San Francisco at Kansas City 9:00 PM

Saturday, August 12th
    Tennessee at New York 7:30 PM
    Dallas at Los Angeles 9:00 PM
    Oakland at Arizona 10:00 PM

Sunday, August 13th
    Detroit at Indianapolis 1:30 PM
    Seattle at Los Angeles 8:00 PM

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Danielv22

WRs and RBs are a crapshoot. I’d imagine no single rb will get more than 10 carries for various reasons (avoiding injuries, testing depth, giving rooks and UFAs chances). WRs will be hit and miss too but here we can ID some key rookies who are fighting for starting roles in in the 3 or 4 spots. guess the main theme is to pick rookies and hope they have breakouts

• VRod305

I’m really not sure about some of these guys…but here are some I was looking at. I think Kellen Moore is my QB. He kind of reminds me of a homeless man’s Brett Favre. He’ll try a lot. At running back, I’m looking at Kerwynn Williams, TJ Logan and Rod Smith. Like Devin Street at wide receiver. He’s on a new team and should get a shot to show something. I also went to college with him and have seen a ton of him. Tight End…I have no idea. I think I might just take Rico Gathers.

• VRod305

I think at tight end, it’s either Gathers, Niklas or Stephen Anderson.

• deactivated204643

My first time playing NFL on DK. Can you change players from the Houston/Carolina game right up to kickoff or does it lock with the Arizona/Dallas game? Thanks

• Stangs13

VRod,

You like Rod smith over Keith smith? Rod smith is more of a fullback I doubt he gets that many carries but I might be wrong.

On other notes bummed seths went to the marketplace. He was made good conversation in the forums during preseason and I doubt that happens now.

• Stangs13

Nevermind my info was wrong. Rod smith has been carrying the ball more. Keith is a converted linebacker playing more fullback.

• fenway2015

like deshaun watson at qb and donte foreman at rb and braxton miller at wr on the 2 game k slate for a texans stack

• Stangs13

Normally the way to go is to fade the hall of fame game, but with the amount of players sitting for both teams tonight it seems like there will be more good plays from this game than the Houston Carolina game. Guys I like tonight:
    Gabbert, Rod Smith, Elijhaa Penny, TJ Logan, Chad Williams, Andy Jones, Noah Brown, Niklas, Momah, and Gaethers. Now its just narrowing that down. I will say Carolina and Houston Wrs might be the difference on this slate. Both teams seem to have a few guys out.

• elgambino

@Stangs13 said...

Wrs might be the difference on this slate

This is the truth. It’s pretty easy to see who will be carrying the rock for all 4 teams (Carolina’s a bit murky), and QB play will be complete preference (seems like tonight’s game will have 4 QBs all getting about 50% of the snaps — which is more than can be said for Wed night’s game). To take down a GPP in preseason, you need to find the receiver who will make the 40 yard grab or a TD and then get lucky on a defense getting a nice turnover or two.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

Do these games count for the NFL rankings?

• djjoeyg

I do not believe so

• badgerdores

Anybody ideas on who should get more carries for Arizona – T Logan or K Williams?

• cln2013

Logan is a special teams guy, already guarenteed a roster spot. Elijahe penny is the rb you want from this game.

• Stangs13

I’m going 50/50 on penny and Logan in lineups that I take a cardinals running back but I would lean penny

• bjacksonibew

Anyone know how much run we are expecting from McAffrey?

• elgambino

Some Rookie QB analysis over the past 3 years in Preseason (to help with Watson/Knight consideration):

1st Round QBs Avg: 88.14 YPG, 0 TD, .43 INT, 73.07 QB Rating

2nd Round QBs Avg: 115.5 YPG, .5 TD, .5 INT, 91.55 QB Rating

3rd Round QBs Avg: 54.5 YPG, .25 TD, 0 INT, 90.7 QB Rating

4th Round QBs Avg: 91.5 YPG, .67 TD, 0 INT, 100.33 QB Rating

5th Round QBs Avg: 27 YPG, .33 TD, .33 INT, 61.13 QB Rating

6th Round QBs Avg: 75.29 YPG, .29 TD, .43 INT, 73.37 QB Rating

7th Round QBs Avg: 78 YPG, 0 TD, 0 INT, 108 QB Rating

UDFA QBs Avg: 56.42 YPG, .16 TD, .53 INT, 51.63 QB Rating

UDFAs worst choice, statistically (surprise /s). But 1st Round QBs not throwing a single TD in the 1st week of preseason over the past 3 years is mildly surprising. Of course sample size isn’t huge, but extrapolating too far back starts to get outside of current HC philosophies for preseason playing time.

• VRod305

I could be wrong, but it looks like the Cards are thin at WR.

• VRod305

One guy I like talent-wise is Russell Shepard. I’m playing him.

• Ckp67

@VRod305 said...

I could be wrong, but it looks like the Cards are thin at WR.

Complete opposite… they are loaded at WR

• Logan7777

@Ckp67 said...

Complete opposite… they are loaded at WR

Yep. I see 12 or 13 WRs on their current roster. That’s an overload. Not much preseason to pare that list down.

• jokah03

Is FD doing late swap for football or will rosters lock tonight when the HOF game starts?

• jokah03

Kellen Moore and Brice Butler stack? I’m assuming he’ll get some good run with Moore? Anyone know who will get the most run with Arizona? Penny? I kinda like Momah at TE too..not sure if I should go Gathers to pair with Moore instead.

• elgambino

Wondering how much of an impact Chad Williams conditioning will have on his PT tonight. Arians gave him hell for it, but I still think he gets good looks, esp after their scrimmage. Considering Hogan in Tourneys though…

• VRod305

I just saw three of the Cards WR listed as questionable (which really means out). How many of those 10 remaining guys are just fillers? You also figure Fitz won’t play, so that leaves nine guys.

• gunthie176

@VRod305 said...

You also figure Fitz won’t play

Cards starters are all OUT for tonight’s game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).