07:30 PM EST : LA Rams ( 2 ) at Baltimore ( -2 ) — T: 36
    07:30 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at New England ( -4.5 ) — T: 37
    08:00 PM EST : Tennessee ( PK ) at Green Bay ( PK ) — T: 35
    08:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2.5 ) at Kansas City ( -2.5 ) — T: 35
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 3.5 ) at San Francisco ( -3.5 ) — T: 35
    10:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at Seattle ( -3 ) — T: 34.5

• CleverGroom

@kdsdawg said...

how do you know who is a rookie…I mean other than picking on me…

Just folks who don’t have experience badges by their names, or have lesser ones. Usually they get scooped out of the lobbies right quick. Only maxed out badges stick around, to be auto-paired against each other at lock.

But yo, Blake Mack is listed on DraftKings as a TE. That’s not how he’s listed in the Chiefs’ roster. Dude is a 6’ 2”, 235 lbs. converted TE who caught 82 for 1,270 yards and 10 TDs his last two years at Arkansas State.

He’s not fast, but he’s got some moves. Check out this one in particular. Just about snatched Daniel Sorensen’s life away.

Read this informative article if you’re not hip to him already. It concludes:

Mack stands as one of the more intriguing players to watch during Thursday’s opening preseason game against the Houston Texans. He should get opportunities with the second and third teams offenses seeing most of the playing time. [Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Eric] Bieniemy wants to see Mack build on the gains he’s made during the last week in training camp.

“He’s focusing, he’s listening, the details are starting to click and we’re watching him do some good things right now,” Bieniemy said. “We want him to continue in the upward trend.”

He’s a legit roster bubble guy who’s having a good camp, and who coaches want to see more of. The caveat I’ll mention is that it sounds like the Chiefs will be rolling a lot of different guys through on Thursday. They’ve got a lot of bodies at WR in particular.

Still an intriguing option, given the positional discrepancy on DK and the buzz from camp.

• VRod305

Kyle Allen was once the No. 1 recruit in the country. Heinicke isn’t bad and Gilbert also isn’t horrible. There’s probably other places.

• CleverGroom

@VRod305 said...

Kyle Allen was once the No. 1 recruit in the country. Heinicke isn’t bad and Gilbert also isn’t horrible. There’s probably other places.

Which DSTs would you prefer, and why?

• AVivier

@CleverGroom said...

Which DSTs would you prefer, and why?

I kinda like Chi, b/c they looked good, but more because they have more practice and scrimmage time and that should matter some this early.

• VRod305

I currently have the Chiefs in. I assume Watson isn’t playing and their guys behind him are garbage.

• VRod305

That game is one of the lowest totals on the board (33.5 and they are favorites.

• CleverGroom

@VRod305 said...

I currently have the Chiefs in. I assume Watson isn’t playing and their guys behind him are garbage.

Watson is likely to play.

The Chiefs defense is kind of awful. Starters, I mean. Why do we think their backups will be worthwhile?

Arrowhead’s a nice home field, though, and Andy Reid’s a gamer. Also Houston’s one of the only teams that might still have a worse starting OL than Carolina.

All the home teams are favorites except the Packers. I cannot for the life of me explain why they’re the one exception. Last week Green Bay (pop. ~105,000) sold out all 78,000 tickets to their Family Night scrimmage for the 12th time. At the scrimmage in Miami (pop. ~5,500,000), fewer than 5,000 fans attended. If there’s any team in the league that’s going to maintain their home field advantage in the preseason, Packers wouldn’t be a bad bet (Baltimore does alright too).

ETA: For what it’s worth, last year Watson started his NFL career in Carolina, preseason week 1. Savage played the 1st quarter, then Watson played into the 4th. They pulled him for Weeden after he was sacked on three consecutive plays.

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

I kinda like Chi, b/c they looked good, but more because they have more practice and scrimmage time and that should matter some this early.

I think Baltimore’s interesting for the same reasons. They have the added advantages of playing at home and John Harbaugh’s insane dedication to winning every preseason game.

Both CHI and BAL definitely have better offensive prospects than BUF, who could easily shame me by turning the ball over five times to CAR in the first half.

I’m curious if BAL and CHI will be over-owned after last week. Probably not a good reason to play or fade, given the freakishly huge player pool in the preseason.

Been thinking the same thing about Javon Wims in particular. Any reason he doesn’t continue to see a large workload here?

• VRod305

I hate that there are 12 games. Would be really nice to have 6-8 games on each slate.

• Stangs13

Make sure Callaway plays. He got arrested yesterday.

• mciama2000

@ItzJamesFTW said...

QB: Mayfield, Sudfeld, Kizer, Rudolph

What about Kevin Hogan on Washington? We had to listen a whole week last year of experts telling us to play him in cash. He’s not a great quarterback, but does offer decent rushing ability and will be going up against NE’s third stringers. I think he could have some decent value.

• winnerchickendinner

@Stangs13 said...

Make sure Callaway plays. He got arrested yesterday.

Damn. I was all over him. Loved him at Florida. Guess he is still a headcase.

• squidkill

@mciama2000 said...

What about Kevin Hogan on Washington? We had to listen a whole week last year of experts telling us to play him in cash. He’s not a great quarterback, but does offer decent rushing ability and will be going up against NE’s third stringers. I think he could have some decent value.

everyone is priced the same – there is no value

• squidkill

@CleverGroom said...

Just folks who don’t have experience badges by their names, or have lesser ones. Usually they get scooped out of the lobbies right quick. Only maxed out badges stick around, to be auto-paired against each other at lock.

But yo, Blake Mack is listed on DraftKings as a TE. That’s not how he’s listed in the Chiefs’ roster. Dude is a 6’ 2”, 235 lbs. converted TE who caught 82 for 1,270 yards and 10 TDs his last two years at Arkansas State.

He’s not fast, but he’s got some moves. Check out this one in particular. Just about snatched Daniel Sorensen’s life away.

Read this informative article if you’re not hip to him already. It concludes:

Mack stands as one of the more intriguing players to watch during Thursday’s opening preseason game against the Houston Texans. He should get opportunities with the second and third teams offenses seeing most of the playing time. [Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Eric] Bieniemy wants to see Mack build on the gains he’s made during the last week in training camp.

“He’s focusing, he’s listening, the details are starting to click and we’re watching him do some good things right now,” Bieniemy said. “We want him to continue in the upward trend.”

He’s a legit roster bubble guy who’s having a good camp, and who coaches want to see more of. The caveat I’ll mention is that it sounds like the Chiefs will be rolling a lot of different guys through on Thursday. They’ve got a lot of bodies at WR in particular.

Still an intriguing option, given the positional discrepancy on DK and the buzz from camp.

I am new, send me a h2h- I have no stinkin badges squidcity12 on DK

• Kylerusher

@CleverGroom said...

Remember that each team is almost certain to play 2-4 QBs. We’re talking over 60 QBs who’ll take snaps. Mayfield is an especially good option, but the field is obviously a better bet to produce the top-scorer.

Baker Mayfield is one of my favorite QBs here. I do think he’ll get 1.5-2 quarters, and reports from camp should be good. The downside, as you pointed out, is that he’ll actually be owned. He’s one of the only QBs who could reasonably get 2 quarters of snaps and ownership from squares.

There’s any number of ways Mayfield could fail. Maybe he gets a confidence-building TD on his first drive and Hue chickens out. Or maybe he throws 2 INTs and Hue chickens out—the man is not exactly known for his resolute commitment to a QB. Maybe all the scoring in the second half comes from non-Mayfield carries or field goals.

The QBs I’m focused on are DeShone Kizer, Brett Hundley, Brian Hoyer, and Danny Etling. Mason Rudolph and Nate Sudfeld are interesting for reasons already mentioned, but I’d put them a bit behind the others.

My read from Packers beat reports is that Kizer and Hundley split the game. Hundley will start, pitting him against the tougher defensive lineup. Kizer focused on 2-minute work today. McCarthy definitely views him as the new project, so I wonder if there’s not a chance he comes in late in the 2nd quarter and plays a bit more than a half.

Both Kizer and Hundley are excellent runners. If Kizer’s out there with the 3s in the 2nd half, he’s likely to be the best athlete on the field. Both of them have started significant NFL games, and Kizer’s even been consistently viable in fantasy, despite his warts.

Hoyer easily could be the best QB to receive 2 quarters of playing time. He’ll be playing at home for a Patriots team that has plenty to learn about their receivers. There’s zero shot that Brady plays in this one, so it’s literally just him and Etling competing for snaps.

My read on Etling is he’s been uneven, but decent in camp. I’d say he’s likelier to get the most snaps but obviously Hoyer’s a significantly better player. I don’t expect a big difference in their reps either way.

I feel like hoyer has to be #1 when you look at the NFL experience he has and he’s going to be facing crap defenses. Tom Brady is old let’s face it and a prime injury target. Bill doesn’t really care how things are supposed to go in preseason he’s going to have his backup ready to go come week 1 just in case. I looked back the past 3 years and saw that the Patriots threw a ton week 1 preseason with Jimmy g. I don’t think this is going to be much different. I really haven’t seen or heard anything on etling. But if he’s one of 3 QBs I’m sure he’s decent

• bjacksonibew

Rollin with panthers D against Nathan (5 Int) Peterman

• jdpena32611

Like the eagles DST, being that they are deep

• AVivier

The Saints don’t seem to have many RBs, does anyone like any of them?

• Genghis_Khan

RG Overall Ranking

Fantasy Draft has PS comps uppppp!

Half Rake H2H ftw.

• AVivier

@bjacksonibew said...

Rollin with panthers D against Nathan (5 Int) Peterman

In one half! In the midst of a playoff chase. It may have been the single worst coaching decision of all time.

• PookieMan69

@AVivier said...

The Saints don’t seem to have many RBs, does anyone like any of them?

• GoodOleTimes

Why hasnt anyone mentioned Lamar Jackson? what am i missing? he will play as much as any other QB on the slate and hes electric

• squidkill

@Kylerusher said...

Tom Brady is old let’s face it and a prime injury target.

“Tom Brady is old let’s face it and a prime injury target”.

LOL- heard that for the past 5-7 years-

• heyfeefellskee

@GoodOleTimes said...

Why hasnt anyone mentioned Lamar Jackson? what am i missing? he will play as much as any other QB on the slate and hes electric

What about his performance last week was “electric”?

And FWIW, there are a couple QBs that could get more playing time (and have more experience) that I can definitely see outscoring him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler