• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, January 7th
    4:35 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 7.5 ) at Seattle ( -7.5 ) —- T: 43

Sunday, January 8th
    1:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10 ) at Pittsburgh ( -10 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:40 PM EST : NY Giants ( 4 ) at Green Bay ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• chatmar

Congratulations to all who had a profitable weekend. Thanks to everyone that gave insightful, detailed and free advice. I am new to DFS and have tried the “do the endless hours of my own research thing” (getting it wrong most of the time) since finding this forum. What I gain from all of your input helps me to better understand the mistakes within my own analysis. I’m a small time GPP player so max entry and losing about 12 bucks won’t break the bank, but I would really like to better understand how some off you went from playing small $ GPP’S to having success at some of the more $$$ GPP’s? All of your help has helped me to now normally break even over a weekend. So much thanks! Hoping one day to take my DFS to the next level. On to next week. Best of luck to each of you

• tmarohl

@eatmyturf23 said...

OBJ… Eli never looked his way.”

Wha?! 11 targets is pretty good, man, haha. OBJ had multiple drops.

OBJ may be the most over-rated WR in history, even though he has elite numbers. Pedestrian WR’s have been shredding the Packers all season. OBJ didn’t do squat in two games against them. All he did tonight was bang his head against the wall and punch a hole in the wall.

• chronoxiong

Eff everything. My WRs were Jordy/Landry/Tate and you can well assume those 3 guys killed my lineup and made me donate money for the week. I didn’t stand a chance at all. I guess it turns out you needed to play Kenny Stills (5K on FD) so it can free up salary to play Antonio Brown and upgrade Tate into Baldwin. I would’ve had a much better chance if I did that. Sad…

• deactivated66527

@tmarohl said...

OBJ may be the most over-rated WR in history, even though he has elite numbers. Pedestrian WR’s have been shredding the Packers all season. OBJ didn’t do squat in two games against them. All he did tonight was bang his head against the wall and punch a hole in the wall.

He chokes under pressure – both physical and mental. Doesn’t handle solid press coverage or the spotlight well.

• Semaj89

Let’s have a toast to all who had 0% Cobb this weekend lol

Can someone who did roster him, outside of a desperation late swap, share your though process please?

• Nobakov

Things just work out the way they work out. If Jordy doesn’t get hurt I seriously doubt Cobb comes anywhere close to where he did end up.

• kdsdawg

you also have to remember that 14 points came on a hail mary at the half..still a good day at the office without it but 14 points is huge in a GPP
    purely luck picking a WR that was questionable all the way up to Sunday morning
    in fact luck might not be the right word…

• PDFOUR

@tmarohl said...

I think that says more about the playcalls and the QB than it does OBJ.

As for the Cobb play that was a fluke. And in all honesty was a bad play that ended up working due to rare circumstances.

1. Cromartie one of the best Cornerbacks leaves the game early due to an injury. That guy covers the slot.

2. Jordy Nelson gets injured.

Eliminate those two factors and we won’t even be talking about Cobb lol.

• Ipt007

@Semaj89 said...

Can someone who did roster him, outside of a desperation late swap, share your though process please?

Here is my rationale and only played the 4 game slate with 10 LUs. All about upside at the FLEX spot (WR spots were a core of Richardson, Landry, AB, Baldwin, Rodgers Jr, Adams, Hopkins, 1 Stills), % owned, and how your lineup matches up vs the field. Going into the late game, at 4k or so, you had these main options; Perkins, Cook, Tye, Jennings, Allison, Cobb, Rip. Jennings was pretty much MIA the last month, RIP not enough touches, already had a good amount of Cook or TYE at the TE and don’t generally like using TE in the flex, but still looked at proj % and upside. This left Perkins, Allison, or Cobb. Perkins is the most explosive RB NYG had and thought they would keep it close, 20% on a 4 game slate not bad. Allison got opportunities with Cobb hurt, but hes a clear #3 or #4 behind Adams/Jordy/Cook and now we know Cobb would play ahead of him. Early in the day we got word Cobb was going to be active and I posted this about 30 minutes before the game “Cobb dropped 22 on the last matchup vs Rodgers-Crom. Is he healthy though?” Looking at the history you see Cobb beast-ed on NYG in the first game. That pretty much left Cobb vs Perkins. Highest floor is Perkins with Cobb being risky, but highest ceiling was easily Cobb. Rodgers has always used Cobb as a crutch. Obviously the Cobb owners hit lightning in a bottle with RC and Jordy getting hurt, but in DFS there is always some element to that. At the end of the day, I went more Perkins (safer floor) than Cobb and it cost me thousands, but did catch lightning with Cobb in the Q Milly. 58th place. Hope this helps.

• Tammy409

@Ipt007 said...

Here is my rationale and only played the 4 game slate with 10 LUs. All about upside at the FLEX spot (WR spots were a core of Richardson, Landry, AB, Baldwin, Rodgers Jr, Adams, Hopkins, 1 Stills), % owned, and how your lineup matches up vs the field. Going into the late game, at 4k or so, you had these main options; Perkins, Cook, Tye, Jennings, Allison, Cobb, Rip. Jennings was pretty much MIA the last month, RIP not enough touches, already had a good amount of Cook or TYE at the TE and don’t generally like using TE in the flex, but still looked at proj % and upside. This left Perkins, Allison, or Cobb. Perkins is the most explosive RB NYG had and thought they would keep it close, 20% on a 4 game slate not bad. Allison got opportunities with Cobb hurt, but hes a clear #3 or #4 behind Adams/Jordy/Cook and now we know Cobb would play ahead of him. Early in the day we got word Cobb was going to be active and I posted this about 30 minutes before the game “Cobb dropped 22 on the last matchup vs Rodgers-Crom. Is he healthy though?” Looking at the history you see Cobb beast-ed on NYG in the first game. That pretty much left Cobb vs Perkins. Highest floor is Perkins with Cobb being risky, but highest ceiling was easily Cobb. Rodgers has always used Cobb as a crutch. Obviously the Cobb owners hit lightning in a bottle with RC and Jordy getting hurt, but in DFS there is always some element to that. At the end of the day, I went more Perkins (safer floor) than Cobb and it cost me thousands, but did catch lightning with Cobb in the Q Milly. 58th place. Hope this helps.

Nice work. Since Day One on these threads, I have found this groupthink (sourgrapes) re non-chalk winning picks to be ludicrous. I played him in as well in a couple and did the same with Janis. My rationale?… High-ceiling pro football players that Aaron Rodgers might throw a few balls near.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@Semaj89 said...

I ended up with Cobb in 18 out of my 65 lineups in the $3 on DK. It was originally at 3 of 65 but I swapped in 15 additional shares of him after the news broke that he would start. Mainly swapped off of Odell and Jordy to allow me to pay up at other spots I had gone cheap at (for example, went from Victor Cruz Perkins”:/players/paul-perkins-35545 to Davante Adams or Eli to Aaron Rodgers). Obviously worked out for me but it was mainly a game theory play as I figured he’d be under owned and he had a reasonable path to 15-20 fpts given his prior success against the Giants and the fact that I thought the Giants would work to eliminated Jordy/Davante more than they would him.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

And additional note and why it’s so important to pay attention to news and utilize late swap in NFL (might be the last season we can do so). I had a lineup with Rawls/Baldwin/Seahawks D entering Sunday’s game. I went with an Eli-Odell stack with Jay Ajayi (game theory play off of Leveon ownership that obviously failed) and Jarvis Landry from the early game. Landry did well but Ajayi put up a dud so I knew I had to do something different with the lineup to have any chance of success. I decided Odell wasn’t going to be that path as he’d be too highly owned. Also thought Jordy would be too highly owned. So if the Packers were going to succeed against the Giants without Jordy what was that most reasonable path? Everyone but Jordy… so I stacked Rodgers with Adams, Cobb,and Cook to fill out my lineup.

The lineup finished in 14th for $1,250 despite the dud from Ajayi. Just imagine if Ajayi had done anything decent ha ha. But then again I probably wouldn’t have swapped off Eli/Odell if he had so thank you for sucking Jay!

• deactivated204643

@Semaj89 said...

I made a several posts throughout the week recommending Cobb. I was quite specific. There were many reasons to like him; he’d been battling injuries all year, coming off two weeks rest, but what sold me was knowing Cobbs chemistry with Rodgers and the trust GB as an organization puts in certain veteran players. There is always luck involved but to me he was an obvious value play. I just started posting here a week ago so I understand why people wouldn’t take me seriously, don’t blame you, but look back at what I posted and you’ll see I pushed Cobb hard all week to anyone who would listen. The best reason to play Cobb was because AR is his QB, too many people didn’t think Rodgers could beat the NY defense and that made no sense to me. We’ve called Bell & Johnson matchup proof all year but people seem hesitant to think a QB can be matchup proof. Right now Rodgers is damn close and too many doubted that.

If it’s any consolation I had zero Rawls because I was talked off of him reading this forum, my fault. On the other hand people on here moved me to Baldwin. Regardless, had my best week of the year and I want to thank everyone in the forum for contributing to that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).