NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sunday, January 22nd
    3:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Atlanta ( -4 ) —- T: 60
    6:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Players I will be heavier on than most this week: Brady, Blount, Coleman, Montgomery, Eli Rogers, Jesse James, Martellus Bennett, Randall Cobb, Taylor Gabriel

Players I will be lighter on than most this week: Aaron Rodgers, Dion Lewis, Jared Cook, Patriots D, Mohamed Sanu

Players I’ll probably be right at field avg: Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Davante Adams, Matt Ryan, Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones

Should be an interesting week for sure – two game slates are tricky, especially in terms of differentiation which is why you will see some unorthodox percentage plays from me. You’re probably not going to win many GPP’s rostering 4-5 players that are 50%+ owned but you can do so with 2-3 that are. Roster construction is a huge part of success this week. That and hitting on one or two of the <25% owned guys (and having them all in the right lineup)

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@kdsdawg said...

I actually think James will be higher owned than Cook. Price will be hard to pass up and like others have said,if you play Cook, you are limiting yourself everywhere else. Also, Atlanta’s strong point on defense is the TE.
    I also think NE’s defense won’t be as highly owned on DK either..I think PITT can do as much..now on FD, they are priced very close together which was surprising..

Atlanta is definitely not strong against the TE – they are 6th worst in FPPG allowed (DK scoring) giving up on average 5.56 receptions-63.13 yards-.56 TDs. That said, I’m all about fading Cook this week due to super inflated ownership (will still have my fair share of him but probably half of what projected ownership is and mainly just stacked with Rodgers)

• AVivier

@thehazyone said...

Players I will be heavier on than most this week: Brady, Blount, Coleman, Montgomery, Eli Rogers, Jesse James, Martellus Bennett, Randall Cobb, Taylor Gabriel

Players I will be lighter on than most this week: Aaron Rodgers, Dion Lewis, Jared Cook, Patriots D, Mohamed Sanu

Players I’ll probably be right at field avg: Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Davante Adams, Matt Ryan, Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones

Should be an interesting week for sure – two game slates are tricky, especially in terms of differentiation which is why you will see some unorthodox percentage plays from me. You’re probably not going to win many GPP’s rostering 4-5 players that are 50%+ owned but you can do so with 2-3 that are. Roster construction is a huge part of success this week. That and hitting on one or two of the <25% owned guys (and having them all in the right lineup)

Mine look similar other than I still like Lewis more than Blount.

I don’t think snap counts last week had anything to do with the flu, I think Lewis is their primary back now that it’s the playoffs. Add in that it was Lewis not Blount who got the goal line TD that ended the game. Variance was on his side for TDs last week, but it was also against him in receptions and yardage where he has a much easier matchup this week.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@AVivier said...

Mine look similar other than I still like Lewis more than Blount.

I don’t think snap counts last week had anything to do with the flu, I think Lewis is their primary back now that it’s the playoffs. Add in that it was Lewis not Blount who got the goal line TD that ended the game. Variance was on his side for TDs last week, but it was also against him in receptions and yardage where he has a much easier matchup this week.

Not totally in disagreement – I was super heavy on Lewis last week (50%) and feel this is a good time to pivot off of him as his ownership will approach that or higher. Also while I obviously benefited from his 3 TD performance he was extremely inefficient last week outside of those TDs. Think Blount will go overlooked and he should be in better position to put up some points this week.

• gillio

Rodgers/Blount or Brady/Freeman

• BIF

@thehazyone said...

Not totally in disagreement – I was super heavy on Lewis last week (50%) and feel this is a good time to pivot off of him as his ownership will approach that or higher. Also while I obviously benefited from his 3 TD performance he was extremely inefficient last week outside of those TDs. Think Blount will go overlooked and he should be in better position to put up some points this week.

Agree and the look Belicheat gave him after the fumble would make me concerned this week in a game that should be closer than last week’s. Blount saw more work after the fumble compared to almost nothing before that.

I’m not sure if Blount was or wasn’t 100% last week but after you saw the Raiders (with Carr) throw for almost 200 to their RB’s vs Houston in the reg season, I played a lot of Lewis as that is how you beat Houston (short passes in front of their their good safeties/corners which also neutralizes a decent pass rush).

• WidumBoise

It just….

FEELS LIKE A BLOUNT WEEK

if we want to be contrarian and win a GPP.

• fpm2015

fading bell? don’t get cute on a 2 game slate differentiate elsewhere there are alot of sneaky value players with upside goat over unders

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@fpm2015 said...

fading bell? don’t get cute on a 2 game slate differentiate elsewhere there are alot of sneaky value players with upside goat over unders

There’s a valid argument to fade Bell if you are entering just a few lineups. His price, especially on DK, makes roster construction very difficult. I’ll have him at about 40% on DK (100% on FD)

• gillio

While everyone stacks the GB/ATL game I’ll be going with a stack of the other game

• Dadeano860

@gillio said...

While everyone stacks the GB/ATL game I’ll be going with a stack of the other game

That should be contrarian considering GB/Atl has the highest over/under ever for a playoff game

• Messiah717

@gillio said...

Your thinking isn’t terrible at all. While it’s great to think about all the points that might be scored in Atlanta. The per player scoring could be spread all over the place.

• Messiah717

Anyone think James White could be a nice low priced sneaky play? Thinking outside the box lets say Lewis fumbles again early and Belichick benches him. White could get a little more work and at his price he doesn’t need to do all that much.

• AVivier

@Messiah717 said...

Anyone think James White could be a nice low priced sneaky play? Thinking outside the box lets say Lewis fumbles again early and Belichick benches him. White could get a little more work and at his price he doesn’t need to do all that much.

Nah, hoping a 3rd string RB gets bumped up to 2nd string during the game, and also still producing isn’t going to happen. The only true punt I see at RB is Ripkowski, who’s actullay less than White.

• Jaws1002

There really are no punts at RB this week unless you have an injury. It’s the Championship game they will roll with their best. Ripkowski actually had 3 carriers last week for 2.4 points. That isn’t winning you anything.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@Jaws1002 said...

There really are no punts at RB this week unless you have an injury. It’s the Championship game they will roll with their best. Ripkowski actually had 3 carriers last week for 2.4 points. That isn’t winning you anything.

Yep too many people will try and get cute at RB – don’t. There are six you should be using, anyone else is just paying the rake for those that use their brains.

• AVivier

@Jaws1002 said...

I don’t think he’s a good play, I think compared to White he’s a good play. I’ll have 0 exposure to White, and minimal to small exposure on Rip depending on GB’s injury situation.

• Messiah717

@thehazyone said...

Yep too many people will try and get cute at RB – don’t. There are six you should be using, anyone else is just paying the rake for those that use their brains.

I agree. I was just trying to come up with something off the cuff. I’m much more on Blount though than Dion Lewis. Blount had a solid game against the Steelers this season and is much more geared towards running against their defense. Lewis had his game last week. I think you take it and move on.

• trippw123

Anyone like Michael Floyd this week?

• AVivier

@trippw123 said...

Anyone like Michael Floyd this week?

Nah. Mitchell will be back this week most likely. And Floyd kinda stunk last week in limited snaps.

• Fazool

Any potential weather issues popping up yet for the late game.

• dgballer

@WidumBoise said...

It just….

FEELS LIKE A BLOUNT WEEK

if we want to be contrarian and win a GPP.

It will be if NE gets out to an early lead

• Dadeano860

@Messiah717 said...

I think he’s a much better play than Ripkowski. He’s the passing back in NE offense. It’s a big stretch, but he could beat a LB on an isolation route for a long TD or 2.

That being said, I play on FD and won’t take a flier on the RB spot.

• Hoss_Man

@Messiah717 said...

I agree. I was just trying to come up with something off the cuff. I’m much more on Blount though than Dion Lewis. Blount had a solid game against the Steelers this season and is much more geared towards running against their defense. Lewis had his game last week. I think you take it and move on.

I think Blount is more game script appropriate here. Running Blount forces the Steelers LBs to remain in, allowing for better play action passes, therefore allowing Brady to attack Pittsburgh’s young secondary.

• AVivier

@Dadeano860 said...

I think he’s a much better play than Ripkowski. He’s the passing back in NE offense. It’s a big stretch, but he could beat a LB on an isolation route for a long TD or 2.

That being said, I play on FD and won’t take a flier on the RB spot.

White had 12 total snaps total last week. I doubt he sees that much this week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).