Oakland at Arizona—10:00ET

Saturday August 13th

Seattle at Kansas City—4:30ET
    Indianapolis at Buffalo—7:00ET
    Dallas at Los Angeles—8:00ET
    San Diego at Tennessee—8:00ET

Sunday August 14th

Houston at San Francisco—7:00ET

Let’s get the discussion going. I see a lot of really good value plays at $5500 on DraftKings. I’m calling it right now, the winner of the $3 GPP will have exactly $500 in salary left over.

Who do you guys like? I’ll have an article up later about how to research plus my thought on GB/IND (fade) and then another article next week breaking down the Thursday slate.

I’m guessing DK will do SUN-THU, THU-Only, FRI-Only (already posted), SAT-Only and probably nothing for the Sunday game. Sorry, HOU/SF fans.

P.S. Don’t forget that FantasyDraft is offering preseason starting on Thursday and hopefully we can talk a few of the other sites into running contests as well.

• Genghis_Khan

@stubbysooner77 said...

Not a bad idea rostering HOF defenses. As an aside, when you roster d’s in preseason, look for teams with awesome starting quarterbacks and shitty backups. Dallas for example, has usually been a good team to target.

Heyyyy, stubby. RIP CFB, man. What the hell are we gonna do all week? MACtion doesn’t have quite the same appeal anymore…

Sorry for being off-topic.

• stubbysooner77

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

@Genghis_Khan said...

Heyyyy, stubby. RIP CFB, man. What the hell are we gonna do all week? MACtion doesn’t have quite the same appeal anymore…

Sorry for being off-topic.

Hi Genghis,

I don’t know. I may take up gardening. Most likely this just gives me more beer drinking time before CFB on Saturdays. I’ll miss random mid week CFB slates more than any. I guess I’ll research NFL more but my heart just isn’t in it as much as figuring out which fifth receiver for Western Kentucky will have a break out performance. My bankroll will suffer most likely.

• Genghis_Khan

@stubbysooner77 said...

I guess I’ll research NFL more but my heart just isn’t in it as much as figuring out which fifth receiver for Western Kentucky will have a break out performance.

Lol my sentiments EXACTLY.

That’s one reason I actually like preseason NFL, it’s kinda like college, a lot of digging and research for that hidden gem. In regular season NFL none of the gems are hidden.

Last chance to get in on some Western Michigan action here this preseason— he’s actually a pretty good play imho— you know who I’m talking about.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

Not only is the HOF game a fade for fantasy, but it’s pretty tough to watch too. These games are usually very sloppy and full of missed opportunities from both teams. You’ll get all excited seeing your receiver wide open running down the sideline, only to see the QB airmail the ball 20 yards over his head.

• bolu

@archieadams said...

As a counter-point to the offenses being bad targets in the HOF game, are the defenses worth rostering?

Green Bay has the lowest team total on the slate. The Colts are 3 point favorites. They are an excellent choice even though they are playing on a neutral field, and I think the ownership will be about 10%. While preseason lines have smaller limits than regular season lines, they’re still better than what most people can come up with on their own. If you don’t want to decide based on the lines, avoid overvaluing regular season. Many people choose defenses like it’s the regular season. They gravitate to the best defenses in football and don’t consider a bad regular season defense or a team playing against a top regular season offense even if the offensive starters are out. They don’t consider who is playing at home either, even though the home team wins more often in preseason

Defense is a position where you can rotate a few without losing much value. There are 14 preseason lines at 5dimes. The team totals would go from 15.5 points to 21.5 points. The difference is only 6 points, significantly less than what you see in a typical 14 game regular season slate.

As for wide receivers, I did very brief research on four teams playing Thursday and was shocked at the number of injuries. Missing at least three of a team’s top six receivers due to injuries and resting won’t be too unusual.

• grahamflakes

Any idea what DK does with these contests if the IND/GB is cancelled?

• sethayates

@grahamflakes said...

Any idea what DK does with these contests if the IND/GB is cancelled?

You will get a 0. Both GB and IND play again this week. Game will not be made up.

GET YOUR PLAYERS OUT

• mccoolio

THEY ARE CANCELLING THE GAME TONIGHT DO NOT PLAY ANYONE FROM TONIGHT. BAD FIELD CONDITIONS

• MastenPark

I just seeing this. WOW. I can’t remember a time where the game was canceled.

They had 8-12 months to get the field right. That’s crazy

• Genghis_Khan

@sethayates said...

my thought on GB/IND (fade)

Seth is a prophet. How could he have known? Doesn’t he live in Ohio? Is he a groundskeeper by any chance?

• mchin1027

I wonder what the ownership of GB/IND players will be…

• DomTwan

the pussification of america continues….

why cancel the game? this is football we play in ALL conditions.

• flip4flop

Added a few more entires since I’m sure there should be a fair amount of dead money

• mccoolio

Apparently the paint was impenetrable by cleats lol

• MastenPark

The fans who are there as of 7:42pm EST have not even been told that the game has been canceled per NFL network.

That’s crazy!

• TheRyanFlaherty

@DomTwan said...

Not sure I’d call that a “condition”…it’s not like it’s called for rain.
    It’s a colossal F’up on someone’s part, but you’re really going to risk injury in an exhibition game, and the most meaningless one at that, of the year?

• TheRyanFlaherty

@DomTwan said...

double post

• Frustrated

Absolute bullshit. Went to run some errands an hour and a half ago and just got back home and they cancel the game? That’s fucking bullshit. They couldn’t announce this earlier in the day? They had to wait literally an hour before the game was supposed to start? Fucking bullshit. There’s my fucking six dollar donation.

• bonuscash

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

Lived up to your username, at least.

• djcarr

Wow. Glad I only played $3. Didn’t even think to check on game status. That is such garbage. What’s worse is that these contests should have just been canceled since there was only one game today and nothing until Thursday otherwise. What’s the counter argument? Aside from, hey I want an absurdly unforseen advantage because I either faded the game or got lucky with no players in it. Haha. Seriously.

• sethayates

Ownership numbers for the $3 GPP that filled last night: Over 5,000 of the 15,000 player field selected at least one player in the HOF Game

Player %Drafted
    Jared Abbrederis 4.28%
    Frank Gore 4.15%
    Aaron Rodgers 3.63%
    James Starks 3.57%
    Jeff Janis 3.49%
    Packers 3.48%
    Davante Adams 2.71%
    Robert Turbin 2.54%
    John Crockett 2.33%
    Phillip Dorsett 2.19%
    Aaron Ripkowski 1.94%
    T.Y. Hilton 1.92%
    Josh Ferguson 1.84%
    Joe Callahan 1.82%
    Abou Toure 1.59%
    Colts 1.33%
    Donte Moncrief 1.30%
    Eddie Lacy 1.29%
    Scott Tolzien 1.24%
    Jordan Todman 1.24%
    Andrew Luck 1.15%
    Richard Rodgers 1.03%
    Alstevis Squirewell 0.93%
    Marquise Williams 0.89%
    Trevor Davis 0.74%
    Randall Cobb 0.64%
    Chester Rogers 0.64%
    Quan Bray 0.59%
    Ed Williams 0.58%
    Justin Perillo 0.55%
    Brett Hundley 0.53%
    Geronimo Allison 0.47%
    Dwayne Allen 0.43%
    Brandon Ross 0.37%
    Casey Pierce 0.29%
    Brandon Burks 0.29%
    Joshua Stangby 0.26%
    Jack Doyle 0.26%
    Josh Boyce 0.24%
    Jordy Nelson 0.23%
    Kennard Backman 0.21%
    Trey Williams 0.20%
    Harvey Binford 0.19%
    Emil Igwenagu 0.19%
    Jamel Johnson 0.18%
    Erik Swoope 0.17%
    Konrad Reuland 0.15%
    Stephen Morris 0.11%
    Daniel Anthrop 0.11%
    Tevaun Smith 0.08%
    Herb Waters 0.08%
    Mekale McKay 0.06%
    Mitchell Henry 0.03%
    Ty Montgomery 0.01%
    Jared Cook 0.01%
    Darion Griswold 0.01%
    Brian Tyms 0.01%

• Genghis_Khan

@bonuscash said...

Lived up to your username, at least.

Literally laughing out loud. He walked into that one.

• Genghis_Khan

@sethayates said...

Jared Cook 0.01%

An injured, non-starting starter in a cancelled preseason game. Is there such a thing as a triple negative? The person(s) who rostered him should be required to drive around to each one of our houses and hand us money, and politely ask us to kick him in the nuts. It would be quicker and less painful that way.

• mchin1027

@Genghis_Khan said...

An injured, non-starting starter in a cancelled preseason game. Is there such a thing as a triple negative? The person(s) who rostered him should be required to drive around to each one of our houses and hand us money, and politely ask us to kick him in the nuts. It would be quicker and less painful that way.

4% of people played a 33 year old starting running back

• salarycapfantasy

Several of those guys are on the PUP. Shame.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).