San Francisco at Kansas City 9:00 PM

Saturday, August 12th
    Tennessee at New York 7:30 PM
    Dallas at Los Angeles 9:00 PM
    Oakland at Arizona 10:00 PM

Sunday, August 13th
    Detroit at Indianapolis 1:30 PM
    Seattle at Los Angeles 8:00 PM

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• AVivier

@AVivier said...

Any thoughts on Fridays slate?

Does Pitt only have 2 QBs active? They seem relevant, as does the NYG D facing them. Engram for TE? Mixon, McNichols?

Only conclusion I’ve come up with is Giants D seems like a good cash play.

Somebody has to have something.

• VRod305

I’m playing Josh Dobbs. He’s always a threat for a rushing TD and with these totals, getting that from a QB is gold. Also want to play Juju with Dobbs and possibly Hamilton. Dobbs likes those quick slants.

Anyone have an opinion on TE? I’m thinking Engram.

• VRod305

I have McNichols too in my preliminary. I have Godwin in there. Don’t think he’s anything special, but should get a shot to prove himself.

• Toadthegreat

• djjoeyg

@elgambino said...

Also, throw in a wildcard for Tommylee Lewis w/ Grayson tonight.

Thank you for this!!! Tommylee saved my night with 30.7 pts in DK!!!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@Toadthegreat said...

Is Juju Justin Hunter?

No juju is Schuster. From usc.

• heyfeefellskee

@VRod305 said...

I have McNichols too in my preliminary

Careful. I like McNichols as a player but he has struggled with injury since joining the team and has reportedly struggled to learn the playbook.

• fenway2015

like kareem hunt KC and joe williams SF for the RB position tonight

• elgambino

@djjoeyg said...

Thank you for this!!! Tommylee saved my night with 30.7 pts in DK!!!

No problem! Had a feeling he could go off didn’t expect that final surge from him on the last drive to push him over 100 yards though! Nice little surprise!

• DC2380

@elgambino said...

No problem! Had a feeling he could go off didn’t expect that final surge from him on the last drive to push him over 100 yards though! Nice little surprise!

Yeah that was a good call. I played him as well!! THANKS!

• elgambino

Really tempted to play two Chief RBs tonight — KC only has 5 RBs. Ware is the starter and will likely be protected and West is still dealing with an ankle injury. Hunt, Spiller and Redding are left. They know what Spiller can do and he’s a bit older so I’d be shocked if they gave him more than 20% of the RB snaps tonight. Meanwhile, they’re looking to see if Redding is worth a spot on the Practice Squad.

• Toadthegreat

Who you all thinking for D and kicker tonight? I’m leaning towards Chiefs for D based on Vegas odds.

• elgambino

Anyone worried about Hunter having a repeat of Streater’s performance tonight? Lots of camp buzz and yet… I worry about what his production will see. I feel like Ayers will get more targets. 2nd year prospect who was hidden on the depth chart last year, still stashed pretty deep. I think Hunter has greater TD potential but think he’s boom or bust.

• Dfspacman

I guess it’s just about getting speedy receivers

• Stangs13

I think the big decision for tonight is whether to play Dobbs or the giants defense. Dobbs is garunteed the most time for a qb tonight it seems as he and Houston another rookie are the only guys playing for Pitt. If it goes good Dobbs is the play but if it goes bad the giants defense will be best as Houston is nothing special either. Haven’t decided where I’ll go yet

• Stangs13

@elgambino said...

Anyone worried about Hunter having a repeat of Streater’s performance tonight? Lots of camp buzz and yet… I worry about what his production will see. I feel like Ayers will get more targets. 2nd year prospect who was hidden on the depth chart last year, still stashed pretty deep. I think Hunter has greater TD potential but think he’s boom or bust.

I probably won’t play hunter I’d rather have Ayers or Tucker

• elgambino

@Stangs13 said...

I think the big decision for tonight is whether to play Dobbs or the giants defense. Dobbs is garunteed the most time for a qb tonight it seems as he and Houston another rookie are the only guys playing for Pitt. If it goes good Dobbs is the play but if it goes bad the giants defense will be best as Houston is nothing special either. Haven’t decided where I’ll go yet

Might be an option to go contrarian and use the QB going against your D. Preseason is a great chance to do that because the QB can have a “good night” and the Defense can still have a great game (7-13 points, 2/3 sacks and a pick or two from the 2nd half QB).

• heyfeefellskee

@Toadthegreat said...

Who you all thinking for D and kicker tonight? I’m leaning towards Chiefs for D based on Vegas odds.

Vegas odds? Come on, man.

Giants D for me, no question.

• finsup613

hoyer has been historically bad vs the chiefs. I dont know how long he’ll play or who hes going against. Dial up Chiefs D/ST for me

• heyfeefellskee

Ok, real talk:

AJ McCarron or Mahones for tonight?

• heyfeefellskee

@finsup613 said...

hoyer has been historically bad vs the chiefs. I dont know how long he’ll play or who hes going against. Dial up Chiefs D/ST for me

By “historically”, do you mean the 2 times he played them in his career?

He played them once in the regular season and once in the playoffs… I don’t think either of those are going to be much to predict for tonight.

• Stangs13

Tight end is rough tonight. Throw a dart and hope you get lucky

• tarheelsrule44

@Stangs13 said...

Tight end is rough tonight. Throw a dart and hope you get lucky

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Some open spots here guys – typically reserved for top 1000 but looks like there might be a couple spots for any one who signs up. Great competitive league (I went 1-13 last year ha ha – thanks for nothing Doug Martin).

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/2017-roogslaffle-rg-season-long-nfl-6-open-spots-2016044

• finsup613

each time he was dominated, and how much research can you really put into a preseason defense

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).