• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, January 7th
    4:35 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 7.5 ) at Seattle ( -7.5 ) —- T: 43

Sunday, January 8th
    1:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10 ) at Pittsburgh ( -10 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:40 PM EST : NY Giants ( 4 ) at Green Bay ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• fanturds

@Gheag2014 said...

If you really think there’s another back that will out score him, he could have an average day with 26 DK just off volume alone and still out score all the other rbs

i think Bell projects as the highest RB by far, but if not rostering Bell means you can grab 3 elite WR and both RB’s that you do play outperform their salary it could work out.

its a gamble.

speaking of gambles, I love Hopkins. praying for low ownership….

• jamesfishing

All other things equal, Big Ben/”(player-popup)Will Tye”:/players/will-tye-21700 or Moore/Graham ?

• JimKronlund

To Cobb or not to Cobb???

• Watchmefly

@fanturds said...

i think Bell projects as the highest RB by far, but if not rostering Bell means you can grab 3 elite WR and both RB’s that you do play outperform their salary it could work out.

its a gamble.

speaking of gambles, I love Hopkins. praying for low ownership….

Partially kidding, obviously but have you seen who will be throwing to DHop? The funnier part is I read write ups that talk poorly about DHop and Fuller like it is their fault

• jonube

Opinions on Xavier Gimble….

• dmac37

@JimKronlund said...

To Cobb or not to Cobb???

As a guy that wants to fit Geronimo into my lineup I found an article on Cobb. Here was Cobb’s response about playing this week. Asked Thursday if he likes his chances to play Sunday, Cobb replied, “I do, but I liked my chances last week, too.”

IMO it is not a good sign when a player is doubting his own chances, usually they are all go.

• JimKronlund

@dmac37 said...

IMO it is not a good sign when a player is doubting his own chances, usually they are all go.

Agreed and ty

• cy1985

@dmac37 said...

As a guy that wants to fit Geronimo into my lineup I found an article on Cobb. Here was Cobb’s response about playing this week. Asked Thursday if he likes his chances to play Sunday, Cobb replied, “I do, but I liked my chances last week, too.”

Cobb could be this year’s Jeff Janis.

• Ipt007

Graham could be the missing piece today in GPPs. So hard to get him in though.

• deactivated204643

Cobb’s reply was framed in regard to last week vs Det. Cobb expected to play but was held out and he wasn’t happy about it. I’ve been agonizing over playing him or Allison on FD since they’re only $100 apart. My guess is this, I think GB will have packages for both of them with Cobb getting more snaps than Allison. Again, a guess based on AR immense trust and rapport with Cobb.

Several beat writers have said they expect Cobb to play, if that’s the only question.

• Daybo

If you do fade bell you’re hoping he gets 20-25 and one of the lower backs matches him for 4k+ salary discount and then it would be a good play, but if he gets 30-40 you are most likely sunk

• dmac37

@bluebroker said...

Cobb’s reply was framed in regard to last week vs Det. Cobb expected to play but was held out and he wasn’t happy about it. I’ve been agonizing over playing him or Allison on FD since they’re only $100 apart. My guess is this, I think GB will have packages for both of them with Cobb getting more slightly more snaps than Allison. Again, a guess based on AR immense trust and rapport with Cobb.

Several beat writers have said they expect Cobb to play, if that’s the only question.

The article I quoted is from the Wisconsin State Journal on Jan 6th.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-randall-cobb-likes-chances-to-play-sunday-against-giants/article_533b6a2d-deb6-5fec-90d1-eb8449ee4746.html

• jamesfishing

@Daybo said...

If you do fade bell you’re hoping he gets 20-25 and one of the lower backs matches him for 4k+ salary discount and then it would be a good play, but if he gets 30-40 you are most likely sunk

The other chance is if both Brown and Odell go for 30+ and you have them both, then fading bell could pay off.

• pjbyrne707

Built my DK lineups around a core of Ben, Bell, Perkins, Brown, Richardson, Cook, and Texans D, then filled in the holes with the 5 possible combinations of Stills ($3,800), Rogers ($4,000), Cruz ($3,800), and Boldin ($4,000). Thoughts?

• Simplebitz

• kdsdawg

@jamesfishing said...

The other chance is if both Brown and Odell go for 30+ and you have them both, then fading bell could pay off.

just made a L/U with Bell, Brown and Beckham..Stafford at QB..just to see how it looked
    played it in the quarter arcade for the heck of it
    cheap TEs at TE and flex

• Daybo

Shepard, and furthermore I think id rather have stills Rogers or Boldin on Dk at similar to cruz price, on a 4 game slate though if you are feeling a cruz breakout im sure hell be super low owned

• deactivated204643

@dmac37 said...

The article I quoted is from the Wisconsin State Journal on Jan 6th.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-randall-cobb-likes-chances-to-play-sunday-against-giants/article_533b6a2d-deb6-5fec-90d1-eb8449ee4746.html

Yes, I read that, also saw the interview with Cobb. I play DFS but I’m a lifelong GB fan, a blessing and curse when deciding DFS LU. I’m playing around 50 GPP LU and if I had to decide between Cobb and Allison, I’m leaning toward Cobb. I like Allison a lot, played him extensively the past two weeks but Cobb and AR are close friends (AR even went to Cobbs college graduation last year when Cobb went back to get his degree) on and off the field. I’ve been saying all week, trust, experience and loyalty take precedent over talent in GB. I’m not saying it’s right, it’s just how AR & MM operate. Cobb has been very limited by injuries all year. If he is really healthy after two weeks off I like him a lot but there is no way of knowing until the game is played. I’ll have about 15-20% Cobb and 5-10% Allison. Sorry, I know that’s clear as mud.

• thetitanlb

@kdsdawg said...

wouldn’t matter if he gets it 30 times with that OL…IMO

It’s more about the checkdown. Zenner is gonna be used in the ridick role somewhat. So I see him getting around 5 catches

• Ipt007

http://www.fantasylabs.com/articles/nfl-wild-card-weekend-everything-there-know/

great article on the O/U correlation. Need all the info possible for this slate.

• kdsdawg

@thetitanlb said...

It’s more about the checkdown. Zenner is gonna be used in the ridick role somewhat. So I see him getting around 5 catches

this was in reply to the Rawls getting 20 touches quote..not Zenner

• FFguru71

@jamesfishing said...

Not gonna happen…at least not ODB

• Watchmefly

@kpquick24 said...

Can someone save me from playing Osweiler?

Lol, I was in your boat until I gave up on dream of 2 top WRs. It was stubborn but if you can find a way to trade up slightly to Moore, that’d be a good idea.

• lfn1992

People are talking about fitting in Bell, but what about Graham? He’s the only halfway-decent TE, otherwise you’re rolling the dice you pick the correct scrub with a 2/7/1 stat line.

• brendanhorton

@lfn1992 said...

People are talking about fitting in Bell, but what about Graham? He’s the only halfway-decent TE, otherwise you’re rolling the dice you pick the correct scrub with a 2/7/1 stat line.

A lot of times this season it has felt like Graham was a dice roll himself. At least if I roll the dice on a TE like Cook, I have more to spend elsewhere.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.