NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sunday, January 22nd
    3:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Atlanta ( -4 ) —- T: 60
    6:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• xpac21

from what i read it seemed the only reason lewis got the goal line TD last week was cuz they were running no huddle and didnt want to substitute

• AVivier

@billholler said...

Every site I frequent, including this one, has Lewis as the highest projected ownership of any back and it’s not even close. I would be surprised if he’s less than 60%.

Maybe, guess we’ll see. He was projected at 32% last week and came in at 19-25% on the main DK contests.

• AVivier

@xpac21 said...

from what i read it seemed the only reason lewis got the goal line TD last week was cuz they were running no huddle and didnt want to substitute

The drive started at the Houston 6.

• deactivated204643

@billholler said...

Every site I frequent, including this one, has Lewis as the highest projected ownership of any back and it’s not even close. I would be surprised if he’s less than 60%.

I have made a number of bad fade choices in the past 6-8 weeks based on ownership percentages that are tossed around. I’m not complaining, only pointing out a flaw in my thinking. On this forum there is so much scrutiny, so much talk about every player (a great thing) that by the end of the week I have to remind myself to be careful, not all who play DFS are as obsessed as those of us on this forum. I think it was week 15 or 16 everyone was talking about Zac Ertz being mad chalk. I still kept him in a few LU and when the game started his ownership was 10% on FD and he put up a huge game. Just one example. I pay attention to ownership but I think it’s important to remember that just because we’re talking about a sneaky play doesn’t mean that the majority of DFS players have reached the same conclusion. Maybe I’m just easily distracted, lol.

• Fazool

All on the Blount. BB was leaving him fresh for this week!

• Brodero

@bluebroker said...

I have made a number of bad fade choices in the past 6-8 weeks based on ownership percentages that are tossed around. I’m not complaining, only pointing out a flaw in my thinking. On this forum there is so much scrutiny, so much talk about every player (a great thing) that by the end of the week I have to remind myself to be careful, not all who play DFS are as obsessed as those of us on this forum. I think it was week 15 or 16 everyone was talking about Zac Ertz being mad chalk. I still kept him in a few LU and when the game started his ownership was 10% on FD and he put up a huge game. Just one example. I pay attention to ownership but I think it’s important to remember that just because we’re talking about a sneaky play doesn’t mean that the majority of DFS players have reached the same conclusion. Maybe I’m just easily distracted, lol.

True, makes you wonder what percentage of DFS player frequent this site or others that may suggest ownership as opposed to the mass that may just play for fun and don’t do any research but because they play season long, they think they know how to play.

• Hoss_Man

With all of the GB injuries and now Rodger under the weather, it feels like this could be a 48-27 type game. Matty Ice with 4 TD passes, Freeman and Coleman each with a rushing TD and/or receiving TD. GB gets a TD from Cook, Ty and Cobb.

Pitt/NE feels like 30-23 NE. Who know’s where these TDs will go! One Blount, one Edelman and one to Lewis. Pitts gets a AB and Roger TD.

• Hoss_Man

I think Blount will get a ton off snaps purely to keep the Pitt LBs honest.

• AVivier

DK has next week up already, minus pricing of course. $3 100k, $4 400k and $33 entry for $200k guaranteed. Yuck!

• WidumBoise

Now Rodgers is feeling under the weather.

Can’t help but think the Packers are trolling us at this point…

50 BURGER INCOMING

• WidumBoise

We need the insight of the Blount Whisperer Mr. Alvin Zeidenfeld

• deactivated204643

@WidumBoise said...

Now Rodgers is feeling under the weather.

Can’t help but think the Packers are trolling us at this point…

50 BURGER INCOMING

In Rodgers press conference today when he admitted being sick a reporter started a question with “I don’t want to make this into a Michael Jordon flu thing…” and Rodgers interrupted with “then don’t”. I enjoy his wiseassedness.

• deactivated204643

fwiw, former Packer James Jones was on NFL network today. He acted as if he doesn’t expect Jordy to play but he thinks Adams will. I know it’s not much but he’s still wired into the GB locker room. He said he spoke to ARod and I think he said he talked to Adams also.

• mike42

They got it to the 1 or 2 and brady went to hurry up so, no substitutions. Guessing blount would have got carry if not for that.

• mike42

Its not like the GB passing attack is like NE’s, they don’t seem to need perfect timing. Most of the yards AROD gets are off of schoolyard plays where whatever they scribbled in the huddle gets tossed out the door 2-3 seconds into the play. You can see brady and M. Floyd not on the same page, I don’t seem to recall that w GB. And he’s right, that game in atl had 2-3 Wr’s score that hadn’t played all year, I remember watching it. I played Janis that week as a sleeper and like 2 other guys I never heard of caught TD’s b4 he got his.
    With that being said, I am going 75% ryan, I can see AROD outscoring him, I can see ATL geting 2-3 rushing TD’s but I can also see ATL winning by 2TD’s and I can’t see GB winning by more than a FG. I can also see GB rushing 15PLUS times and getting a rushing TD or 2 just to keep their def off of the field and because anyone can run on ATL.

• mike42

Basically if ATL wins 42-27 and has 2-3 rushing TD’s, all ben needs to do is throw for 300 and 2 TD’s which he is more than capable of especially if PATS stuff the box on bell. About 8x this year I’ve heard about the triple B’s stack and everytime it didn’t hit. Now nobody is talking about it…..hmmmmm.
    NE’s D has a very strong chance of being overrated, if WIlson was the only good QB they faced and he lit them up, no reason Big ben can’t do it too. I thought Houston moved the ball a lot easier than I thought they would against them. Either NE had an off game and are going to bounce back hard or they may be in trouble and BEN could be in the winning lineup.

• mike42

Janis is a good punt and their is one caveat to the White/d. Lewis situation, Lewis fumbled twice last week and lost one. That’s a big deal, coaches would prefer you go on a yacht with justin Bieber during the playoffs or abuse your GF or get caught w weed rather than fumble in a playoff game….twice. I don’t think lewis sees as much action this week and white may get more snaps. If lewis fumbles once, he’s done for game, no question.

• mike42

I’m making about 20 lineups and completely fading the NE backfield, it feels like an easy decision. Pit D playing strong as of late, split carries, high ownership, NE looked shabby last week. If neither of them scores 15-20 DK points, it will put you ahead of 80% of the field and its a very realistic possibility.

• ASitar

Watch Adams do this week what Cobb did in his last game. GTD, low ownership, gets targeted a ton and nabs 2-3 TDs. I hope that “Q” stays by his name until kickoff. Any player that CAN play in the playoffs IS in play and will show up.

• deactivated204643

@mike42 said...

I’m making about 20 lineups and completely fading the NE backfield, it feels like an easy decision. Pit D playing strong as of late, split carries, high ownership, NE looked shabby last week. If neither of them scores 15-20 DK points, it will put you ahead of 80% of the field and its a very realistic possibility.

I’ve been thinking the same things. I wasn’t impressed with NE last week but it’s sobering to bet against Brady at home…

• fpm2015

@mike42 said...

ALL THE DION LEWIS

• fpm2015

@ASitar said...

Watch Adams do this week what Cobb did in his last game. GTD, low ownership, gets targeted a ton and nabs 2-3 TDs. I hope that “Q” stays by his name until kickoff. Any player that CAN play in the playoffs IS in play and will show up.

adams has a high ankle sprain so what your saying is he’s gonna goat at under 100% healthy those injuries take 4-6 weeks to heal he plays runs a few routes and gives you the goose egg

• telestraightshooter

The Vegas props suggest Cook will output slightly better than James or Bennett.
    Cook 4.5 rec/ 50.5 yards/ +200 TD odds
    Bennett 3.5 rec/ 38.5 yards/ +200 TD odds
    James 3 rec/ 31.5 yards/ +230 TD odds

One can pay $2.4k more for Cook over James for a projected +3.5 dK pts……or take the savings & upgrade from bigBen to AaronRodgersMichealJordon for +14 dK pts (18 vs 32)

• Dadeano860

@telestraightshooter said...

The Vegas props suggest Cook will output slightly better than James or Bennett.
    Cook 4.5 rec/ 50.5 yards/ +200 TD odds
    Bennett 3.5 rec/ 38.5 yards/ +200 TD odds
    James 3 rec/ 31.5 yards/ +230 TD odds

Give me the Cook over ALL DAY. When Trump legalizes sports betting I’m going to be rich.

• Dadeano860

According to Vegas Rodgers, Ryan, Brady and Ben are going to throw for between 290-320. The first 3 have favorable odds for 3 TDs while Ben is predicted for 2.

We can debate all we want, the top QB play is going to come down to who throws the 3rd or possible 4th TD. Just like last week when Dak outscored Rodgers due to him getting them inside the 5 and Monty vulturing both TDs.

If Blount is on the back burner, Brady might just be the one to throw 4 TDs

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.