NFL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sunday, January 22nd
    3:05 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Atlanta ( -4 ) —- T: 60
    6:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• squidkill

@BIF said...

Just keep donating – the rest of us appreciate it

donating? feel free to send me a H2H on DK anytime bud (squidcity12 any amount). I am mainly a cash game guy but dabble in tourneys. Not sure why you think I am “donating” anything. Just felt your name calling is petty and childish. that’s all-

• Fazool

@Messiah717 said...

I’ve been wondering how much the Green Bay receiver situation is going to effect the game overall. If you knew both teams were all systems go than this could be that shootout for the ages. With Green Bay guys hurting left and right I don’t know I can buy that the next in line will automatically yield the same results. For example regardless of what they say I don’t see anyway Jordy Nelson gets back this week. What are they going to do? Tell the defense nobody can hit him or fall on top of him? Adams even if he gives it a go is going to be limited. Cobb’s production without those guys usually does take a hit. Allison is even banged up and is not going to practice until Saturday. The Falcon then might be happy to let Cook and Monty catch short passes all day in a bend but don’t break defensive scheme. I know the whole yeah but it’s Rodgers but you still need players out there with you.

If Jordy does in fact play i see him as nothing more than a decoy.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

let’s try and keep this discussion on topic please, don’t make me get the mods in here. Take discussions to pm’s if you can’t be nice to one another in public.

• Messiah717

Adams and Allison are said to be game time decisions. Jordy Nelson I can’t see how he plays regardless of what they say. Especially with the news that he’s now sick on top of I don’t see how a guy with broken ribs could possibly take hits. Do you just fade everyone on the Packers except Cook and Monty? I don’t know how much faith I have in Cobb.

• Dadeano860

@Messiah717 said...

Time out. Are you the guy a couple of months back then went crazy in a post when somebody else posted Belicheat? Honestly, the fact that you can’t get beyond that and keep making it an issue makes you look far worse than anyone using the term. You’re contributing nothing to this thread at all with this crying about it.

I was the guy that called him Belicheat and he had a fit. Get over it buddy.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@Messiah717 said...

Adams and Allison are said to be game time decisions. Jordy Nelson I can’t see how he plays regardless of what they say. Especially with the news that he’s now sick on top of I don’t see how a guy with broken ribs could possibly take hits. Do you just fade everyone on the Packers except Cook and Monty? I don’t know how much faith I have in Cobb.

No you don’t fade a team that is going to likely pass 50 times with a total of 60ish with arguably the hottest QB in the NFL at the helm. He can make average receivers look above average.

• BIF

@squidkill said...

donating? feel free to send me a H2H on DK anytime bud (squidcity12 any amount). I am mainly a cash game guy but dabble in tourneys. Not sure why you think I am “donating” anything. Just felt your name calling is petty and childish. that’s all-

No prob, unfortunately it’s a pretty common nickname for him that he has had since the video-taping practice incident. Not all nicknames are positive like ARod/AGod; some of the players even hate their nickname like Muscle Hamster Doug Martin.

I can’t do a H2H as I’m in Mexico on vacation and you cannot enter or accept any contests while in Mexico; it’s a banned location. I’m free to edit lineups for contests that I’ve already entered from home but cannot add new ones.

• BIF

@Dadeano860 said...

I was the guy that called him Belicheat and he had a fit. Get over it buddy.

I think it was one of the Mamba named guys on here that freaked out – it wasn’t squidkill.

• billholler

@Messiah717 said...

Your post was fine. Lately it seems that there has to be a handful of posts that have to resort to name calling for no reason. I just don’t understand it. We should be able to give opinions without nonsense like that.

BIF is a doodie head.

• kdsdawg

Julio a full go with no limitations according to Quinn

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

fire him up in a few

• deactivated204643

@Messiah717 said...

Regardless of who is active/inactive I will still have Rodgers in at least 40% of my GPP’s. I’ve said the same thing for weeks, I can’t bet against an athlete on this kind of roll…even if he’s missing his top two weapons. If Nelson & Adams are both out I think fading Rodgers is a legitimate strategy but not something I’ll do since I rode the train this far. Adams said yesterday his ankle injury isn’t as bad as the one he dealt with last year. If that’s true and he is active I’ll take the risk and roster him at a medium to high percentage. As for Jordy, I’m with everyone else, I can’t see how he could play this soon with broken ribs. If by some miracle he is active I will get him in at least 10% of my GPP’s because I don’t think GB will activate him just to be a decoy, they have too many injuries to waste a spot on the 46. He mentioned yesterday if he played he’d wear a flak jacket. I can’t see it but I’ll have a strategy if it happens.

I see the sense in a Rodgers fade if he’s missing Nelson/Adams. I think/hope the picture will be clearer by kickoff. I’m talking about it now because I want to be prepared for anything. Keep in mind GB didn’t have Cobb, Montgomery or Cook in the last meeting with ATL. I just can’t rule out Rodgers making it work with whatever he has, we’ve all seen what he’s capable of. I’ll say it again because I know it sounds unbelievable but before Jordy/Adams were injured Cook was still the most important part of the GB offense outside of AR. Whether he’s targeted or not he’s a matchup nightmare and he opens up the offense for EVERYONE.

“Even before Jordy Nelson rib injury, Cook had emerged as Aaron Rodgers secret weapon, stretching the seam and converting crucial third downs. With Cook in the lineup this season, Rodgers boasts a sparkling 31:2 TD-to-INT ratio, 113.3 passer rating and 10 wins versus two losses, per NFL Media Research. In the six games Cook missed due to a severely sprained ankle, those figures dipped to a 15:6 TD-to-INT ratio with a 92.3 passer rating and just two victories.”

• BIF

@billholler said...

BIF is a doodie head.

Thanks Bill and How ‘bout them Cowboys !

• AVivier

@kdsdawg said...

Julio a full go with no limitations according to Quinn

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

fire him up in a few

Feels like a Quintorris week.

• IrishCarBomb9

Disregard

• IrishCarBomb9

@thehazyone said...

Depends on how many lineups you are making. There is a big difference to lineup construction when you’re making a small number of lineups (need to have a much smaller core) as opposed to large number of lineups.

My general approach (and I’m a degen so I’ll probably play 150 lineups because it’s the last time I can play NFL for 7 months) on a two game slate like this is to start with RB combinations. I’m only playing six RB’s so let’s say out of my 150 lineups I want the following allocation:

60 LeVeon Bell
    60 Ty Montgomery
    60 Devonta Freeman
    40 Tevin Coleman
    40 Dion Lewis
    40 LaGarrette Blount

I’ll then create 150 lineup combos with those numbers. I’ll then sort by those combos (I build by hand using Excel) and pair them with QB-WR-TE stacks. Once I’ve done that I sort by salary remaining and start filling in the pieces looking to utilize plays that make sense within that line (for example, avoid using a defense or adding a player from the other team in the game).

That’s a real brief explanation of my process – obviously much more involved but has worked pretty well for me in small slate NFL contests.

Thank you from another degen haha

• dgballer

@BIF said...

I think it was one of the Mamba named guys on here that freaked out – it wasn’t squidkill.

I Believe it was TomBradyBlueMamba if memory serves me correctly and i don’t think he has posted since.

• WidumBoise

FULLGOLIO JONES

• WidumBoise

God, it just is starting to….

FEEL LIKE A BLOUNT WEEK

if we want to be contrarian and ship a massive field GPP.

• Dadeano860

@WidumBoise said...

God, it just is starting to….

FEEL LIKE A BLOUNT WEEK

if we want to be contrarian and ship a massive field GPP.

I prefer hot, vaporizing RBs like Montgomery, Lewis and Coleman. Will definitely do the trick and more efficient

• Brodero

What are your guys take on Blount vs Lewis? I feel like Blount is still the main guy and the only reason Lewis started and played more snaps was because Blount had the flu. Maybe they were just trying to monitor his touches cause he wasn’t 100%. I think everyone will be on Lewis this week due to recency bias and Blount could be the sneakier option and provide a salary relief.

• Messiah717

@Brodero said...

What are your guys take on Blount vs Lewis? I feel like Blount is still the main guy and the only reason Lewis started and played more snaps was because Blount had the flu. Maybe they were just trying to monitor his touches cause he wasn’t 100%. I think everyone will be on Lewis this week due to recency bias and Blount could be the sneakier option and provide a salary relief.

I pondered a similar question a couple of days ago. At this point in my mind I rank them both as the bottom options of the two games. I put Bell, Freeman, Coleman and Montgomery ahead of them. It’s impossible to know what Belichick is going to do even in the red zone.

• billholler

@BIF said...

Thanks Bill and How ‘bout them Cowboys !

That was mean, hateful and totally unnecessary.

• AVivier

@Brodero said...

The general consensus (including haze and bif) here seems to be that Blount is a better play than Lewis. See page 6.

I respectfully disagree. I don’t think last week had anything to do with the flu. The Boston media from what I know seem to believe this was the plan for the playoffs. Bring Lewis back slowly and have him be the workhorse in the playoffs. I think his late season touches bare this out.

There is obvious savings with Blount. I have him paired some when going NE D (and a few lineups stray), but I like Lewis upside significantly more. The goal line TD NE got to close the game last week came from Lewis, not Blount. Pitt also isn’t particularly special against receiving backs like him either.

I don’t think his ownership will be crazy either, at all. People are gonna jump on TY and you got the ATL backs and of course Bell and people saving with Blount.

If I’m wrong, next week will be a blunt week.

• Messiah717

Between the injuries and now sickness going through the team it seems like somebody really has it in for the Packers.

• billholler

@AVivier said...

I don’t think his ownership will be crazy either, at all. People are gonna jump on TY and you got the ATL backs and of course Bell and people saving with Blount

Every site I frequent, including this one, has Lewis as the highest projected ownership of any back and it’s not even close. I would be surprised if he’s less than 60%.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).