Oakland at Arizona—10:00ET

Saturday August 13th

Seattle at Kansas City—4:30ET
    Indianapolis at Buffalo—7:00ET
    Dallas at Los Angeles—8:00ET
    San Diego at Tennessee—8:00ET

Sunday August 14th

Houston at San Francisco—7:00ET

Let’s get the discussion going. I see a lot of really good value plays at $5500 on DraftKings. I’m calling it right now, the winner of the $3 GPP will have exactly $500 in salary left over.

Who do you guys like? I’ll have an article up later about how to research plus my thought on GB/IND (fade) and then another article next week breaking down the Thursday slate.

I’m guessing DK will do SUN-THU, THU-Only, FRI-Only (already posted), SAT-Only and probably nothing for the Sunday game. Sorry, HOU/SF fans.

P.S. Don’t forget that FantasyDraft is offering preseason starting on Thursday and hopefully we can talk a few of the other sites into running contests as well.

• dds2190

You guys all are giving great info and I thank you in advance. Seeing a lot of Asiata love but I like McKinnon as well. Am I off in thinking they’re going to give him a good look?

• tylerhabeck

@dds2190 said...

You guys all are giving great info and I thank you in advance. Seeing a lot of Asiata love but I like McKinnon as well. Am I off in thinking they’re going to give him a good look?

He’s going to get work for sure, but probably not the goal line work. So you’d be counting on a big play or a 10-13 yard TD run. Which is totally possible, just a little risky.

• tylerhabeck

@finsup613 said...

any te’s that stand out? otherwise ill just handcuff mine to wtvr qb im playing. any1 know who that would be for gb?

I can’t offer much here, but the Vikings certainly like their TE’s, specifically their draft picks from the last two years, Pruitt and David Morgan. They’ve both done really well in camp. I assume Morgan will get more work since Pruitt has a year under his belt.

• dds2190

I have both right now, kind of thinking like the Philly Barner/maxwell situation last night. D/ST I like Minnesota too, though GB not a bad call either.

• finsup613

last year i played football on fd. transferred 2 dk since then. does dk credit d/st with pts when my guy makes a fg or xp?

• dds2190

@finsup613 said...

last year i played football on fd. transferred 2 dk since then. does dk credit d/st with pts when my guy makes a fg or xp?

No, only for td, sacks, ints, and fumble recoveries.

• tylerhabeck

@dds2190 said...

I have both right now, kind of thinking like the Philly Barner/maxwell situation last night. D/ST I like Minnesota too, though GB not a bad call either.

The problem I have with GB is that Cleveland isn’t as bad as they were last year. You could find a worse QB situation than RG3, McCown, and Austin Davis.

• pdid5000

Any insight on Mcgloin or C. Cook?

• jtwfantasy

I agree that Cle QB situation isnt terrible. I’d actually be more willing to target Cle vs GBs QBs who consist of a undrafted FA and a former Division 3 player. (Assuming Brett Hundley doesn’t play, I haven’t check for an update yet).

• dds2190

@pdid5000 said...

Any insight on Mcgloin or C. Cook?

Mcgloin is 2nd on depth chart and solidly ahead as far as back up is concerned. Cook from all accounts struggled a bit early in camp.

• tylerhabeck

Anyone know anything about the Steelers RB situation? I assume Bell and Williams aren’t playing

• flip4flop

@tylerhabeck said...

Anyone know anything about the Steelers RB situation? I assume Bell and Williams aren’t playing

Correct Bell and Willaims will not play. I am not looking at RBs here and will focus on WR since Landry will likely throw a ton.

• tylerhabeck

Hearing the Raiders starters are going to play a quarter tonight. Think a quarter of Carr or Cooper would be worth it?

• Capone1233

@tylerhabeck said...

I can’t offer much here, but the Vikings certainly like their TE’s, specifically their draft picks from the last two years, Pruitt and David Morgan. They’ve both done really well in camp. I assume Morgan will get more work since Pruitt has a year under his belt.

Pruitt has huge upside here. He was hurt last year most of season. I think they want to get him out and get some playing time under his belt. I see him playing a decent amount. TE is tough-Wasn’t EJ Bibbs lights out for Browns last preseason?

• sethayates

My Article for tonight is posted. Give me about an hour or two and I’ll come back and rank my top options at each position

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/nfl-preseason-friday-august-12th-1389277

• jdtrey

@sethayates said...

My Article for tonight is posted. Give me about an hour or two and I’ll come back and rank my top options at each position

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/nfl-preseason-friday-august-12th-1389277

You’re my boy Blue!

• ataggart

So which 2 defenses will score 25 points tonight and instantly eliminate your chances from winning a gpp if you don’t have them…

• Razzle11

@ataggart said...

So which 2 defenses will score 25 points tonight and instantly eliminate your chances from winning a gpp if you don’t have them…

just take your lineup and play it with each defense ;)

• finsup613

giants just bc ima fins fan its classic fins 2 get blown out by nyg backups

• TommyWantWingy33

Seth love the article again! Don’t sleep on that vikings defense though. Some of the back up D lineman (Danielle Hunter) are just as good as the starters. Solid LB core of back ups(audi “preseason touchdown machine” cole)1st round CBs trey waynes and mac Alexander ready to make a name for themselves.

• flip4flop

How much of a weather concern is NY presenting to everyone ?

• ItzJamesFTW

@tylerhabeck said...

Hearing the Raiders starters are going to play a quarter tonight. Think a quarter of Carr or Cooper would be worth it?

Source, please

• tylerhabeck

@ItzJamesFTW said...

Source, please

@victafur on twitter, beat writer for the Raiders

• skankinmat

Anyone liking Matt Barkley tonight?

• mileyvirus

RG Overall Ranking

@tylerhabeck said...

CONNOR COOK

The fourth-round pick from Michigan State has shown solid improvement at quarterback throughout camp and now gets his first real crack.

Cook may not play a ton. Expect Carr to go about two series and backup Matt McGloin to get a good run afterwards into the second half. But Cook should get a chance to get his feet wet.

McGloin has completed 63.5 percent of his exhibition passes for 895 yards, eight touchdowns and two interceptions. He remains the odds-on favorite to be the primary backup.

The Raiders are expected to keep three quarterbacks though, so anything Cook shows in the preseason could position him for a chance to leap over McGloin as the No. 2 signal-caller.

here is the link to the website that article is from:

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/raiders/ci_30233587/five-watch-raiders-preseason-opener-at-arizona

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.