NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, 10/19
    5:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3.5 ) at Buffalo ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -2.5 ) at Dallas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 53

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Yeah, there’s nothing in Zeke’s history to suggest he fails in prime time. Whether it’s MNF, Playoffs, Thursday’s (night or turkey day games). Nor does he light it up consistently either.

• Brendan239

@superjon said...

4 MNF games

360 total rushing yards
    3 rushing TDs
    0 receiving TDs

But going off splits for Monday night games is pretty stupid because of the extremely small sample.

I meant Dalton. Sorry

• 49noobers

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, there’s nothing in Zeke’s history to suggest he fails in prime time. Whether it’s MNF, Playoffs, Thursday’s (night or turkey day games). Nor does he light it up consistently either.

He might be 70% owned. If he fails or god forbids , get injured, you instantly got leverage over 70% of field by fading him.

• Alvance83

@Brendan239 said...

I meant Dalton. Sorry

If my memory serves every time dalton is on in prime time it is ugly. Heard on serious radio a Dallas guy saying that they were going to try to get Gallup the ball underneath more? So many unknowns in that game.
    Add on
    This was in his bengals time when he would often face the Steelers or Baltimore defence which would not of helped his cause

• Pandamonious

@49noobers said...

He might be 70% owned. If he fails or god forbids , get injured, you instantly got leverage over 70% of field by fading him.

Yeah, well that’s a whole other thing. I think it’s a legitimate question. Haven’t built anything yet, but with the higher priced WR’s/TE’s (Hopkins, Hill, Kelce, Diggs, Cooper (not really that expensive) an argument can be made to getting to them, and going cheaper at RB, like Moss/Drake or Moss/CEH and passing on Elliot.

Normally you’d pay up at RB, and embrace WR variance, but I’m guessing at least 3 of those guys, most likely Hopkins, Cooper, then Hill or Kelce, hit well.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

To be different.

Yeah I guess you will just miss the cash line with only 15 people instead of 1500

• Pandamonious

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah I guess you will just miss the cash line with only 15 people instead of 1500

So, you’re going all in on Zeke!?

Hot take(?) : 1 TD, and not hitting 100 yards, he’s not in the winning line up.

2 game slate specific.

Showdown, maybe not either, depending on Hopkins/Cooper/QB’s.

• squidkill

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, well that’s a whole other thing. I think it’s a legitimate question. Haven’t built anything yet, but with the higher priced WR’s/TE’s (Hopkins, Hill, Kelce, Diggs, Cooper (not really that expensive) an argument can be made to getting to them, and going cheaper at RB, like Moss/Drake or Moss/CEH and passing on Elliot.

Normally you’d pay up at RB, and embrace WR variance, but I’m guessing at least 3 of those guys, most likely Hopkins, Cooper, then Hill or Kelce, hit well.

I see your drake and raise an Edmonds. Think he gets more work tonight

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

2 game slate specific.

Havent dug in yet but I would assume i get a heavy amount. Mainly giving him a hard time about playing Pollard in his FD SD lineup

• Fontaine

@Pandamonious said...

Its all relative to the slate. Tonight, Zeke is a lock. Opportunity cost is too great. If you fade the top option on the slate at a position, normally you need to identify a value below him that can produce enough RAW points to keep you alive. Showdowns and 2 game slates are about Raw points only, value means very little in my experience. So I ask, to the Zeke faders, who is that guy that can produce sufficient raw points to warrent fading Zeke?

Clyde Edwards-Helaire doesn’t score TDs and that’s kind of a major problem in DFS that people seem to overlook and will blindly cram in CEH. I will say from the jump CEH is a stone fade tonight in my opinion. If you want a RB that doesn’t score TDs and only gets value between the end zones, I’m saving 1300 taking the 50% ownership leverage on Kenyon Drake.

Affer Clyde Edwards-Helaire it drops drastically. While I just mentioned Drake, he doesn’t catch passes and doesn’t score TDs either. Drake hasn’t even topped 14 FDPs once this year and word in Arizona is Chase Edmonds will be the guy soon.

The remaining viable RBs (Pollard, Moss, Singletary). I would bet good money Zeke outscores ALL 3 combined probably 95% of the time.

Bottom line, even If Zeke gets 15, he will be a must, and needed to win anything of good value in those GPPs. How likely is it Zeke gets 15? I’d bet my house.

Thanks for reading

• jdtrey

@Fontaine said...

Bottom line, even If Zeke gets 15, he will be a must, and needed to win anything of good value in those GPPs. How likely is it Zeke gets 15? I’d bet my house.

I absolutely appreciate the points you made in your post regarding RBs and leverage but if Zeke only gets 15 it’s almost a guarantee he isn’t optimal – unless this is some weird 9-6 game that no one is expecting.

• jdtrey

@Brendan239 said...

I meant Dalton. Sorry

He’s a monster in prime time, wait I meant monstrosity!

6-19-1 in prime time, 61.5% completion, 80.6 rating and a whopping 6.39 YPA.
    (3) 300 yard games out of 26
    5694 yards, 28 TDs, 21 INTs

but please, feel free to fade Zeke =D

• Njsum1

@NDNole said...

I kinda think the cowboys dont even miss a beat by much if any.

What beat have they been on, except getting beat? 😁

They suck. They beat the Hapless falcons on the luckiest onsides I’ve ever seen, and almost lost to the juggernaut Giants. This is a below average football team at best.

If you mean their offense, then yes I agree. Dalton should do fine with those weapons. Yet as mentioned he doesnt do great in prime time. Still I’ll have some Dalton shares on DK. He’s got guys who can make him look good.

• Fontaine

@jdtrey said...

I absolutely appreciate the points you made in your post regarding RBs and leverage but if Zeke only gets 15 it’s almost a guarantee he isn’t optimal – unless this is some weird 9-6 game that no one is expecting.

Optimal doesn’t apply in showdowns and 2 game slates. Atleast not for me. I feel like people never realize that. The variance in such a limited player pool prevents value from mattering like it does on 3+ game. The other side of that coin is his ownership. Fading the top option with no viable options to catch him, on a 2 game slate at a RB position that usually has less variance then WR/TE is suicide and usually that’s a donation proposition. Its always wiser in these scenarios to lock and keep it moving and thats what i’ll do be doing tonight

• jdtrey

Not arguing with you on the optimal argument for single/2 games – I was specifically referring to the scenario in which Zeke only gets 15 tonight, in that case he’s not optimal AND more importantly (and what I was really getting at) would not be on any winning lineups

ETA: Value always matters.

• thedkexperience

I see a lot of people who think Andy Dalton can replace Dak Prescott.

Dak was on pace to shatter every yardage record in NFL history while Dalton hasn’t eclipsed 4000 yards since 2016. People crap on Dak’s mediocre record as the Cowboys QB but Dalton has not had a winning season since 2015. People talk about how Dak is a product of his weapons but Dalton has had AJ Green for literally his entire career along with more than a few good RBs and at one point a top 5 defense.

2020 Andy Dalton is not a good QB. They may as well be starting Eli Manning.

• Njsum1

@thedkexperience said...

I see a lot of people who think Andy Dalton can replace Dak Prescott.

Dak was on pace to shatter every yardage record in NFL history while Dalton hasn’t eclipsed 4000 yards since 2016. People crap on Dak’s mediocre record as the Cowboys QB but Dalton has not had a winning season since 2015. People talk about how Dak is a product of his weapons but Dalton has had AJ Green for literally his entire career along with more than a few good RBs and at one point a top 5 defense.

2020 Andy Dalton is not a good QB. They may as well be starting Eli Manning.

Dak is clearly better than Dalton…CLEARLY

However…..Dak’s stats are inflated. They were inflated last year as well. He does work against weak defenses, or when the Cowboys are trailing and the defense is in more of a prevent mode.

Do we know how bad Dalton is? He really hasn’t had much to work with and always seemed to make the playoffs for a while, and that was with uncreative play calling. Yes, he would promptly choke and be shown an early exit.

No matter how bad the Dallas defense is, the Dallas Off is legit, we shall see how bad daulton really is over the next 4 games or so.

• thedkexperience

@Njsum1 said...

Dak is clearly better than Dalton…CLEARLY

However…..Dak’s stats are inflated. They were inflated last year as well. He does work against weak defenses, or when the Cowboys are trailing and the defense is in more of a prevent mode.

Do we know how bad Dalton is? He really hasn’t had much to work with and always seemed to make the playoffs for a while, and that was with uncreative play calling. Yes, he would promptly choke and be shown an early exit.

No matter how bad the Dallas defense is, the Dallas Off is legit, we shall see how bad daulton really is over the next 4 games or so.

Yup, I agree with that summary completely. You’re right, in 4 weeks I could look silly for saying that and I’d be ridiculous to assume all of Dak’s stats are ALL DAK.

Still, it’s Andy Dalton. On his best day he’ll likely get 20 DK points and I don’t really see this being his best day.

• biga0787

Is it crazy to play zeke and cardinals d together hoping Dalton gets sacked a bunch and throws a pick or two?

• Njsum1

@thedkexperience said...

Still, it’s Andy Dalton. On his best day he’ll likely get 20 DK points and I don’t really see this being his best day

Yeah I’m not arguing that Daulton is great or anything. I’m just Curious as to how he performs in a better offense. He might be terrible, or he might be good 🤷‍♂️

I’m in wait and see mode.

• NDNole

@Pandamonious said...

2 game slate specific.

That could be the case. Only playing 2 lineups. Might fade him in one just in case.

• Fontaine

Larry Fitzgerald gonna score a TD at 4900 FD tonight

• axman15

Rank for tonight: Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Schultz

?

• thedkexperience

@axman15 said...

Rank for tonight: Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Schultz

?

It’s a complete dart but Dalton spent half a decade peppering AJ Green with targets. Sounds like that means he’s probably going to look for Cooper.

Hell if I know though. Total shot in the dark there.

Anyway, I’d probably go with your rankings.

• Nick_Schwam

You guys crack me up in here 😂

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).