NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sunday, January 22nd
    3:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Atlanta ( -4 ) —- T: 60
    6:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdsdawg

@Vikingtiger said...

Now gabriel?? I would love to know who is gonna be healthy at the WR position this week that is not in my lineups??haha

its a Wednesday practice, he was limited, happens all the time..not to mention, how much practice do you need this time of year

• Hoss_Man

@Vikingtiger said...

Now gabriel?? I would love to know who is gonna be healthy at the WR position this week that is not in my lineups??haha

I know! I wonder which of these injured players is going go off for a big day. How many lineups just dropped Adams or Allison, and added Cobb?

• Hoss_Man

Could this be another Coleman-Freeman winning lineup weekend?

• Vikingtiger

Here is what is gonna happen. I will keep my lineups as is and someone like Janus or ARobinson is gonna go off. So I may have to sit on this and wait till late in the week and even then still miss the mystery flyer that is sure to emerge. I love this little hobby I have developed.

• Vikingtiger

@Hoss_Man said...

Could this be another Coleman-Freeman winning lineup weekend?

Could be and I really like them more and more with Jones’s gimpy toe and Gabriel possibly being limited. One thing is for sure, ATL is gonna get their points one way or another or both???

• Hoss_Man

@Vikingtiger said...

Could be and I really like them more and more with Jones’s gimpy toe and Gabriel possibly being limited. One thing is for sure, ATL is gonna get their points one way or another or both???

I’m hoping Jones’ toe, plus lack of red zone targets, plus duds in prime spots = Smart Fade. Hoping…

• kdsdawg

GABRIEL IS NOT LIMITED..dam…please fade him because he was limited in a Wednesday practice..Julio will be fine as well..he only came out against the Seahawks because they had a safe lead..coach said he could have continued to play if had been needed

• Vikingtiger

@kdsdawg said...

GABRIEL IS NOT LIMITED..dam…please fade him because he was limited in a Wednesday practice..Julio will be fine as well..he only came out against the Seahawks because they had a safe lead..coach said he could have continued to play if had been needed

Not even close to fading him. Or maybe I will, hell I don’t know what hell I am doing anyway.

• Messiah717

Adams is the one injury situation worth monitoring. Actually, the one annoying situation worth monitoring since he’s no going to practice until Saturday. That would be crazy if somehow Adams ends up ruled out along with Jordy Nelson. That being said you would figure unless the ankle is hanging off he’s going to get on the field and give it a go in the NFC Championship game.

• kdsdawg

need updated info on kick and punt returners
    Eric Weems returns punts and kicks for Atlanta
    Randall Cobb PR and Ty Montgomery KR??
    I think I saw Hogan for NE back for punts once, Amendola as well..KR is??
    Pittsburgh, Antonio Brown PR..KR is ??

anyone confirm any of this

• walterwhite

Dion Lewis of all people was returning kicks for NE last week. That is how he got 6 of his dk points from last week on a return td. He also lost a point on a lost fumble on a diff kick return and that is how houston got back into the game on a short field and osweiller took advatange for a cj fed td (you didnt think hopkins would get one by this point did you?)

I really think dion lewis is going to be highly owned this week but sometimes the highly owned player is still the most useful if they score enough points. Then again watch belicheck pound blount 30 times and blount have 140 yards 2 tds and 9 percent ownership.

• fpm2015

@walterwhite said...

Dion Lewis of all people was returning kicks for NE last week. That is how he got 6 of his dk points from last week on a return td. He also lost a point on a lost fumble on a diff kick return and that is how houston got back into the game on a short field and osweiller took advatange for a cj fed td (you didnt think hopkins would get one by this point did you?)

I really think dion lewis is going to be highly owned this week but sometimes the highly owned player is still the most useful if they score enough points. Then again watch belicheck pound blount 30 times and blount have 140 yards 2 tds and 9 percent ownership.

dion lewis negative regression points chasing fumbling high owned trap

• mike42

16 game slates are tougher. I have no problem splitting 250k 5 ways. Really no problem. I finished in a 4 way tie for second in a $50 medium sized tourney last week even though I had different players than the other 3 and it still didn;t bother me. Losing bothers me, pushing with a bunch of guys at the top, not as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

• mike42

Exactly. Cook could catch 8/80 with no TD’s and cost you a lineup witch would have had julio or antonio going off for 31. Its not just a TE decision and cook doesn’t catch TD’s very often, Rodgers (TE) catches more TD’s than COOK. The 2 reasons to fade Cook are he doesn’t get in the end zone and he costs you at other positions. U can’t get a lot of the other top players without sacrificing somewhere. QB is impossible fade, bell at RB is easy fade but not Freeman, Julio/antonio/edelman are not easy fades ever, NE D is not an easy fade. Some where you have to fade/save, if not Cook, than where.

• deactivated204643

I think Richard Rodgers could be an interesting pivot off of Cook, especially if Adams is limited or out. I’d be very surprised if Nelson suits up.

Edit: I still think Cook is the best TE play by quite a bit

• 33BeRad

Does anyone else think Martellus Bennett will be asked to block more than go out for passes? The Steelers put good pressure on ALex Smith, he didn’t have time to see a wide open Tyreek on a few plays. Plus they had to get it out quick. This line of thinking is going to mean lots of targets for Edelman and Lewis/White out of the backfield. Pitt also has allowed the fewest deep passes(20+ I believe was the stat mentioned during the game last week).

• mike42

If Cook doesn’t hit pay dirt he probably doesn’t hit value. I’m guessing vegas would say its about a 50/50 prop he scores a TD. I am fading him in 80% lineups for that reason coupled with the fact he will be in chalkiest TE in history and nobody thought much of him till a few days ago. I’m guessing 2 RB go off, and 2-3 WR. Fading him makes it more likely you have other guys in your lineup. Maybe James catches a TD and 5 balls or even 5/60 at half the price. James or Rodgers(TE) are probably as likely to score a TD as cook is and I don’t think thats a crazy thing to say.

• kdsdawg

I actually think James will be higher owned than Cook. Price will be hard to pass up and like others have said,if you play Cook, you are limiting yourself everywhere else. Also, Atlanta’s strong point on defense is the TE.
    I also think NE’s defense won’t be as highly owned on DK either..I think PITT can do as much..now on FD, they are priced very close together which was surprising..

• Fazool

Now Allison is banged up for GB too. Montgomery may be the play here, should be catching a ton out of the backfield.

• Shock87

We just need to sit back and wait till sunday morning to finalize these rosters.. During the week news needs to be monitored but we’ll find out the final word Saturday or sunday am.. No need to stress over guys being limited in a mid week practice. For all we know it could be some tactics used by the coaches..

• KillaChap

Lock in Ty Montgomery and then worry about everyone else as the week goes on. He’s a WR/RB on a team with 3 of 4 injured WR’s. He’ll catch passes and get rushing attempts and also will help you if they go with more Christina Michael out of the backfield because he’s really a WR.

• BIF

@stackbundy88 said...

Had a slight tweak in the game on his knee in the 2nd half last week and missed only a snap I believe.

Slight tweak ?

That looked like a severe hyper-extension that was going to end his season. How he played right after that was incredible but I’m sure when he woke up the next day, it had to be gimpy as our legs are not meant to bend that way.

• BIF

@Hoss_Man said...

I’m hoping Jones’ toe, plus lack of red zone targets, plus duds in prime spots = Smart Fade. Hoping…

Jones has had more red zone targets lately including one last week that was a TD

• BIF

@mike42 said...

U can’t get a lot of the other top players without sacrificing somewhere. QB is impossible fade, bell at RB is easy fade but not Freeman,

So Bell is a must fade who plays 97% of the Steelers snaps and never gets vultured by another back but Freeman is a must play (at 70% of the salary) who plays only 60% of the Falcons snaps. Bell also averages 2 targets more per game. Freeman had 14 TDs which is great but Coleman also had 12 so the vulture risk is real. Bell may not score as much as the Falcons duo but you know Bell is going to be on the field for every red zone play.

I’ll have my share of Freeman and Coleman for sure but you certainly have to consider Bell as well – no other player on the slate is anywhere close to being (almost) a lock for 20+ without a TD.

Bell averages 28 points on $10.3K
    Freeman averages 18.4 on $7.2K

Bell had 25 points versus NE earlier this year with Zero TDs. Freeman had 21 points versus GB earlier this year BUT had 2 TDs. Without the TDs it’s 25-9 for Bell

Bell has only had 1 game under 18.1 and that was 13 point effort at Baltimore where the Steelers always struggle. Freeman has failed to crack 15 points in 6/17 games including a 3.8 pts and 8.0 pts outing.

The existence of Coleman concerns me about being heavy on Freeman especially when Coleman on paper is much better pts/salary value this week as he average over 3x with 15.1pts at a 4.8K salary.

• ptothedo

@kdsdawg said...

I actually think James will be higher owned than Cook. Price will be hard to pass up and like others have said,if you play Cook, you are limiting yourself everywhere else. Also, Atlanta’s strong point on defense is the TE.
    I also think NE’s defense won’t be as highly owned on DK either..I think PITT can do as much..now on FD, they are priced very close together which was surprising..

Can’t see any other TE higher owned than Cook, especially after last week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).