run it in obvious passing situations and he’ll get some meaningless yards.

Disclaimer….I may be making that up, yet I watch the giants a bunch and remember that happening.

• Bvgingy

@JSteele said...

Broncos o-line is ranked 14th by pff. Titans give up sacks at a high rate. Tannehill was also sacked every 10.8 dropbacks, which was third highest and that was with Conklin. Im rolling Denver D and not looking back.

• JSteele

@Bvgingy said...

Broncos o-line is ranked 14th by pff. Titans give up sacks at a high rate. Tannehill was also sacked every 10.8 dropbacks, which was third highest and that was with Conklin. Im rolling Denver D and not looking back.

It doesn’t bother you that Von Miller and Bradley Chubb are out/limited?

• monarch

Here’s how I see it.

People want to play Juju. People are willing to take a deficit at DST of possibly 10-15 points to fit in Juju. I think that is fine but I believe that any one of five different Steelers receivers can render Juju non optimal and all of those guys are cheap. I’ll have some Juju but I’m not really in favor of sacrificing my builds to get him. They don’t really need to pepper him when they can throw screens all night to Diontae Johnson, Ebron, Conners and company.

• SteeloCity

Are you guys playing Jimmy Conner?

• fresh56

@Pandamonious said...

if your playing 3 rb’s (conner, henry, Barkley) you have to pay down.

• Njsum1

@SteeloCity said...

Are you guys playing Jimmy Conner?

Only if you’re playing John McEnroe 😉

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

My current lineup on FD right now I can max the cap and play Engram or drop down to Noah Fant and leave a bunch of on the table.

TE is definitely the hardest thing on the slate. Like, even if you look at likeliest to happen things, and just play the obvious, I’m not sure there is an obvious at TE.

Engram is the biggest name, most talented, but Giants are likely to struggle offensively.

Steelers like going to the TE in the red zone, Ebron is a good receiver when he holds on to the ball, Steelers are expected to crush. Him getting several looks and like a 4-50-2 TD line wouldn’t be crazy.

Fant is expected to “breakout” and be a big part of the passing game this year, and that was with Sutton in. Denver might be forced to throw more here, as expected dogs.

Even Jonnu Smith should have a bigger role this year and him being more involved wouldn’t be weird. He’s least likely of the 4 to score the highest, but if he gets a TD and the rest don’t, who knows?

That doesn’t even include Vance McDonald who could vulture a look or two from Ebron in the red zone.

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

TE is definitely the hardest thing on the slate. Like, even if you look at likeliest to happen things, and just play the obvious, I’m not sure there is an obvious at TE.

Engram is the biggest name, most talented, but Giants are likely to struggle offensively.

Steelers like going to the TE in the red zone, Ebron is a good receiver when he holds on to the ball, Steelers are expected to crush. Him getting several looks and like a 4-50-2 TD line wouldn’t be crazy.

Fant is expected to “breakout” and be a big part of the passing game this year, and that was with Sutton in. Denver might be forced to throw more here, as expected dogs.

Even Jonnu Smith should have a bigger role this year and him being more involved wouldn’t be weird. He’s least likely of the 4 to score the highest, but if he gets a TD and the rest don’t, who knows?

That doesn’t even include Vance McDonald who could vulture a look or two from Ebron in the red zone.

This is my exact thought process, I don’t like Engram as much since Pitt is a nightmare matchup for TE, especially with Minkah Fitzpatrick in the middle of the field. I do like all the others, which is why I think a 2 TE lineup could be profitable

• monarch

AJ Brown should get whatever he wants out there

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.