NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, September 14th
    7:15 PM EST Pittsburgh (-3.5) at NY Giants (3.5) —- T: 48
    10:10 PM EST Tennessee (2.5) at Denver (-2.5) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• marker0357

who is projected in the slot for DEN?

• NDNole

Tate or slayton? I know tate has the ugly red Q

• JSteele

@NDNole said...

Tate or slayton? I know tate has the ugly red Q

Tate apparently hasn’t looked 100% so i’m cautious there. I do like Shepherd more than Slayton, but I know Slayton had some good chemistry with Jones last year.

• monarch

I like Shepherd. A little worried about his matchup with Mike Hilton but then again all of the Giants sans Saquon Barkley have a poor matchup in the pass game.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

I like Shepherd. A little worried about his matchup with Mike Hilton but then again all of the Giants sans Saquon Barkley have a poor matchup in the pass game.

If Tate is out, Shepherd should move into the slot which is a better matchup.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

If Tate is out, Shepherd should move into the slot which is a better matchup.

That’s where Mike Hilton resides. PFF #3 rated slot corner over the past two seasons. If that’s the case might be better off taking shots on Slayton.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

That’s where Mike Hilton resides. PFF #3 rated slot corner over the past two seasons. If that’s the case might be better off taking shots on Slayton.

Hmm, I misread my chart. Something to think about for the next few hours.

• BlitzburghBeatdown

Well said. Agreed, and I’m all in on Diontae.

Edit: Butchered the quote. Was trying to applaud Monarch’s logic for fading JuJu.

• boisethunder55

I have 2500 left over on dk hopefully that differentiates me enough that if I hit it big I’m alone at the top

• monarch

Looks like Golden Tate is inactive. I am rolling with Slayton over Shepherd.

• JSteele

I might just leave Shepard and hopefully they move him around the formation a bit. Maybe throw Engram in the slot a bit too.

• Dr_Gonzo

@monarch said...

Looks like Golden Tate is inactive. I am rolling with Slayton over Shepherd.

Ratley will break the slate now since it’s 2020

• superjon

Just made 3 more LU’s that leave 2200, 2700, and 3300 on the table

• SteeloCity

i have lineups with zero left and then lineups with thousands left. ugh

• lukemiller42

im going with chase claypool. i like what im hearing about him and was never impressed with pitts other receivers. im certainly willing to take the goose egg, nothing is a given in the nfl and it’s a way to pay up for other players. i admittedly only liked scotty miller because tom brady loves white guys but nonetheless, with mike evans playing no one thought scotty would even see the field let alone be brady’s favorite receiver. we have no preseason or anything to go off so if it turns out the steelers staff loves claypool, perhaps he finds his way into more rotations than expected.

my other general thoughts are, pff’s free 2020 offensive and defensive ranks (pff.com/news/nfl-pff-player-team-rankings-2020) list these rankings:

offense: titans (10), steelers (21), broncos (22), giants (26)

defense: steelers (3), broncos (11), titans (23), giants (30)

the steelers rank as having an incredible pass rush and 3 of the top 25 cbs in football. the broncos surprisingly had von’s worst season in the nfl last season and their strength lies in an underrated d-line against the run / pass and a surprisingly underrated secondary with justin simmons being a top rated player, bryce callahan being one of the best slot corners in the league when last healthy (and played for the fangio bears) and an unknown quality in aj bouye.

the titans meanwhile have a meh defensive line – the giants have good run stoppers but bad everywhere else and logan ryan is actually a very bad slot defender but a great outside defender.

with this info, my thoughts on the games tonight are i expect denver’s defense to control the titans offense and for the denver’s offense to slowly control the pace. i think ill take mg3 on the idea that the broncos want to use him but i also like lindsay and the choice of lindsay connor is tough for me…i feel connor might get stuffed but will just be such a massive usage monster that he can end up with 3 ypc but 2 tds and 80 yds just from touching the ball so much. if the steelers do blow out the giants id expect ben to not throw as much outside of a few big plays. on the giants end im going to avoid their receivers and look more to guys who will want the ball quick (engram / barkley). i like daniel jones the best i guess just because i could see a situation where the giants have to throw it a lot. but i agreed with colin cowherd that drew lock could make a huge step up this season.

obv the key is to find a game script you like. mine is steelers blow out giants leading to giants garbage time empty stat stuffing as well as the broncos mostly shutting down the titans who i thought were overrated (i still dont think tannehll is very good) and will come crashing back to earth. idk if these calls will be right but its how ive decided to construct my lineups.

ready for the claypool zero :D

• NDNole

@lukemiller42 said...

ready for the claypool zero :D

Im a pretty big Irish fan and I can say Claypool is in fact a certified monster. Reminds a lot of david boston (hopefully without the juice). I watched a lot of him and he is very big almost tight end like in size and more than just a little fast. I think its a matter of time before he is a star. Maybe not this year but I wont be surprised if he does wind up pretty successful this year if given a shot.

I will be taking a flyer on him and im only doing 2 lineups but gotta take some risks somewhere. In fact im gong to play dumber than I have ever played in a 2 game slate just to see what comes of it lol. I still have residual tilt from AD busting the one time I play him in nba.

• JSteele

I have Claypool in my .25 cent entry. He grew up about 45 minutes from me, so I like the local connection even though I never saw him play.

Edit: I added him in one of my Monday Millions lineups. Hopefully he gets a slate breaker TD. I heard they are using him as a downfield threat.

• depalma13

Kalif Raymond 57 yard TD breaks the slate tonight.

• BIF

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Broncos adding a LB and safety from practice squad. No WR, must mean either Sutton or Hamler is playing. I would guess it’s Hamler

Just catching up and maybe answered already but I heard Sutton was closer to being able to play than Hamler.

• JSteele

@BIF said...

Just catching up and maybe answered already but I heard Sutton was closer to being able to play than Hamler.

He’s currently considered a long shot

• NDNole

Sutton a longshot to play.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1305594334839013376

• JSteele

Kaden Smith slate breaker

Giants will use more 2 TE sets without Tate

• Dr_Gonzo

@JSteele said...

Kaden Smith slate breaker

Giants will use more 2 TE sets without Tate

Hamler is my call if he plays

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Pandamonious said...

Did Derrick Henry figure out how to run the football in September yet?

^^^ ^^^
    this

• XxHeisenbergxX

Being a Steelers fan Ebron is going to be the new Heath Miller…Ben is going to love this guy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.